Witcher 2 'leaked' video

Maria Caliban

PC only would be financial suicide. Those Poles don't know what they're doing...

Because The Witcher 1 sold most of its units on consoles.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

PC only would be financial suicide. Those Poles don't know what they're doing...

Because The Witcher 1 sold most of its units on consoles.

It was okay to release a PC only game in 2007 apparently. See Crysis, Hellgate.

But that is no more nowadays. I doubt they can sell a million on PC again. Have they even a proper publisher?

The market hasn't changed that much in three years. The STALKER games sold fine PC only, being released in '07, '08, and '10.

Oh well, if it's a feeling. Can't argue with those.

It's so easy to get hooked on one though. My feeling is they'll do ok on it moneywise, they've got attention with the first one so that'll help.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's so easy to get hooked on one though.

You know what this calls for, right?

Ouga chaka!

The market hasn't changed that much in three years. The STALKER games sold fine PC only, being released in '07, '08, and '10.

4 million copies fine, apparently. I rather suspect the main problem with PC exclusive titles is convincing publishers that they will sell well enough without being multiplatform, hence the rather dodgy ports of essentially PC games like Risen.

Still (nota bene, Morgoth) TW2 has got Namco-Bandai publishing so it ain't a problem for them.

They weren't low, they met/exceeded targets. That's why they want to put it on consoles too to maximise returns on the franchise.

Are QTE's still in?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Are QTE's still in?

Yup, but to be fair, as far as I understand, they're just an option when fighting, instead of the typical QTE "if you don't click you die". The first "leaked" video wasn't a section in the game anyway.

Cool. Thanks. That's good to know.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

You dudes still believe that Witcher 2 will be PC exclusive? :p

It's just marketing speech to CDProjekt fanbase, it's a matter of time before they will announce the console version.

They are hinting it since the announcement

I think it is pretty much expected that there will be console versions, as I intimated earlier. But it is very unlikely that they will come out at the same time as the PC version as there ain't really much lead in time left for PR and the like even if they are quietly developing it already.

I dont know how well the first Witcher did as far as sales, but if the sales were low, I'm sure they'll probably at least try to put it on other consoles.

A bit shy of 2 million copies sold. They did have a console version of the first game in development (well, more or less- there were differences) but it got put on indefinite suspension when the financial crisis started biting CDP's lines of credit.

For that money, I'd like a sword.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra