What you did today

Gorth

I got a pair of boots, and then flicked toothpaste in my eye.

wow, seemingly unrelated events that, when paired together, appear even less related than before. i did not think it would be possible. really.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I read an article about President Obama and his speech at Notre Dame. It talked about a anti-choice activist, a man shouting "Stop killing our babies!" It made me wonder. Just how many babies did this man given birth to and exactly how many did President Obama personally kill?

He may have been an ant. Or possibly a number of armadilloes standing on each other's shoulders.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I forgot to say: My mother appears to have an aggressive tumour that is encroaching on her airway. We shall have to see whether it is as serious as it looks, and as aggressive (it came on in less than a week). I know your thoughts will be with us, but save the commiserations for when we know more. :ermm:

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I started playing Fallout 3 for the first time on Saturday. I've barely slept or eaten or done much else since. Holy crap this is a great game!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I started playing Fallout 3 for the first time on Saturday. I've barely slept or eaten or done much else since. Holy crap this is a great game!

It is. It is indeed.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Just finished watching Glee. A lot better than I expected and I loved it. Funny in the way I like, a bit surreal, great/fun music. Can't wait for more.

Even musical-hating hubby liked it - he LOL'd several times, even. Awesome.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I graduated yesterday, which ended up being a 15-hour affair from getting regalia, struggling with the stupidity of said regalia, going late to a parade and forgetting the trencher and thus being the short asian at the end without a trencher, finishing the parade without seeing anyone because I was obviously separated from other Media graduates and my mom was waiting at the wrong place, seeing a few people, ceremony, watching couple people get on stage to the darth vader theme in said ceremony, flowers, etc, etc.

Wasn't really interested in the whole affair to begin with, so was quite surprised to see how much work the university put into it and how much some people seemed to enjoy it. I guess I don't know what I've got, but I'll have a couple more opportunities to do this, so. :lol:

Do people still throw trenchers? We didn't get to.

Hey, congrats Tigranes! Hot damn, man!

As for myself, I voted this evening and the wife and I were set to go to the movies when someone backing out of a parking place hit our front bumper. I called it into our insurance just in case the lady comes back later to say we were at fault. All in all, a very minor incident. Only scraped paint on either bumper.

Meanwhile, it was too late and the wife was too frazzled to go to the movies and so we went to a local Korean restaurant. mmm MMMM MMMMM Great food. I go there often. Probably the only Korean food in the area. Several sides of kimchi. I always order the mandoo for starters. I'm hungry just thinking about it.

We'll have to see the new Star Trek flik some other time. :lol:

I'm trying to figure out how long it will take to drive to Dulles Airport in rush-hour traffic tomorrow. 7:45 flight, plus time to get there, park, clear security, etc., probably has us leaving home around 5. Which means leaving work around 4. Which means working until around 6:30 tonight (or getting up rather early tomorrow), if I want to conserve my leave balances as much as possible.

It is currently in the #4 in my top ten list, but maybe it is just me but it is so hard to play evil.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I'm trying to figure out how long it will take to drive to Dulles Airport in rush-hour traffic tomorrow.

i was on the beltway once at 11:30 is bumper to bumper traffic. this was, of course, before they got all the construction done. but still... i can't imagine rush hour. well, yes, i can. i did a trip to dulles during rush hour once, coming down from gaithersburg (left at 6:30 a.m. as i recall). that sucked. i envy you not.

^killian: me too. i can never play games down the "evil" path. i just started an NWN2 game at true neutral and i managed to have a 95 good rating shortly into act 1. i can't side with moire. just can't do it.

taks

Edited by taks

I think teh basic problem with playing as evil is not that you don't get enough benefits, but rather that when you're good people don't conveniently forget.

-Elwood Blues

Hey, Wals, I'm sorry to hear about your mom, bro. That sucks! I missed it the first time but glanced and saw it as I was scrolling down. Bad year. I seriously mean that. For me and mine, that's folks in the hospital, folks dying, the California Legislature. I mean, what's next? The plague?

Hey, Wals, I'm sorry to hear about your mom, bro. That sucks! I missed it the first time but glanced and saw it as I was scrolling down. Bad year. I seriously mean that. For me and mine, that's folks in the hospital, folks dying, the California Legislature. I mean, what's next? The plague?

The plague came and still going on. I am sure you have heard of the Swine Flu, the H1N1 virus, right?

Visited my mom at the nursing home and bought Fable II.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

been trying to learn how to say something in german and practicing saying it in a particular voice for a recording we're gonna be doing

usually i find these kinda things pretty easy but this particular one has been a bit of a challenge

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I learned the difference between a double entendre and a double entente. Fascinating.

further evidence of my hypothesis that we are simply boring. you and lady crimson are like exhibit B and C on my list. i'm exhibit A (though i was not always).

taks

I graduated yesterday

congratulations. i'd say the first one is the best, though i don't think that's necessarily true.

Do people still throw trenchers? We didn't get to.

we were asked not to for my latest (2008), though i did for both high school (1986) and my undergraduate degree (1990). i didn't walk for my MS (1995) since i had moved to florida by the time the ceremony was held.

^walsh: for me the evil path just seems wrong in most games. it doesn't fit what i see as the goal of most games, particularly "the chosen one" settings.

taks

I learned the difference between a double entendre and a double entente. Fascinating.

further evidence of my hypothesis that we are simply boring. you and lady crimson are like exhibit B and C on my list. i'm exhibit A (though i was not always).

taks

I have no objection to that. Shryke's life sounds positively exhausting to me. I'm happy being boring with little complication in my life. My sister is married to her second husband, she had three kids with the first, one with the second, and the second husband has two kids from a previous marriage as well. It makes my head spin!

Semester ended just last week, been relaxing the past few days after a hectic final few weeks of the semester.

Going to look for a part time job tomorrow to keep myself busy (and my wallet from being empty) over the break.

Edited by Syraxis

I'm planning a trip to Washington State and Las Vegas in June/July. My brother and his wife just left for a trip to England and Holland. Absolutely sucks. I end up going to Las Vegas, yeah, like I don't spend months out of every year there already, and my brother heads off for a European vacation. Rat bastard.

I think I might actually go with him the next time he goes to France. He'll have to work, but I can play. :lol:

Today I had two Business Studies exams, prepared by staying up half the night counselling a friend then turning up late to the exams; meaning I couldn't finish the first paper in time. Just needed five more minutes to get a half decent last paragraph dammit :lol:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.