Baseball!

Guard Dog

If I were in charge of Baseball the DH would be the very first thing I'd get rid of. The Rays-Blue Jays game ran over four doggone hours tonight. This crap just does not happen in the NL (as often). At least the Rays won.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Football is football, soccer is the name the yankee imperialist pigdogs came up with.

Football is a game you play with your feet, as opposed to a game you play standing on your feet. I think it's fair to award the title to the game which does more fot stuff. And that is clearly 'soccer'.

In any event, as Giles from Buffy said "I don't know why America, a nation which prides itself on its masculinity feels it has to don 40 pounds of armour, just to play a simple game of rugby."

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Now, I don't like football (soccer) at all. I don't understand why my entire country, and a whole bunch of other countries, are so obsessed with it. It's boring and ridiculous, running after a ball only to kick it away again.

But I have to disagree with you, Volourn, because as boring as soccer is to watch, Baseball is worse. Not only is Baseball boring to watch, it's boring to play and consists mostly of standing still waiting until it's your turn to do a tiny sprint.

I don't know about American Football though, I never watch it (I don't care much for a bunch of pansies pretending to be invincible just 'cause they have a few pads and a helmet) but I played it once, and broke someone's arm in the process, so I guess it was kind of interesting to play in a morbid way?

It's boring and ridiculous, running after a ball only to kick it away again.
You aren't big on sports, are you?

-Boxing: two dudes beating the crap out of each other.

-Golf: some guy trying to push a ball into a hole using a stick.

-Weightlifting: fat bozos squatting and making funny faces.

-Track & Field: running and jumping around and these guys don't even have a ball to kick!

Really, give me any sport and I'll give you an inane simplification. Except Curling. Curling rules.

I don't know about American Football though, I never watch it (I don't care much for a bunch of pansies pretending to be invincible just 'cause they have a few pads and a helmet) but I played it once, and broke someone's arm in the process, so I guess it was kind of interesting to play in a morbid way?
Interestingly, pro football players are some of the best conditioned athletes overall, barring gymnasts. I guess that must be just for show.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Interestingly, pro football players are some of the best conditioned athletes overall, barring gymnasts. I guess that must be just for show.

fat_fb_player.jpg

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Guys, how about creating a new thread for comparison of different sports and let those who likes baseball have this thread? :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

<pic>

Dammit, where'd you get that pic?! I've lost a few pounds since then, I swear!

proof

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Guys, how about creating a new thread for comparison of different sports and let those who likes baseball have this thread? :-

How about you guys create a different thread/forum where all the whiners can bitch, complain, and generally piss all over the US and stop polluting the rest of the forums with their hate filled tirades?

Edited by Kelverin

fat_fb_player.jpg

Umm... that is not pro football Mkreku. That looks like HIGH SCHOOL football. You know, unpaid teenagers. I realize you an not from the US or have ever even set foot in it (which is amazing considering how much you criticize with so little understanding) but I thought even you could tell the difference.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Here is some interesting stats that will show how well conditioned and athletic these athletes are. Results from the combine.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

In regards to Baseball many would argue and be correct that the hardest thing to do in all sports is to hit a major league pitcher. 700 hundred people on the entire planet can play MLB that's it.

Lol, 40 reps on the bench @ 225 lbs is some pretty heavy ****.

I don't think mkreku meant that as a serious rebuttal, though. It is the first (and second, and third...) result you get when you google for "fat football", after all. Chill.

I don't think mkreku meant that as a serious rebuttal, though..

Ah you're right. Sorry Mkreku, I've just been in a rotten mood lately. I guess it's because my birthday is coming up.

Thomas Sowell

I don't think mkreku meant that as a serious rebuttal, though. It is the first (and second, and third...) result you get when you google for "fat football", after all. Chill.

Yeah guys, lay off, he's already from Sweden no reason to pile on.

In the meantime the 'Stros are starting a series with the Nationals today in their seemingly neverending quest to reach .500

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Guys, how about creating a new thread for comparison of different sports and let those who likes baseball have this thread? :sorcerer:

How about you guys create a different thread/forum where all the whiners can bitch, complain, and generally piss all over the US and stop polluting the rest of the forums with their hate filled tirades?

But both of those things are way too much fun to move to another thread! Trolling a thread just for trolling is like fishing in a bathtub.. an empty bathtub.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think mkreku's post was kind of poking fun at the leet one. Otherwise, we'd have to take his point as this one guy is fat. This one guy plays football. Therefore all football players are fat. That's just silly, though, so he couldn't have meant it that way.

Sorry about dragging this whole thread off topic. I should have known better.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I know nothing about pudgy football players, but I do know that watching the Red Sox lose a 5 game AL East lead in a week is frustrating as heck. :lol:

Baseball can be very exciting, but most of the time it's not...it's a game of slow buildups and long innings, punctuated by sometimes miraculous comebacks...even the biggest fans would admit that. But when you're rooting for a team you adore, it's all worth it.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The pAAAdres were no hit tonight. Jonathan Sanchez entered the game 2-8 with a + 5.00 ERA and dominated the SD club and was one error away from a perfect game. :p

Don't be too hard on your team, Sanchez is a special pitcher, he is just (usually) unable to find any consistency. He's the kind of pitcher that will no hit a team for 5 innings then melt down in the 6th for a bunch of runs. It's frustrating as hell. Hopefully this little gem will allow the Giants to move him for a decent hitter, they've been shopping him all year I believe.

The pAAAdres were no hit tonight. Jonathan Sanchez entered the game 2-8 with a + 5.00 ERA and dominated the SD club and was one error away from a perfect game. :)

Don't be too hard on your team, Sanchez is a special pitcher, he is just (usually) unable to find any consistency. He's the kind of pitcher that will no hit a team for 5 innings then melt down in the 6th for a bunch of runs. It's frustrating as hell. Hopefully this little gem will allow the Giants to move him for a decent hitter, they've been shopping him all year I believe.

What was special about tonight for Sanchez was that is father was there and it was the first time he ever has seen his son pitch in the big leagues. ;(

As far as the pAAAdres are concerned, what a mess last night they were no-hit through 6, tonight no-hitter, half of the original team is on the DL and they sucked to begin with. It's going to be a long summer.

That was a tight redsox game today. They won 1-0. And the Yankees lost, so yay.

The redsox seem to be in a mid-season mild batting slump. At least, they don't seem to be burning quite as bright as they were last month. But that's ok. Maybe they miss Lowell, heh. I only hope the next time they play Tampa, they can actually win. Tampa has had their number for a while, seems like. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I saw my Nephew play last night over in Greenville. That is a nice little town. Anyway, he got in on a PH in the 7th and struck out in 4 pitches. But it was great to see him in there. I got a cool pic of it that I sent to his parents.

Thomas Sowell

Obama to join Fox broadcast booth for All-Star Game

God, can we please have at least one thing this misereable, worthless, son of a b**** does not try to seize control of and subvert for himself. One of the appeals of sports is to take your mind off of your other worries, like the miserable state of the country for example. Seeing him spout his screed and the commentator kiss his a** will certainly ruin that.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

Obama to join Fox broadcast booth for All-Star Game

God, can we please have at least one thing this misereable, worthless, son of a b**** does not try to seize control of and subvert for himself. One of the appeals of sports is to take your mind off of your other worries, like the miserable state of the country for example. Seeing him spout his screed and the commentator kiss his a** will certainly ruin that.

:grin:

That's easy for me, just ignore the worthless all-star game like I do. "This time it counts" is just propaganda for MLB to cash in, the winning side is .500 in WS championships since this tripe was induced by selig and his cronies. Haven't cared for the all-star game since I was a kid.