What are you playing now

Gorth

I am becoming bored with Bloodlines. The main quest missions have been far too combat-slog-ish lately, and the combat mechanics are not nearly fun enough to justify it. I've now gone through what feels like an endless series of informants w/r/t finding the missing nosferatu in Chinatown, all of whom are wholly useless beyond giving me the name of the next informant, and giving me a reason to hack through a crowd of punks. I haven't met any interesting characters or learned anything useful about the story or gameworld since the first conversation I had when I got to Chinatown. Coming right on the heels of the interminable series of dungeons leading up to finding the nosferatu hideout, this all feels like pointless gamelength-padding.

Edited by Enoch

I am becoming bored with Bloodlines. The main quest missions have been far too combat-slog-ish lately, and the combat mechanics are not nearly fun enough to justify it. I've now gone through what feels like an endless series of informants w/r/t finding the missing nosferatu in Chinatown, all of whom are wholly useless beyond giving me the name of the next informant, and giving me a reason to hack through a crowd of punks. I haven't met any interesting characters or learned anything useful about the story or gameworld since the first conversation I had when I got to Chinatown. Coming right on the heels of the interminable series of dungeons leading up to finding the nosferatu hideout, this all feels like pointless gamelength-padding.

I wouldn't call the Blue Moon Hotel combat-slog-ish. I was able to talk or sneak my way through a great deal of the game.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

That in no way follows from what I said.

Yeah, I overreacted. I was on edgy mood. But still, think about it: If only people with a save can access that extra content, how much there is going to be that extra content? Not much I think. Atleast that's how I see it, if there would be more different-than-canon stuff, why not let everybody access it? I probably just expected too much for some reason, my bad.

I dont see why people are moaning about it.

i shouldn't have to hold down the right mouse button for mouse look. just a pain in the ass, that's all.

The NWN2 camera which shows all the walls and corridors totally breaks my immersion and feels like playing a lab rat.

i don't see that as a control issue, rather, that's a screwup in the way they portrayed indoor areas graphically - and yes, it is sort of sucky. i'm more concerned about getting the right position to look at the scene, which a regular run of the mill mouse look would provide (like, a checkbox or something in the controls). of course, if i can move it to the right position (one i'm used to), then spin around, i'll be happy.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

The game degenerates as more and more unfinished parts crop up towards the end, but since you are almost at the end stick with it. The game really runs out of content after hollywood - after that its a rush job all the way to the finale.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

The only combat sloggy part in Bloodlines for me was the Flesh Mansion along with the endless sewer tunnels. Ugh.

I really hated the Ming Temple, hacking through 100+ mooks in kimonos like in a bad Japanese slasher flick.

When I replayed the game with a character that had level 5 Obfuscate, a lot of boredom/frustration was alleviated.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I wouldn't call the Blue Moon Hotel combat-slog-ish. I was able to talk or sneak my way through a great deal of the game.

If the Blue Moon hotel is the name of the massage parlor where informant #1's kidnapped daughter was held, I tried to do that one stealthily. (If it isn't, theny I don't think I've been there yet-- I just killed Johnny and met "Mandarin.") But I was spotted upstairs and simply wasted the 4 or 5 punks I found there. From there to the ambush in the warehouse, and all the guards at Glaze turning on me, I was getting rather tired of plowing through tong thugs. (After dying twice because I'm not good at fumbling through my disciplines in combat, I decided just to get out of Glaze by turning on Bloodshield, jumping off the balcony and running for the door.) My big complaint, though, is that I think the game would be much more enjoyable if they simply cut these last few missions out and just had informant #1 point me to the Fu building. If you're not going to introduce any new enemies, puzzles, tactical situations, interesting locations, or memorable characters, there's no reason to have the quest in the game.

I'm playing a Tremere and I've only put a moderate investment in stealth so far (and nothing into Auspex), so most of the tougher stealth missions I've tried have been reload-fests. I'm good at completing the "don't kill anyone" missions because the AI sucks at pursuit after they've been Tranced or Purged. But the "don't let anyone even see you" ones take many tries to get right. I suppose I should either invest more in stealth (and I do have 20 or so XP to spend) or stop trying these kind of quests. Where is the point of diminishing returns on investment in persuade?

Tremere get both Dominate & Thaumaturgy. Really overpowered - level 5 dominate = "mass suicide" should kill all Tongs in their nightclub without any problem.

It would be really cool if it were possible to create your own homonculus as describe in one of Strauss's books.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Tremere get both Dominate & Thaumaturgy. Really overpowered - level 5 dominate = "mass suicide" should kill all Tongs in their nightclub without any problem.

I only have level 3 in Dominate. Didn't seem to be worth further investment since it doesn't work on vampires and the like.

And, as I said, I kind of suck at finding the right discipline to use on the mouse wheel in the midst of combat. (I also keep forgetting to put the good armor on.)

WoW, got booted from my guild for apping to another guild because the first one was basically starting to edge me out in terms of participation.

I just laughed when the raid leader (who was the one that kicked me) asked how loyal i was to the guild... I responded by asking how loyal he was to his raiders :)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

WoW, got booted from my guild for apping to another guild because the first one was basically starting to edge me out in terms of participation.

I just laughed when the raid leader (who was the one that kicked me) asked how loyal i was to the guild... I responded by asking how loyal he was to his raiders :)

Sounds like WoW is serious business.

>_<

I'm playing through Fallout 3 again because of operation anchorage and the Pitts. I have to say Anchorage was a disappointment though. Also with the new patches and the new level cap Dogmeat is invincible. Not even 3 deathclaws can hope to take him down more than 50% health (i'm level 12 now) I just sent him home to vault 101 because he was tanking everything so successfully it left me with nothing to do.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

My Baldur's gate game is coming the a conclusion. I'm only at level 5 though, as is my party of Imoen, Xan, Branwen, Viconia, and some elf ranger. Im guessing I'll gain another level during the final stuff (if I return to BG I get arrested) but I'm not sure if that is good enough for making the jump to BG2. Ah well, I'm bored walking around the countryside.

I also bought Madden 10. It's not all that exciting, to be honest, the be a pro mode is lacking compared to other sports games. I'll probably get into the franchise mode when football starts for real though.

Many, many classic games thanks to the sale at GoG - too many in fact. :)

I wish they would get more great games in their catalogue, like torment. As far I know, they have tried but for some reason haven't succeeded.

Finished ME yesterday, so now I have I good save for ME2. The first time I got the renegade ending, the things the counsil said at the end were kinda hilarious, like I was some homicidal maniac. I just did what I had to do!