Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

I thought Knowing was a cheesy hack job, but that's just me I guess. Predictable, dramatic high points marred by over acting, no sense of humor about itself. If you like the premise I recommend this instead.

A story revolving around a journal buried in a time capsule and the things written in it starting to come true, culminating in the apocalypse, sound familiar ?

Anyway, giant robots > aliens.

I don't blame Cage's performance though, I mean he can play a depressed drunk very convincingly. It's more a case of that truism 'never work with kids or animals'.

I much prefered trees going apesh.it.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Just saw Inglorious Basterds. (insert praise)

Now go see it. It's awesome.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yes Man - I really enjoyed it. It was similar to Liar Liar, Jim Carrey just dealing with odd situations.

It was OK. If you really enjoyed it though I can't stress enough that you should buy the book it's based on, Hurlshot. It's about 10 times better. Please, if you ever listen to me about one thing, let it be this.

http://www.amazon.com/Yes-Man-Danny-Wallace/dp/1416918345

Yes Man - I really enjoyed it. It was similar to Liar Liar, Jim Carrey just dealing with odd situations.

It was OK. If you really enjoyed it though I can't stress enough that you should buy the book it's based on, Hurlshot. It's about 10 times better. Please, if you ever listen to me about one thing, let it be this.

Is it a self-help book? It does look pretty interesting, I'll keep an eye out for it at the bookstore. I always enjoy book recommendations :D

Is it a self-help book? It does look pretty interesting, I'll keep an eye out for it at the bookstore. I always enjoy book recommendations :D

And he has voiced a character in Assassins Creed 2.. that's the power of "Yes"!

Fortune favors the bald.

Wall-E

I liked it but then again has Pixar ever made a bad movie? I mean sure they are mostly for children and lack a great deal of complexity and insight but I think you can appreciate the story and comedy no matter what age you are. It was cute and obviously aesthetically it doesn't any better.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

saw district nine. It was interesting but I didn't really understand how 1.8+ MILLION aliens could take that abuse and not get riled.

That said it was better than "Let's hide the action behind a column" Transformers.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

saw district nine. It was interesting but I didn't really understand how 1.8+ MILLION aliens could take that abuse and not get riled.

That said it was better than "Let's hide the action behind a column" Transformers.

Because 99% of them were really stupid. They ate tires for heaven's sake!

It almost felt like they were going to explain that, but it probably got cut out or something. Maybe in the Directors Cut version....?

No, it's a comedy like the movie based on it. I found it hilarious the whole way through, but in a meaningful way that made you think about your own life.

It almost felt like they were going to explain that, but it probably got cut out or something. Maybe in the Directors Cut version....?

they threw in a tiny bit where they said that the "stupidity" was because they were all basically worker ants without any "queen" controlling them.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Um. :lol: Cos they're aliens?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

watched in a dark place. i guess it's sort of a remake of the innocents, which i never saw anyway. it was... retarded. one of those movies you have to think waaaaay too hard to understand, and even then, you wonder what the writer/director was thinking. i'm not a leelee fan anyway. tara fitzgerald gets nekkid, and that would have been worth it other than the fact that my son was sitting there so i had to quick change the channel. i'm not ready to explain to him what the pretty lady was doing to herself all alone in the bed. same for the lesbian scene.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

A lot of humans took abuse at concentration camps and other parts of history. Not to say they are cowards, just saying they took a lot of abuse. Many timse to get riled up people have to be at a breaking point, perhaps some peoples breaking point starts when you remove other necessities rather then life and death situations.

Great movie! It was campy, gritty, dark and puts a twist on how humans would react to aliens if they were nice, possibly more realistic in some ways.

watched in a dark place. i guess it's sort of a remake of the innocents, which i never saw anyway. it was... retarded. one of those movies you have to think waaaaay too hard to understand, and even then, you wonder what the writer/director was thinking. i'm not a leelee fan anyway. tara fitzgerald gets nekkid, and that would have been worth it other than the fact that my son was sitting there so i had to quick change the channel. i'm not ready to explain to him what the pretty lady was doing to herself all alone in the bed. same for the lesbian scene.

taks

My mom and dad always had a simple way to put it whenever we saw domestic or european movies (always some nudity/sex):

Me: "Mooooom, daaaaad! What.are.they.doing?"

Them: "Grown up stuff. You'll understand when you are older."

Me: "When is that then?"

Them: "You will know. Trust us, end of discussion."

Me: "Um, ok".

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Saw District 9 for the second time. Still epic, even tough its a bit of a departure from my usual picks- I mean, there's really no killing until the last 45 mins... There's also acting... Too much of it, in fact...

Also saw HBP for the fifth time... I know, I know... But I wanted to see that goddamn

diadem

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS