What are you playing now?

Gorth

Ok, got past it. Didn't understand the plant pod...from the 1st possession bit, thought you had to kill the dryads first. Heh.

I like being able to see your minions individually in the minion home...and definitely like being able to resurrect your fave/most buff minions. In the 1st game I had this one minion w/a gold helmet & sceptor that I kept alive the whole time, reloading if he died. Now I don't have to reload. Awesome.

You know, I read your post last night but was so tired I didn't even understand what you were saying. Yeah, you target the pod with your reds and destroy it. You don't have to do that part in possession mode, but it works too.

There are four lands and you don't get all your minions until the beginning of the third one.

I finished Everlight last night and ran around dominating everyone before I quit. I prefer the second mistress' taste in decor.

What pleases me about this game is that the puzzles are always a bit different, and that other than basic combat everything is a puzzle. Whenever the situation looks even slightly difficult, I know that all I need to do is study the environment because there's something which will make things much easier. At this point, I think I've only lost about a dozen browns.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I've picked up Gothic 3. Again. Main reason for doing so is that I added another GB of RAM to my system. It plays smoothly now, and thanks to the Community Patch 1.7.2 melee A.I. is significantly improved (though the game is much harder), plus the character system was tweaked and balanced a bit as well. It's amazing how much work the community packed into this patch. Kudos to them!

What are you playing it on? I've got a gtx275 and 2 gigs of ram and it still loved to hang out in the sub-30 fps range. Which isn't too much of a problem, but it felt more jittery about it than polite society would dictate necessary.

Ah well, I didn't even care for the game too much so I don't know why I need to run it perfectly anyway.

I have 3 GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT and the game runs generally smoothly everywhere save in towns. There the fps takes a nosedive to the low 20s.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I tried Arma2, or "Operation Flashpoint 3" as it would have been called hadnt Bohemia sold the name to Codemasters. It seems to be just like OF except better looking and more polished, the story is probably very good aswell. They're not pulling any punches with the gritty realism either; torture, rape and a mass grave on the first mission alone.

But its all screwed up techwise. It's a textbook example om how NOT to use hdr lighting, motion blur and depth-of-field. Add to that a headbob that is so extreme that few players could go 5min without vomiting form severe nausea and disorientation. And in a curious finale of tech weirdness, the game doesnt use antialiasing, instead you set the framebuffer manually to either scale up or down a set resolution.

And to top it off, they're using the most satanic DRM ever concieved: FADE. If the game detects the slightest alteration in the installed files or your disc, it will actually destroy the game. It starts by fudging up gameplay settings and then gradually destroys your installation until you cant start the game anymore. Its apparently sensitive enough to go off if the disch becomes scratched or you try to install mods for the game(and you pretty much have to install mods that disable the visual effects to make it playable) Or just that you have a cheap dvd reader that the drm doesnt like... or that you simply have daemontools installed on your computer.

So, a great game thats completely ruined by some very dodgy technical decisions. Stay the frakk away until they release a patch that both fixes the graphics and removes the DRM.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I tried Arma2, or "Operation Flashpoint 3" as it would have been called hadnt Bohemia sold the name to Codemasters. It seems to be just like OF except better looking and more polished, the story is probably very good aswell. They're not pulling any punches with the gritty realism either; torture, rape and a mass grave on the first mission alone.

But its all screwed up techwise. It's a textbook example om how NOT to use hdr lighting, motion blur and depth-of-field. Add to that a headbob that is so extreme that few players could go 5min without vomiting form severe nausea and disorientation. And in a curious finale of tech weirdness, the game doesnt use antialiasing, instead you set the framebuffer manually to either scale up or down a set resolution.

And to top it off, they're using the most satanic DRM ever concieved: FADE. If the game detects the slightest alteration in the installed files or your disc, it will actually destroy the game. It starts by fudging up gameplay settings and then gradually destroys your installation until you cant start the game anymore. Its apparently sensitive enough to go off if the disch becomes scratched or you try to install mods for the game(and you pretty much have to install mods that disable the visual effects to make it playable) Or just that you have a cheap dvd reader that the drm doesnt like... or that you simply have daemontools installed on your computer.

So, a great game thats completely ruined by some very dodgy technical decisions. Stay the frakk away until they release a patch that both fixes the graphics and removes the DRM.

But did you actually buy the game? I'm just saying...

Okay, so I finished Dark Corners of the Earth and unlocked the next setting. I had a 97% completion rate without completely pillaging any walkthroughs, but my score sucks. Apparently, your saves detract from your score. To be fair, I would be willing to play without any saves other than what they give me. That's how it is in Painkiller on the hardest setting. However, I was forced to save in order to do the whole shooting at the mages on the beach thing because of the Vista 64 glitch. Anyhow, I don't know if I had the extended ending. I saw the funky race that showed me the enemey from their great library. I also

committed suicide

. If there's more I can get, I can try, although the ships gun bug is just horrible. GRRR Is there any more I should have seen other than what I did?

Okay, so I finished Dark Corners of the Earth and unlocked the next setting. I had a 97% completion rate without completely pillaging any walkthroughs, but my score sucks. Apparently, your saves detract from your score. To be fair, I would be willing to play without any saves other than what they give me. That's how it is in Painkiller on the hardest setting. However, I was forced to save in order to do the whole shooting at the mages on the beach thing because of the Vista 64 glitch. Anyhow, I don't know if I had the extended ending. I saw the funky race that showed me the enemey from their great library. I also

committed suicide

. If there's more I can get, I can try, although the ships gun bug is just horrible. GRRR Is there any more I should have seen other than what I did?

I think that's the "extended" ending, the normal ending just has the

suicide

, you can still check youtube just in case. The funky race was everyone's favorite trumpet-shaped Yithians, who send their consciousnesses through time to possess other races and do their stuff.

Only wanted to say that my initial reservations about Overlord2 have been vanquished. Once I got the red hive the game picked up enough for me become immersed as of old. Puzzle/strategy definitely went up a notch or three - not that it's complicated, but it does take observation and an occasional pause for consideration.

Just got to Everlight...I like the change of scenery. The snow was becoming too much white. :(

Also...I miss the Arena.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I tried Arma2...

But did you actually buy the game? I'm just saying...

No, I wont go near the thing until the clean it up. There is a demo available on Steam, thats what I played. http://store.steampowered.com/app/33920/

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

suicide

, you can still check youtube just in case. The funky race was everyone's favorite trumpet-shaped Yithians, who send their consciousnesses through time to possess other races and do their stuff.

No, I think that's the standard ending, that's what I got and I had the lowest grade possible. The special one I think you need an A to get, and it may be about Jack's father or something, best to search youtube, and post it here if you can, I want to see it too.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

suicide

No, I think that's the standard ending, that's what I got and I had the lowest grade possible. The special one I think you need an A to get, and it may be about Jack's father or something, best to search youtube, and post it here if you can, I want to see it too.

Oh, I thought the latest patch made you always see the extended ending. Go check out the full one on youtube for sure, otherwise the story is pretty nonsensical.

I might play it again. The only glitch that will make it hard to get the A rating is the one with the ships gun. Otherwise, it's just a matter of being willing to forgo saves and whatnot, which could be a pain, but most of the game is based on puzzles rather than reflexes. It's actually a lot like Blood Money in that respect.

Spent the night Overlording and ended when I picked up my third/last mistress. She's my favorite, but her bonus for the last battle is the least interesting.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I might play it again. The only glitch that will make it hard to get the A rating is the one with the ships gun. Otherwise, it's just a matter of being willing to forgo saves and whatnot, which could be a pain, but most of the game is based on puzzles rather than reflexes. It's actually a lot like Blood Money in that respect.

Sound awfully like grinding. I usually don't play anything more than once, especially after just finishing it. The "extended" ending should be the default one, the grade stuff is BS. To get a good grade you have to keep looking at your feet to retain sanity, not use morphine...

Tales of Vesperia. Not a huge a fan of JRPGs ...in fact my favourite JRPG isn't even Japanese, but Vesperia is a real gem. The best I've played in a very long time. In a genre full of sullen, obnoxious and/or prepubescent protangonists, Yuri is a real accomplishment. He's genuinely likeable. They all are. And the developers even include something akin to BG2s party banter, which really adds a lot of character. Great fun.

I'm hoping someone will post impressions of Blood Bowl, it looks cool but I've heard nothing about it.

Check the Codex, General Discussions for a couple.

I actually wouldn't mind another CoC run. As maddening as it was, I quite enjoyed it. The bugs and the never ending cutscenes were a big issue for me, but it really caught the feel of the Lovecraft universe and PnP game.

The cutscenes were toooooooo long. There were too many of them, and there were some you couldn't bypass. Nevertheless, the game really left me wanting more Cthulhu.