Witcher 2 'leaked' video

Maria Caliban

So the girly cards and slutty fantasy chicks are, after all, the real reason for playing Witcher? :o

They're just an integral part of the Witcher, like romances in a BioWare game, horrible camera in an Obsidian game, or emo teenagers in a Square Enix game.

In other words, both a curse and a blessing.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Hmpf. Now that I have the rig to run the first one, I still can't bear myself to overcome all the absurdity I've heard. Maybe I will, at some point.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hmpf. Now that I have the rig to run the first one, I still can't bear myself to overcome all the absurdity I've heard. Maybe I will, at some point.

I strongly suggest to give it a try, you just might like it. In my opinion it's easily the best rpg since Mask of the Betrayer.

And I never quite got why people critizise the sex cards, they are basically the same as the completed romance achievements in Bio's games, they just come with nicely drawn pictures.. and nobody is forcing you to "collect" them.

I strongly suggest to give it a try, you just might like it. In my opinion it's easily the best rpg since Mask of the Betrayer.

Err no, MotB is the best RPG since the Witcher, actually. :o

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Err no, MotB is the best RPG since the Witcher, actually. :o

Ha, yeah it looks like MotB was released month earlier than TW. Got my hands on TW a lot later than MotB, thus the confusion.

And I never quite got why people critizise the sex cards, they are basically the same as the completed romance achievements in Bio's games, they just come with nicely drawn pictures.. and nobody is forcing you to "collect" them.

It's ok, I haven't played MotB either. :o

I was really computer-challenged for, umm, ~4 years and have had something (barely) workable for only a couple of months now. I've come pretty consolified meanwhile, so simple control schemes are a must (so I can do it from the sofa) :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

They criticize them because they're trying to ignore memories of fappin to those same chicks in Heavy Metal magazine when they were teenagers.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I criticize them because they make an otherwise very goof rpg seem tawdry and adolescent.

That being said they are a very very small part of the game and easily ignored, so its not worth having a twit over.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Pictures of naked chicks with big jugs is never tawdry or adolescent. They're awesome.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Pictures of naked chicks with big jugs is never tawdry or adolescent. They're awesome.

Depends on context. The WItcher didn't need them. Other places they might be fine.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Exactly. One would assume that no one likes well packed babes when they grow older.

Besides, the Witchers qualities in graphical, world, sound and story design (+ humor, and a developed main character) are what really pushed the game into being a major success.

Most of all the Witcher had character. Doing its own thing, with a devil may care attitude. Soooo necessary after the puritan, polished, desexed, never rude (but still ultra violent) Bioware stuff.

The Witcher is a purely european game built on the best american tradition. Me loves it.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Depends on context. The WItcher didn't need them. Other places they might be fine.

I beg to differ, The Witcher needs something to counterbalance it's depressing atmosphere. What better than naked chicks?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Lesbian ninjas dual-wielding katanas while riding miniguns.

i seem to be the only person on earth who didnt really notice the card aspect of the game. It was only like a year after playing it did i realize that was something a lot of people payed attention to (usually complaining about it). It has ZERO impact on the game, who honestly cares if it exists or doesnt? You're never forced to sleep with anyone in the game if I remember correctly...

I can't believe that so much fuss exists about such an inconsequential aspect of a game that it would actually alter someones decision about whether to get the game or not. Its a 40+hour hardcore rpg. there are also a handful of naked people in it if you choose to find them.

it'd be like someone not playing fallout 2 because they heard a lot of complaints about the option to become a fluffer in the game.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I didn't mind the sex, but I do think they should have stuck to CGI sequences. The whole dirty postcard collector minigame aspect of it was laughable.

It may not have been their intention, but it sort of pokes the entire "achievement" fad (which is laughable) in the eye with a big rod in a satirical way.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I didn't mind the sex, but I do think they should have stuck to CGI sequences. The whole dirty postcard collector minigame aspect of it was laughable.

Maybe that was the point, to be humorous rather than sensual. After all if the Witchers weren't banging as many chicks they would had prbly killed themselves by now.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It may not have been their intention, but it sort of pokes the entire "achievement" fad (which is laughable) in the eye with a big rod in a satirical way.

Achievement: Veneral Disease?

Surely, that's all ready been done.