What you did today

Gorth

I just hung out with a freind for about four hours, we were supposed to be planning a pen-and-paper game but ended up never getting around to it - oh well, we're going to meet again soon though so we can do it then. :sorcerer:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

By downloading torrents I appear to have gotten a virus that killed my motherboard.....

I'm gonna go insane aren't I?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

By downloading torrents I appear to have gotten a virus that killed my motherboard.....

It's most likely not a virii - but, yes, you're going to go insane. :fdevil:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Have you ever read something that was so full of spelling and grammar mistakes that you start to see them where they don't exist? I just spent 5 minutes trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with the word we're. I also spelt mistakes as misteaks when I first typed up this post.

Obviously these are clear signs that I need to get some sleep.

I went on two factory tours today, the Jelly Belly factory and an Anheuser Busch Brewery. The Jelly Belly factory was insane, kind of like being at an amusement park. It was a pretty average tour, groups of 30 led around a walkway overlooking the factory floor, and I was surprised that the candy prices weren't really discounted at all.

The Brewery was a ton of fun and more personal. They start you off with a taster, you get two beers in about 8 ounce glasses. They are famous for Budweiser, but there were some other interesting brews they had available, and they also handle some Michelob brands there. I tried the Shock Top, a Belgian white, and Budweiser American Ale, which was on tap. Both were very good. At the end of the tour, we were able to choose from a good selection of bottles and make our own six packs. I got the Shock Top, Michelob Honey Wheat, and a couple Michelob ULTRA's which are basically like wine coolers for my wife.

Both tours were free, which is cool.

hehe, growing up in st. louis and attending a missouri college, i am quite familiar with the AB tours in downtown st. louis. unfortunately, only second hand. however, as the story goes, they used to allow unlimited drinking at the end of the tour. as a result, the organization i ultimately joined (the st. pat's board) at UMR (uh, MST now) used to do a yearly tour and get themselves all messed up at the end. not just messed up but chug and blow messed up. that was how we hazed: "fill 'er up baby rep!." anyway, it wasn't too many of those trips before AB limited the number of beers each person could get and the board stopped touring. we also got in trouble one year (the year before i joined) for painting one of their clydesdales green during street painting (alumni board reps paint the main downtown street green for the st. patrick's day parade, using a lime-based paint).

grant's farm in st. louis used to allow unlimited drinking, too, and... well, you guessed it. the board actually got kicked out of there as i have been told since it is otherwise a family affair and a bunch of guys dyed green puking everywhere isn't conducive to little bobby and mary petting goats.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I went on two factory tours today, the Jelly Belly factory and an Anheuser Busch Brewery. The Jelly Belly factory was insane, kind of like being at an amusement park. It was a pretty average tour, groups of 30 led around a walkway overlooking the factory floor, and I was surprised that the candy prices weren't really discounted at all.

The Brewery was a ton of fun and more personal. They start you off with a taster, you get two beers in about 8 ounce glasses. They are famous for Budweiser, but there were some other interesting brews they had available, and they also handle some Michelob brands there. I tried the Shock Top, a Belgian white, and Budweiser American Ale, which was on tap. Both were very good. At the end of the tour, we were able to choose from a good selection of bottles and make our own six packs. I got the Shock Top, Michelob Honey Wheat, and a couple Michelob ULTRA's which are basically like wine coolers for my wife.

Both tours were free, which is cool.

But... But.... BELLY FLOPS!

i live....

half way through my time off - have been completely incommunicado for the past week

haven't so much as even spoken a single word to my flatmate and haven't been on the net or replied to any txts or calls

in fact, yesterday was the first time i left the house during the day - the sunlight really hurt my eyes ;)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

:(

my computer (which as we read before, is now deader than a doornail) is going to cost less than I thought... I just need to hit up Fry's and pick up my AMD 64 2.2 ghz duel core AGAIN for 50 bucks

So I went out for my ritual once a week sandwich and the guy taking my order was apparently super pissed off. I think someone was a no show or something becuase there was only 2 of them and the other guy was on the phone and I think their air conditioner was broken as well (which is brutal since its like over 100 degrees out). Either way when he was finishing my sandwhich I could hear him cursing and lamenting under his breath. I then tipped him $2.72 and he gave me 6 stamps towards a free sandwich. It was pretty awesome. Extremely representationalisticness of my wisdom for investing. It's been like 3 weeks and my stocks roi is over 20%.

I've also been playing a ton of heroes of newerth. Great game.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I had to go make an appointment for my truck today. Last week the passenger side window crapped out, and now the drivers side window is stuck down, and won't go up.

I should be downstairs taking all my valuables out, but instead I'm on the computer, typing....

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I had to go make an appointment for my truck today. Last week the passenger side window crapped out, and now the drivers side window is stuck down, and won't go up.

I should be downstairs taking all my valuables out, but instead I'm on the computer, typing....

Its highly unusual for both motors to die at the same time-ish, especially since the passenger window typically gets much less use. Just to potentially save yourself some time and moola, Id check the fuses under the drivers side dash before I brought it in.

Yar, good idea gifted! I'll go do that now.

edit: after some fiddling, I managed to get the window up. Weird thing is that the fuse isn't blown. I assume it's like a lightbulb? As in if the connection isn't broken between the two parts, it's still good, right? I'm slightly retarded when it comes to mechanical/electrical ****.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

That is correct. If you see an unbroken line of filament between the two connector tabs, the fuse is fine. There may be individual fuses for each window too.

At least you got the one window up ( :p ) but I would seriously be jaw-agape surprised if you actually had two window motors go bad. Unless its a 10+ y/o hoopty.

The motor on the drivers side doesn't sound too good. It hops up a fair bit slower than the rest. And my truck is a 2007 model. Serves me right for buying a dodge.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm debating, at this late hour, whether to send a quick out-of-the-blue email to someone I knew in highschool, that I haven't seen for 22 years. I always think it'd be cool just to exchange a few emails or something, but then I totally chicken out. Yeah, I'm a wuss.

Beyond that...hubby had some interesting work related news today. I can't/won't go into details, but it's potentially exciting, that's for sure. Still, it could turn out it's not a good fit, so we shall see.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Fantastic irony: I was just looking up bible quotes for the apocalypse thread, and was reduced to incoherent, fevered, and obscene language by the unbelievably poor web design of the swivel-eyed loons who record bible quotations. If only they could be told the holy results of their efforts! :biggrin:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

'Swivel-eyed loons' Okay, I admit that I've been awake for quite a while at this point, but I just found that image histerical. Ugh, I don't want to wake up the wife. Must. Stop. Laughing.

I went to lunch with my recently widowered friend. He's been dating this woman. Started dating her about three months of his wife died. Just... weird. I've been having lunch with him once a week as our schedules allow. Hey, I'm his buddy. I don't judge him, but I can think it's a bit strange. Frankly, since his wife had cancer for several years, I know that he's actually feeling suddenly free. He was a doting husband to her while she was alive, but I think the stress was going to end up killing him soon if she hadn't died. Serious as the heart attack he had last year.

In other news, I find that the phone ringing, the sounds of the gardeners, and other things that will be absent at the LSAT are distracting me during the day and so I've decided to sleep during the day for the next month and do my practice tests at night. This is the first night and I only came up with the idea because I couldn't sleep this evening. So.... tried it out. Began strong, but I'm too fatigued to think straight. It's not that the answers are hard, but the 3 section took too long. I had to guess the last five answers and screwed up the order. I'm going to go to sleep after I make breakfast and tea for the wife and get up in the early afternoon. Not ideal, but I'm going to try it.

I went to lunch with my recently widowered friend. He's been dating this woman. Started dating her about three months of his wife died. Just... weird. I've been having lunch with him once a week as our schedules allow. Hey, I'm his buddy. I don't judge him, but I can think it's a bit strange. Frankly, since his wife had cancer for several years, I know that he's actually feeling suddenly free. He was a doting husband to her while she was alive, but I think the stress was going to end up killing him soon if she hadn't died. Serious as the heart attack he had last year.

I can't speak for your friend, but I know that I feel very strongly as if my life has been on hold ever since we found out my mum had cancer. You go into emotional and intellectual lockdown. Also, it seems logical to me that you'd reach out to another person when you're hurting from grief. ...additionally, thinking about it... when someone is properly terminal you almost begin the grieving process before they're gone. Any of that make sense?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It does. ...And I sometimes think about your mom. How's that for this damned message board getting into my head. I hope all is well. Hearing about other folks' aged and ailing parents is not a laughing matter for me at my stage in life.

I made an e-card for a dutch card manufacturer that is barely known in holland let alone outside it yet fancies itself one of hallmark's major competitors. Bwaha. Oh well, paid work is paid work.

How are you holding up, Wals? I have a friend who went through something similar about a year ago and he came out somewhat obsessed with death (to the point of going to shows of mediums) and things like angels and ghosts. And it doesn't seem like he's going to get over it anytime soon. I hope that doesn't happen to you.

Maybe you can become a musician and write songs to get through it. It worked for E from the Eels. If I went through something like that, I'd look upon the album Electro-Shock Blues in a completely different light though...

Edited by TrueNeutral

Two words: **** death.

Death is a physical fact that is going to overcome every single one of us. But that does not mean we should pay it any mind. It's like some amazingly powerful dictator. We should fight it, we should outfox it, we should rage against it. But what we should never do is to hold any kind of interest in it or respect for it. I spent a good few hours talking about this with my mom, and she's come round to my way of thinking somewhat. The only emotion one should have towards death is contempt. Total, venomous, but serene contempt.

That's why I shall NOT become obsessed with angels or mediums, or how many cigarettes I second hand smoke. That's why I say: take heart, take ale, and forget the whole bloody subject except to damn it vocally and in chorus.

-Elwood Blues