The Music Thread

Gorth

I really think this Gabby Young character is one of the best things I've heard in years.

http://www.gabbyyoungandotheranimals.com/

Look for her music video down the page.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've been listening a lot to St. Vincent, lately. Real name Annie Clark. Great guitarist. Quite awesome. (and quite hawt, too :o )

The Strangers Acoustic

Actor Out of Work Acoustic

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Temptation - Cradle Of Filth

Cradle of Filth? really Jesse? :p

then again i'm listening to a song with vocals that i absolutely hate, but the music is so cool!

Eluveitie - Inis Mona

hurdy gurdy and bagpipes ftw! :o

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Cradle of Filth? really Jesse? :p

Yeah, I don't care for the vocals that much either. Other than that they're not that bad though. Still, the only reason I have any is that a friend gave me a CD of theirs awhile back. Anyways, now it's Steam of Passion's Out in the Real World from their live album also called Out in the Real World. :o

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

A fellah I met here liked Gabby Young, and suggested I try Roma di Luna. They're not on youtube or anything, but three albums listed on a 'certain' subscription music service. Haunting vocals with mutable backing, from hiphop to bluegrass banjo. A real talent.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Aight, so apparently converting isn't the same as transcoding (which is what TVersity does). So no high-quality mp3's for me then. No biggie.

I've been listening to the Remastered Beatles albums a lot the past few weeks. I love Rubber Soul, and I'm completely addicted to the guitar in I Want You (She's So Heavy) lately.

OverKill - Feel the Fire

Best thrash metal album ever.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Leftfield & Nicole Willis - Swords

From my favorite Leftfield album, Rhythm and Stealth. Leftism didn't age quite as well as this one.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

The Devil Walks - Roma di Luna

Not sure how best to describe them. Like Norah Jones after a two day drunk, maybe?

-Elwood Blues

Vision of Escaflowne OST

Dude, that's dope.

Nile - Yezd Desert Ghul Ritual in the Abandoned Towers of Silence

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds