Games you are looking forward to

Gorth

:)?

There's not only the cover -> similar watery setting, similar art style, similar awesome heroine with the power to cheat death, also more or less similar combat system (at least the melee).

Besides, it's from a European game developer. I put more trust in those guys & gals than in anyone from overseas nowadays...

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

:)?

There's not only the cover -> similar watery setting, similar art style, similar awesome heroine with the power to cheat death, also more or less similar combat system (at least the melee).

Besides, it's from a European game developer. I put more trust in those guys & gals than in anyone from overseas nowadays...

It seems to lack the charm and quirkyness of BG&E, reminds me more of a Prince of Persia clone than anything BG&E-related.

European developer usually means: lots of delays, low production values and more bugs that you can chase away with a barrel of Raid.

CitiesXL?

Since I refuse to google it, you must enlighten me. Even if it's with a link you find on google :)

:wub:

SimCity with updated graphics, and an MMO aspect to it.

Also the other transportation modules (busses, trains, subways etc) will be patched in.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It seems to lack the charm and quirkyness of BG&E, reminds me more of a Prince of Persia clone than anything BG&E-related.

The developer Deck 13 made the Ankh adventures, hence I'd be very much surprised if the game won't have its fair share of 'quirkiness'.

European developer usually means: lots of delays, low production values and more bugs that you can chase away with a barrel of Raid.

That's why they usually release first in their heimat so that the native gamers can do the bug testing... international versions are usually polished (of course, as long as there aren't any publishers like JoWood screwing around their developers).

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

SimCity with updated graphics

The demo was very pretty. :)

and an MMO aspect to it.

Yeah, didn't really understand how this would work or why it was included, but I suppose some people enjoy such things. Apparently there is a firm 'single player' option, so no biggie.

Also the other transportation modules (busses, trains, subways etc) will be patched in.

Patched, or purchased? Because I started reading about monthly payments in order to have a train network, and that's just not happening. To be honest, I don't understand what they're proposing in this area, but it's very off-putting.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

SimCity with updated graphics

The demo was very pretty. >_<

and an MMO aspect to it.

Yeah, didn't really understand how this would work or why it was included, but I suppose some people enjoy such things. Apparently there is a firm 'single player' option, so no biggie.

Patched, or purchased? Because I started reading about monthly payments in order to have a train network, and that's just not happening. To be honest, I don't understand what they're proposing in this area, but it's very off-putting.

Don't know about the third one, but for the second one they were talking about the ability to have an avatar that you can use to go to other cities and throw events.

• 2 weeks later...

HOLIDAYS 2009

Fifa 10

Dragon Age

Borderlands

Left 4 dead 2

MW2

Brutal Legend

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

At the moment, it looks like Dragon Age is going to be my only holiday purchase. Brutal Legend is a possible, but MW2 I will probably just pick out of the bargain bin, when it gets there. I don't feel like supporting activision much, and as I don't do online gaming, I'm not getting the full price's worth of gaming, anyway.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

i feel similar to you about MW2, but i played the single player mode of MW1 so many times that i definitely got my money's worth (though i only paid 40$ for it, so it wasnt full price) which makes me more optimistic about this one.

left4dead on the other hand virtually REQUIRES 3 good friends who play online. if you dont have those three reliable friends you can call up and start playing with... i dont see how people could play without that for more than a few hours.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

At the moment, it looks like Dragon Age is going to be my only holiday purchase. Brutal Legend is a possible, but MW2 I will probably just pick out of the bargain bin, when it gets there. I don't feel like supporting activision much, and as I don't do online gaming, I'm not getting the full price's worth of gaming, anyway.
You've got a long wait, I think MW1 is still full price.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

You've got a long wait, I think MW1 is still full price.

I bought it for 20 euros this spring, and it's locally available for 21 this week... PS3 games start at 60-70 in this level of taxation.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Got Dirt 2 a couple weeks ago, I'm gonna be looking forward to Forza 3 and Gran Turismo 5, and looking forward to trying to drop CoD off the charts, hehehe.

Do you like it?

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I just realized that I'm looking forward to Supreme Commander 2 quite a bit. I just hope they don't want to dumb it down for a console release.

mmm... computer stompingly large masses of units marching across the wastes of planets *drools*.

Okay, Bayonetta demo is amazing. I might just day1 this one.

Completely blows the crap out of DMC4, which is sluggish compared to this game.

Extremely agile character. Running/jumping/dodging can pretty much get you across the battlefield at a whim. You can also actively continuously dodge in mid-air for as long as you're in the air. You can also jump-cancel or dodge-cancel out of pretty much anything.

Good breadth in the movelist. Pretty extensive. Moves are quite nice, too.

Integration of offensive and defensive gameplay together is pretty awesome. If you hold a punch/weapon or kick button, you'll charge it and use your guns in the meantime. That means you can indefinitely stall combos, eg. P P P = P P --> hooooooooooold while shooting --> P. Even more awesome is that while holding said combo, you can actively be evading around. So, you can queue up your combo while dodging enemy attacks as well. And while you're dodging, you're still shooting enemies because you're still holding that button. Pretty awesome.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I just realized that I'm looking forward to Supreme Commander 2 quite a bit. I just hope they don't want to dumb it down for a console release.

It's not "dumbing down", Matthew. It's either "streamlining" or "making more accessible". You of all people should know better. :facepalm:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

STALKER: SHadows of Chernobyl. It's just not installing fast enough :facepalm:

Is this a replay or the first time?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.