What are you playing now

Gorth

BG TuTu. I am at my favorite spot in the game, that being Durlag's Tower. Best dungeon crawl ever.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

BG TuTu. I am at my favorite spot in the game, that being Durlag's Tower. Best dungeon crawl ever.

But not with TUTU :o

I just finished Chapter 1 of TOMI. Can't wait for more. :sweat:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I've never gone through Durlag's Tower before, but it's definitely something that I intend to try out this time.

Majek: :sweat:

Guest PoziomyPion

I didn't want to make a new topic, so I'm gonna ask you guys here. Recently I saw this re-release of various RPGs : LEGENDS OF RPGS

It includes Baldur's Gate I+II and expansions, Icewind Dale I+II and expansions, Planescape: Torment, Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader. I'll probably buy it, it's nice to have this on one or two DVDs.

I already have Torment, Icewind Dale 2 and both BGs, but I lost IWD1 and never played Lionheart. My question is, is it worth buying this pack mainly for Lionheart? Heard good and bad things about that game.

I played Lionheart and so I can give you my impression. First of all, it got a lot of bad press. Unfortunately, it deserved a lot of bad press. Some of the criticism was unfair, but some is unfair about every game. The part leading up to and including Barcelona was actually quite good. Not game of the year good, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. The part after Barcelona was not universally terrible, but it had some serious shortcoming. What were those?

Okay, first of all, the enemies were soooo numerous that it was a grind. Think of Diablo grinding away at levels sort of grind only Diablo was fun, which takes me to the next problem. The loot wasn't all that. You could grind away in a fun game, but the payoff in terms of loot needs to be good. Lionheart didn't provide that. Okay, grinding away for lackluster loot? That sucks, but at least you might expect interesting and entertaining monsters, right? Nope. You grind away through tuff mobs, but they're boring also. I mean, who wants to fight a tough as nails mob like 'English Soldier?' These guys don't give up the ghost easy, and they don't exactly have good loot on 'em either. Like most good soldiers, you probably don't want to fight folks who don't have anything worth taking in the first place. ...But, hey, at least it has some good role playing opportunities, right? I mean, no one could waste such a ripe setting as that? *EERRHHNNNNN* Wrong again! The vast majority of your fun role playing comes before or in Barcelona. Once you leave there, your just a luckless bastard fighting tons of tough bastards for their meager loot virtually none of whom want to ask any questions before they stab, shoot, poison, or occassionally cast spells at your sorry ass.

However, I did enjoy it for what it was worth. I even found a non-combat ending, which was a surprise, considering all the combat you're forced to endure to get there. I cannot really recommend the game, but you can find value in it, if you're willing to work hard at it.

Guest PoziomyPion

Seeing how I enjoyed Resident Evil Outbreak, which got bad press and some big flaws, I'll probably enjoy Lionheart as you did Aristes. Thank you for your honest opinion! I must say the grinding sounds horribly, but maybe I can take it like a man, especially with the help of S.P.E.C.I.A.L. - I wonder how it works in a fantasy setting.

CoD4 is pretty close to a perfect game when it comes to multiplayer FPS. Ive clocked over 100 hours of mp. It only has 3 minor flaws:

1) the 3D audio system doesnt work with height, so an enemy a floor below you will sound like hes right next to you.

2) guns doesnt have a max rate-of-fire so if you're a fast clicker, you can shoot full auto fire with pistols and sniper rifles

3) the helicopter is annoying on some levels as you have no choice but to hide, causing a 30sec standstill before the shooting starts again

Apart from that its pretty much perfect.

..and I just got JA2 1.13

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Finished Overlord 2. Would've done so earlier but hubby hogged the game and he's very slow...besides, I didn't find it quite as obsessive as the 1st game.

The end boss was even easier than in the 1st game. Multiple guard markers, sit in a corner and wait...duh. Disappointing. I also missed entertaining 'bosses' like the fat halfing king. The ones in OL2 seemed more straightforward bad guys.

The button pushing elevator after Spider Queen was frustrating due to some mouse control bugs/speed issues.

But I liked the game overall...just not quite as much as the 1st. However, all the great minion 'champion hats' were awesome.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Maybe I'm just a dork... but I MUCH preferred the armies starting out with their correct weaponry. None of this crap where Americans start with a Russian PPsH or whatever.

Besides that, the helicopter absolutely RUINED the game for me. Just a cheat mode. Much prefer CoD: World at War MP, though I admit I'm biased as I find WWII far more interesting than modern warfare (from a game/setting/weapon standpoint).

COD4 is actually one of the best Mplayer games for FPS's around. Mindlessly addictive and well balanced. The only gripes that I've seen consistantly are the ones kafty mentioned, and one or two gripes about a few of the perks (Martyrdom for example).

Modern Warfare 2 is going to be as good at least.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

COD4 feels bland and static... Sure it runs at 60fps, but you never really make an impact on the world. It's really static, it's one of those, oh look I can shoot through walls, why don't you show me to wall blow apart.

Black really changed the way I think about FPS's on consoles.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

You never played CoD4 mp with us, you jerk.

(psst what's your PSN username?)

Um...I don't have one?

I think it's Hurlshot, I'll check it when I get back from my trip. I'm buying a new TV, so I'll probably be on it a lot, but I only play Saint's Row 2 biznitch. Gotsta represent yo.

CoD4 had single player stuff?

nope, just some endless spawning of incompetent enemies against you and incompetent squad mates. the blast in the past mission was good though, even you must agree on that

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.