What are you playing now?

Gorth

I'm currently de-bugging the first custom Killing Floor map produced by the mod team a group of friends and I created, it's actually going well although importing Red Orchestra items -we want to, eventually, have working tanks- is not going well. :p

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

A group of friends and I have decided that methodically clearing a map of zombies in Left 4 Dead is no fun. We've instead instituted the Left 4 Dead Grand Prix. First survivor to make it to the safe room wins. No going back to to rescue survivors, although if someone is caught while they are ahead of you, you are obligated to help them as you run past. Playing on low gravity servers this way is ever more fun. Allows for some great shortcuts and some really stupid invisible walls.

I continue to play BioShock. I played it when it came out and was terrified. Through several grueling weeks, I made it to Arcadia and the place where Ryan bombs the trees.

I started a new game a few days ago and -- totally not scary. I've just entered Fort Frolic and can't wait to bash in Andrew Ryan's head with my wrench.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Inspired by Fionavars and Aristes' recent ventures to Vizima, I decided to play a game of The Witcher again. Just started on solving small side quests in the temple district. Discovered a "Con Man" that I didn't notice in my first play through. Having previously sided with Triss (Triss/Shani) and the Squirrels (Squirrels/Order), I'll do it the other way around this time. I'll try to stay neutral as long as possible and let Geralt give in the bigotry and prejudice against anything with either pointy ears or shorter than 140 centimeter.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just started Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzinoha vs King Abaddon

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Eschalon, this is one of the hardest games I ever played. I quicksave practically ever 5 seconds. I also have a large widescreen monitor so everything shows up in this tiny windows box.

Edited by EUIX

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

I escaped from Butcher's Bay, it was great. I might assault Dark Athena next, but I'm not sure if I want to take a break. I'm also thinking about loading up The Witcher, since everyone else is and I didn't make it too far previously.

Restarted playing Lost Odyssey.

I'm stuck at the Anthrosauros attack. Sleep barely works enough to be useful and defeating 4 high level enemies in 15 minutes is not reasonable. There's a reason Turn-based RPGs don't have timed challenges.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Unreal Tourney 3. Graphics are beautiful, the damage is now local, you can shoot the legs, arms, head etc. Unfortunately most of the options are gone, so is the last man standing mode. You can't have translocators in deathmatch (what,,, why) I also prefer playing with both scores and lives, so you are rewarded for not getting killed, no option for that anymore. I can only describe the phenomenon as consolification, only that doesn't make much sense, without the PC modders the series would cease to have such an amazingly long shelf life.

Don't care about the various objective modes, excepting CTF, they are all a silly distraction from the main business of shooting things. The weapons are a bit disappointing too. For all that though, I'm still having fun.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I'm playing Gun which is a surprisingly good open world western game. Nice and mature story with some RPGish elements. That game flew totally under my radar when it came out.

I enjoyed Gun too. Actually bothered to hunt down all the secrets/collectables. I can't wait for Rockst*rs upcoming western Red Dead Redemption. The more I read about it the cooler it sounds. Good western games are few and far between.

Would anyone recommend Call of Juarez?

Would anyone recommend Call of Juarez?

Yes... Yes I would!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I've heard differing things about Call of Juarez... one of them is that it's bizzare (for example, you actually GIVE a sermon in a church)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I've heard differing things about Call of Juarez... one of them is that it's bizzare (for example, you actually GIVE a sermon in a church)

Not exactly, you just happen to play a crazy gunslinging priest some of the time.

Call of Juarez is worth a play if you like shooters that are a little be out of the ordinary. It's by no means perfect, but I'd say it's fun enough.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I loved Call of Juarez. I loved it so much I played through it all and then I restarted a new game, played up until the eagle egg mission and then let a guy I know who's afraid of heights play it. It was hilarious, he screamed like a little girl.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The shooting in call of juarez wasn't great and what wasn't shooting was even worse stealth. The amount of grass decals all over the place also means it's surprisngly tough to get to run well.

Right now I'm playing Oblivion. Never played it before, and I have a buttload of mods to make it palatable. It's okay.

Bladestorm:hundred years war

I went in expecting Dynasty Warriors but with the hundred years war flavor. Instead I got a VERY different experiance where you run around with a squad rather than a single guy.

Different and more tactical than Dynasty Warriors, but overall it didn't feel.... right to me. Probably because all the attack styles and animations were obviously from a East Asian mindset (they're very agile with broadswords etc) and they seem to think that everyone talked like americans but used the word "Doth" too much.

Bladestorm:hundred years war

I went in expecting Dynasty Warriors but with the hundred years war flavor. Instead I got a VERY different experiance where you run around with a squad rather than a single guy.

Different and more tactical than Dynasty Warriors, but overall it didn't feel.... right to me. Probably because all the attack styles and animations were obviously from a East Asian mindset (they're very agile with broadswords etc) and they seem to think that everyone talked like americans but used the word "Doth" too much.

I didn't really like it either; the "tactical" side of it didn't work (running around and taking command of different squads of fighters, then leading them around the battlefield) and I have to confess I didn't really like some of the other design choices either.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I decided to give Icewind Dale 2 another go. I tried it a while back, after finishing the first one, but I didn't get far. Now I tried my hand at a party of 4, with a drow bard as a leader. It's surprising to see how NPCs react to my bard's race, and how dialog options have changed when compared to the first time I tried the game (first time through I had a paladin as a party leader). Plus, 3rd Edition rules are more flexible than 2nd Edition, so planning and building my party was very pleasing.

Also, there were a lot of small details and nice touches that I had missed the first time around. Like that blind woman living in the Targos Docks, she's one of the many forms of Ravel, from PS:T. These details add a lot of flavor. Also, the game is quite well written so far, and the combat feels slightly better because of the improved interface. Combat encounters also seem to be designed differently. They're more continuous, the first one relied more on shorter bursts of action. I just hope it keeps all this up for the entire length of the game, cause it's very cool so far.

Edited by fastpunk

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

I am currently playing Crysis and really getting into it.

Problem is that I'm playing with WASD and a Mouse - I'm also rubbish at FPS games and have the twitchy hand / eye coordination of a small boulder.

Nonetheless, I'm getting there and enjoying the lovely graphics and sniper rifles and speedboats. I'm also quite smug that my puter can run it very smoothly o:)

Any ideas how to take out those darn tanks though? I'm on the mission where you save the CIA chick in the village surrounded by the minefield.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Problem is that I'm playing with WASD and a Mouse - I'm also rubbish at FPS games and have the twitchy hand / eye coordination of a small boulder.

Nonetheless, I'm getting there and enjoying the lovely graphics and sniper rifles and speedboats. I'm also quite smug that my puter can run it very smoothly o:)

Any ideas how to take out those darn tanks though? I'm on the mission where you save the CIA chick in the village surrounded by the minefield.

Cheers

MC

Stay in the house and use the rocket launcher.

I didn't like Crysis all that much, Farcry 1 was way more open and fun (until the mutants...). It's still a fun FPS with some cool gimmicks, also it's way more awesome if you make your own fun. Try rushing into an encampment and use strength to throw people around and jump on roofs, cloak is tons of fun as well.

Cheers

MC

Use the RL from the roof. of the main building.

Be aware: there used to be a bug with that mission. If the tanks did not blow up properly, the next leg of the mission wouldn't open up. It may have been fixed in a patch, but it happened to me twice. Each time I Was able to get around it by replaying that battle.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

inFamous

It's like Assassins Creed on speed with superpowers....

this is AWESOME!