Obsidian's another unannounced title?

funcroc

Director of Business Development and Executive Producer at Square Enix, David Hoffman is following Obsidian's twitter page. I wonder if SE will be the publisher for this title.

Possible explanation for this - Feargus was featured on the "How great is Final Fantasy?" panel at Squeenix's GDC event.

Doesn't negate the possibility that there's a deal going on there, but that might just be it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hum, it's the first time he leads a project? Should be interesting.

Not that we know much...

It'd be interesting knowin' the size of the teams that are working at Obsidian now.

Since from what I understand AP is finished (or has a very very small team working on it now) and FNV has a small size team, and since probably WoT has a small team too, this should be the new big project for Obsidian.

Ofc, it's just speculation.

Nathaniel Chapman seems like a pretty cool dude. I'm pretty sure there are some hilarious quotes from him in the NWN2 irc chat when the SoZ dev team came to chat.

Surely this is something to be respected!

Thanks! Actually probably my favorite part of working on NWN2 and the expansions (either as a designer or a producer) was interacting with the community. Despite the brutal honesty of a lot of the community members, it was a real treat to get to work closely with people who care enough about your game to spend time making stuff for it.

Is there a correlation between your numerous (relatively) posts these last few days and your position as Lead Designer on another project, Nathaniel? Any hints on what it is?

Re: your first question, not really.

To the second question, We're really proud of what we've been working on and we're really excited to show it off. We hope you guys will like it as much as we do.

But we can't and won't say anything about what it is until it's announced.

er, can we not do that? We need him over here...

Sorry, we all ready the paid the assassin and can't reach him :/

Don't worry, it was me. :)

Jokes (or serious business?) aside any hint on how close you're to an announcement?

Other generic question that expects generic answers : do you already have something strong to show off?

Don't worry, it was me. :)

You are the shemale assassin I hired? :)

Hate the living, love the dead.

Jokes (or serious business?) aside any hint on how close you're to an announcement?

If nothing else can you announce when you'll announce when the official announcement will be? :)

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Don't worry, it was me. :wacko:

Other generic question that expects generic answers : do you already have something strong to show off?

I don't want to touch prognostications on dates or anything. Sorry.

I will say that I feel we do already have something strong to show and we're really proud of the polish level we're going for on this.

I don't want to touch prognostications on dates or anything. Sorry.

I will say that I feel we do already have something strong to show and we're really proud of the polish level we're going for on this.

Don't worry, I can understand your reluctance on talking about dates.

Anyway happy to hear that you feel you're developing a strong game.

Does it have anything to do with Feargus hangin' around that recent square party? :lol:

not expecting an answer