What are you playing now?

Gorth

Played through Tomb Raider Underworld and found it quite enjoyable. The camera wasn't as bad as I first thought it was on the demo, although there were a few 'faith' jumps here and there. The underwater sections were great and I especially enjoyed the later levels. I thought the graphics and atmosphere were great and really added to my enjoyment.

Combat is pretty drab, but the weapon you get towards the end of the game make it pretty fun. Overall a good game.

I have ten game icons on my desktop but my gaming languishes.

I never did get any help with Dreamfall, so I still can't play it. While I'm at it, I'll point out that I *did* get Gorth's permission to start that thread. He didn't mention that before he shut it down though.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I never did get any help with Dreamfall, so I still can't play it. While I'm at it, I'll point out that I *did* get Gorth's permission to start that thread. He didn't mention that before he shut it down though.

Right you are. Some things are not meant for longevity. I changed the title of your thread slightly and removed the poll. Maybe somebody out there actually has some good suggestions.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Right you are. Some things are not meant for longevity. I changed the title of your thread slightly and removed the poll. Maybe somebody out there actually has some good suggestions.

I have no problem with you closing the thread. :) I just wanted to say that I did check before I started a thread about cracks.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I have no problem with you closing the thread. :) I just wanted to say that I did check before I started a thread about cracks.

You sure did. I just felt badly because, maybe I did take the "easy" way out by closing it :)

Edit: Still playing The Witcher. Getting close to the end of chapter 3. Finishing all the little lose ends that needs tidying up before moving on. Bought a 300 Orens gold ring for Shani and she wanted a silver ring... go figure.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Tried to replay Fallout 3 but got bored with it quickly. I didn't notice the bad writing in the first playhtrough so badly, but now I can't stand it for some reason. Also funny how a half year ago I though Fallout 3 looks splendid and now it already looks a bit dated....Hmm.

Maybe the koolaid finally wore off? :sorcerer:

I bought TOCA3 off GoG, it's much better and more fun to drive than DiRT and GRID but the menues are extremely buggy.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Played through Tomb Raider Underworld and found it quite enjoyable. The camera wasn't as bad as I first thought it was on the demo, although there were a few 'faith' jumps here and there. The underwater sections were great and I especially enjoyed the later levels. I thought the graphics and atmosphere were great and really added to my enjoyment.

Combat is pretty drab, but the weapon you get towards the end of the game make it pretty fun. Overall a good game.

You should try Tomb Raider: Anniversary if you enjoyed Underworld. It's better in almost every way, except graphics of course. But that's not to say TR:A doesn't look good, quite the opposite really. Anyway, it's more challenging, it has much better puzzles, and the controls and camera are not as problematic as Underworld's. I'd even say that the combat is slightly better. Overall, it's just a better game, can't go wrong with it. :lol:

As for what I'm playing: still Icewind Dale 2 and The Witcher.

Edited by fastpunk

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

I bought TOCA3 off GoG, it's much better and more fun to drive than DiRT and GRID but the menues are extremely buggy.

I SIGH AT YOUR FACE!

And you're wrong, GRID is the first racing game I have ever been able to stomach.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

You should try Tomb Raider: Anniversary if you enjoyed Underworld. It's better in almost every way, except graphics of course.

no, No, NO!, Arghh!!!! :(

It's bad, as in really, really bad. An insult to lovers of the original dos based, GLide driver powered Tombraider everywhwere. It was *that* bad. Pretend it doesn't exist, just like Master of Orion 3.

There has been ups and downs in the franchise, but it is the only Tombraider game that I've started and uninstalled before finishing. And that despiste liking some parts of Legends and loving most parts of Underworld.

There has been ups and downs in the franchise, but it is the only Tombraider game that I've started and uninstalled before finishing. And that despiste liking some parts of Legends and loving most parts of Underworld.

You put Anniversary below The Angel of Darkness, the game typically seen as the lowest point in the series? You crazy bastard.

That's like when people rank Alien 3 or 4 above the first two.

You should become an actor if you can say this with a straight face.

Why? It really wasn't. ;)

It was a sad attempt to cash in with the alt crowd and fell through abysmally by mixing a nonsensical story with some of the worst controls ever in gaming. Yeah, it was that bad.

And shush about Gothic, the controls aren't bad, you just suck.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You put Anniversary below The Angel of Darkness, the game typically seen as the lowest point in the series? You crazy bastard.

That's like when people rank Alien 3 or 4 above the first two.

I specifically said "Tombraider game that I've started". I've never played Angel of Darkness, as I stopped buying the games in disgust after Last Revelation and only picked them up again with Legends :aiee:

After uninstalling Anniversary (shortly before reaching Atlantis), I installed the original and a loader tool that some clever geek came up with, which enables it to run on Windows XP in a decent resolution. Played it and completed it and felt all sad that they didn't try to make something like the original game instead (that would run on post 16 bit PC's) ;)

I've been playing American McGee's Alice. Also, WoW infrequently. I'm dead set in the middle of Act 3 of the Witcher and I plan on returning to it to finish. I'm also one of those poor yutzes that spent a fortune on Shani's ring only to have her tell me to get one on the cheap. I usually hate game romances, but I get a kick out of the over the top sexuality in the Witcher. It has literally made me laugh out loud. I laughed one time and the wife asked why. I made the mistake of telling her and now she hates it when I play the game. She can tell by the music and voice over work. I hate to antagonize her, so I've been laying low on the title. She calls it my smut title.