The Music Thread

Gorth

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Mr. Scruff - Get a Move On

Classic.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Urchin - Ice Cream Van

A slightly trippy rolling bouncing instrumental track.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Overkill - Wrecking Crew

We'll wreck your neck!

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

After the Burial - Aspiration Incredible guitarwork. Those guys are tight.

Followed by:

Kenji Kawai Live - Kugutsuuta kagirohi ha yomi ni mata muto. EPOCHAL. I dare you to watch the whole 9:55 minutes of it. Put up the volume and experience its aural beauty in full form.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

the foundations - build me up buttercup

classic :shifty:

Better: Children, don't get weary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmtCw0NMfBM

-Elwood Blues

I've been listening a lot to St. Vincent, lately. Real name Annie Clark. Great guitarist. Quite awesome. (and quite hawt, too :verymad: )

The Strangers Acoustic

<-- Great video

Actor Out of Work Acoustic

These are quite enjoyable. I'm finding that I prefer her acoustic-only material, however.

Before I found those links, I was listening to Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding by Elton John.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Booker T and the MG's huh?

i prefer Green Onions by them

True, but it's overplayed, whereas this is buried treasure.

-Elwood Blues

Charles Mingus -- Hobo Ho.

Let My Children Hear Music is a very frustrating album. The first 5 tracks range from decent ("Don't Be Afraid, The Clown's Afraid Too") to fantastic (the above, as well as "The Shoes of the Fisherman's Wife Are Some Jive-Ass Slippers"*). Then comes "The Chill of Death" and "The I of Hurricane Sue." The latter is a little too far into the chaotic for my tastes, and the former is just awful-- background wacky music over which Mingus records a painfully terrible spoken-word poem, complete with cringe-worthy forced rhyming couplets. This kind of thing sort of worked a few albums prior, with "Passions of a Man" from Oh Yeah, but that was because the spoken-word stuff on that track was utter nonsense-- made up langauge with a few recognizable words thrown in-- which focused the listener on, well, the passion with which it was spoken.

*-- If you are a fan of Mingus' song titles, as I am, you will be interested to know that "Shoes" was a re-arrangement of a previous piece Mingus wrote, titled "Once Upon a Time, There Was a Holding Corporation Called Old America."

Gabby Young again. I have afierce hangover and her voice just entered my ears like a cold towelette. :lol:

-Elwood Blues

This Cayetano character is pretty good. :) Been listening to his album for a few months now, and it stands the test of time quite well. Most albums these days get less and less impressive with every listen.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes