What are you playing now?

Gorth

That looks like my kind of game, but I don't have a gamecube. :(

Yeah, I know, I was just rubbing it in. Mwahahah.

Actually, Gamecube games work on the Wii, though I think you need an original Gamecube controller to play them. And unless you already have a Wii it's not really worth it.

I really liked the Zelda games I've played. However, I don't think I'll buy the Wii. It's not that I'm a PC snob. I tried the original Xbox and I've played consoles at other folks houses. I can never get used to the controller for an FPS. I'm too spoiled. I don't think the controllers are as responsive as keyboard and mouse and I'm unused to the motions necessary to use them effectively. Heaven knows I've tried! I did enjoy KotOR 1n2 on the xbox, but ultimately I ended up using it as my DVD player for a while. If it hadn't been for the fact that MS and Sony couldn't get their acts together on a standard for storage, I would have bought the Xbox 360 as my next gen multimedia player, but it wasn't meant to be and I was unwilling to pay for either the 360 or a Playstation 3. First of all, I don't think Sony is somehow goodness and light while Microsoft is the evil empire. On the 360 side, the best games were coming out on PC. I didn't see enough PS3 only games to make it worth my while and the PS3 was considerably more expensive.

The Wii is cheaper, but the only games I would probably play are the Zelda games and ones that you guys would convince me to try. That's all well and good, but it wasn't enough to warrant it. If I just had more space for these gadgets, I would probably get the Wii.

By the way, it's maddening. Maria said that the chic in Hell Kitty's avatar reminded her of something someone said. Now I think Hell Kitty is Maria half the time. It's actually rather irritating because, since it happened the one way, it now works in reverse. I think Maria is Hell Kitty. Damn you all!

I'm currently downloading the Max Payne bundle on Steam. *nods to Purkake*

Yeah, I've been trying to play Eternal, but the fixed camera and almost 2D graphics make it feel a lot more primitive than Cthulhu, plus it's hard and health is weird. The story seems really interesting though, so I'll probably try to continue some time. You need a Gamecube controller and a Gamecube memory unit to play it on the Wii.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Metroid Prime 3

Resident Evil 4

Far Cry

Does your Farcry game usually end up with you hiding in the bushes and killing everyone as they come to investigate who is killing everyone? That happened to me all the time.

It's all fun and games until the evil mutants show up and want to melee you :lol:

Playing Dreamfall. Whoever thought that the "interaction beam" was a good idea was wrong and what's up with all the minigames? Story seems pretty interesting, though...

Dreamfall was strange in that sometimes there was a really tough puzzle or challenge followed by nothing very interesting, and at other times there would be this big reveal after doing something relatively simple.

Playing Dreamfall. Whoever thought that the "interaction beam" was a good idea was wrong and what's up with all the minigames? Story seems pretty interesting, though...

Dreamfall was strange in that sometimes there was a really tough puzzle or challenge followed by nothing very interesting, and at other times there would be this big reveal after doing something relatively simple.

They also REALLY like their mobile phones, maybe Tornquist got his first phone when he was making the game or something. I wouldn't be surprised if I had to use some "app" to defeat the final boss...

Well at first I thought Overlord2 wasn't going to allow as much 'farming' of lifeforce, but I was wrong. You just have to know the spots. Only thing hard to get/can't 'farm' is the dark crystals. The constant little cut-scenes are annoying - I don't mean the long story ones, but things like in the Tower or the 'show a monster/lever' bits.

The section using Greens to stealth around Everlight fort was both delightful and a serious pain in the arse. Mixed emotions on that one. I have a Tower Mistress and a cool looking flaming sword now. I am Overlord hotness.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well at first I thought Overlord2 wasn't going to allow as much 'farming' of lifeforce, but I was wrong. You just have to know the spots. Only thing hard to get/can't 'farm' is the dark crystals. The constant little cut-scenes are annoying - I don't mean the long story ones, but things like in the Tower or the 'show a monster/lever' bits.

The section using Greens to stealth around Everlight fort was both delightful and a serious pain in the arse. Mixed emotions on that one. I have a Tower Mistress and a cool looking flaming sword now. I am Overlord hotness.

The towns are actually pretty good for harvesting life force if you enslave everyone. Nordberg will raise seals for you to squash and Everlight bars just throw out life force for you to pick up.