The Music Thread

Gorth

Raja Ram appeared to me in a vision and said that it should be and so it shall:

Shpongle - Divine Moments of Truth

New album can't come soon enough. Are You Shpongled was one of the best things I've bought for half a pound. On the other hand, that was Camden, things tend to turn out awesome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Merged two music threads before they start multiplying uncontrollably :thumbsup:

The Mamas and the Papas: "Monday Monday"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Does that drummer always pout?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Does that drummer always pout?

Yeah, it's a pity Mark Zonder wasn't on drums for that tour.

The studio version isn't on youtube, though.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Raja Ram appeared to me in a vision and said that it should be and so it shall:

Shpongle - Divine Moments of Truth

New album can't come soon enough. Are You Shpongled was one of the best things I've bought for half a pound. On the other hand, that was Camden, things tend to turn out awesome.

I can't believe Are You Shpongled is already older than a decade. It still sounds so fresh. DMT is a bloody awesome track, but my personal favorite of that album has to be Behind Closed Eyelids. But Dorset Perception is still their all-time best track ever imo.

So in the meanwhile I've listened to the new album a lot. At first I thought it was a bit disappointing (compared to their previous work that is; on its own merit it's still friggin' awesome), but it's definitely getting better and better the more I get to know it. It takes a lot longer to sink in than Tales of the Inexpressible (which was insta-love for me), but that didn't turn me off at all, since Nothing Lasts also took forever to grow on me, and eventually turned out to be my favorite album of theirs.

PS: do not judge the new album (nor any other Shpongle album for that matter) by a downloaded mp3 version. The quality just does not compare. This is music you must hear in all its ultra-detailed glory.

Now it's waiting for the new Younger Brother album, coming in 2010. Bless Simon Posford, anything that guy touches turns to musical gold.

Edited by Pope

Immortal - All Shall Fall

Oh, yes. Yes they will. For a year there, I thought the album would affectionately be called "All Shall Fail", but this is massive stuff.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Don't know why, but I just burst into tears when I heard this. Bloody odd.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

NIN - Somewhat damaged

kirottu said:

Jimi Hendrix and BB King - The King's Jam

It's absolutely awesomely incredible.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

nilthose.jpg

Yes, yes, the choirs make me laugh, but it's still a masterpiece.

kirottu said:

Les Savy Fav - Patty Lee

Laozi has the best taste in music. Must be all the Taoism.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Fates Warning - One

Mark Zonder is a god.