What are you playing now?

Gorth

I picked up Killing Floor on release day, and while I'm not familiar with the mod it's pretty fun. Some things are done better than L4D and some are done worse (or are absent, like the vs. mode), which to me makes both worth experiencing.

Pros:

-Shooting guns is actually fun, something I found lacking in L4D. You get recoil, muzzle flash, iron sights, and all else you'd expect. More guns, too.

-Slow motion, even if it occurs at a moment that isn't relevant to what you're doing, creates a cool cinematic moment. Love it or hate it, it's a rare feature in multiplayer.

-Death metal

-Good lighting variation

-Class/perk system creates roles

-Ability to barricade helps in forming a defense without always using the same part of the map

-random trader location encourages exploring new areas.

-It's helpful to stay together, but you aren't insta-dead if you get caught alone

-Being hit *hurts*. It doesn't just lower the number on your screen, the camera swings all over the place and stays blurry. It's easy to think you have everything under control until something hits you from behind and you're suddenly disoriented in a dark room.

-I find British voice overs entertaining.

Cons

-No vs. multiplayer

-Individuals can be more self-sufficient than L4D.

-Characters models are pretty generic

-Joining a game is sometimes a little wonky

-Fewer levels

-Probably won't have lots of free DLC

Oblivion's a great game.

I hope you are joking -even though the joke would be a bad one- as Oblivion is anything but a "great game." :sweat:

hey come on it's not that bad

No, it really IS that bad. :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Oblivion's a great game.

I hope you are joking -even though the joke would be a bad one- as Oblivion is anything but a "great game." :sweat:

hey come on it's not that bad

No, it really IS that bad. :ermm:

Only without mods, I hear.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Download the mods. *Poof* Fun and interesting game. Simple.

The best mods for it are those climate, nature and other related mods.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

What are you playing now?

• Die By the Sword
  • StoneKeep
  • Arx Fatalis
  • Redneck Route 66
  • Redneck Rides Again
  • Fallout Tactics

*Next up will be Spellforce and Sacrifice, Jagged Alliance 2 and Gothic2.

Edited by Gizmo

You know, I've never played Tactics. I should try it sometime. Still plugging along in Witcher. Very good game. I've been having a lot of fun. I have some complaints, but mostly I think they hit the nail on the head. Combat is not particularly difficult, but it's still fun. Respawns, the bane of CRPG existence, are a pain in my everloving backside. There are some continuity glitches in dialogue, but we've come to expect that as gamers, haven't we?

I loaded up Oblivion, since I just finished Arcanum and won the World Series in MLB 09. It's a nice little game, but every NPC makes me want to punch them in the face. I haven't played it since Fallout 3, and I have to say, Bethesda made a huge amount of progress on their NPC's. It is just a completely different level of quality.

BioShock. Far more fun than I remember.

And it's not the "same" game anymore. So, Oblivion still sucks.

The developers created a game and tailored the gameplay to a certain audience. They also included the ability for modders to change the gameplay in a variety of ways. For me, the two most important mods were the ability to pick which skill I leveled up, and a change to the scaling systems. With those two aspects altered, I found Oblivion to be an enjoyable, thought somewhat shallow RPG.

Download the mods. *Poof* Fun and interesting game. Simple.

The best mods for it are those climate, nature and other related mods.

I haven

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

It's a nice little game, but every NPC makes me want to punch them in the face.

The great thing about Oblivion, is that you can. There's freedom to do whatever you want.

I often wish this were possible in ME too, when I was wandering around the Citadel.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

System Shock 2 again.

I think SS2 is the game that started the "Wrench" fetish. I certainly don't remember any other game before it that had it as melee weapon...

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

System Shock 2 again.

I think SS2 is the game that started the "Wrench" fetish. I certainly don't remember any other game before it that had it as melee weapon...

I might try that one...I have two retail CDs of that game and never played it past the Ops selection.

I loaded up Oblivion, since I just finished Arcanum and won the World Series in MLB 09. It's a nice little game, but every NPC makes me want to punch them in the face. I haven't played it since Fallout 3, and I have to say, Bethesda made a huge amount of progress on their NPC's. It is just a completely different level of quality.

Kinda gave up on Oblivion for a while myself, but not before I'd managed to get most of the NPCs surrounding... blast, what's that town called?... anyway, I kept finding enemies that were too hard for my character to beat, so I'd run back to town, and the monsters would follow me, and the local NPCs would engage, and by now, most of the town is probably dead. Am sure I've buggered up more than a few side quests in that one, but... ah well. Are always other towns, right?

Might have to go back to that one and see if I can't make some more progress.

It's a nice little game, but every NPC makes me want to punch them in the face.

The great thing about Oblivion, is that you can. There's freedom to do whatever you want.

That's also a weakness because you can do everything you want with, essentially, no consequences for your actions.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Devil May Cry 4. Never would have guessed, huh?

Same here, best action game on 360 after NG2.

Damn the style-comboing is harder than in DMC 3. I just can't keep up with the enemies. Have to stick to Trickster.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

DMC4 is awesomer on PC.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

That may be, but, having played both, I really can't decide either way. It's a great port from 360 anyway though.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The new Medieval Total War mod Third Age.. A total conversation into a Lord of The Rings RTS.

It's really cool, they've added unqiue landmarks and all that jazz.. I highly recommend it to MTW players!

Fortune favors the bald.

Damn the style-comboing is harder than in DMC 3. I just can't keep up with the enemies. Have to stick to Trickster.

Rebellion+Sword Master brings your style up to A with one full combo, to S with devil trigger.

That may be, but, having played both, I really can't decide either way. It's a great port from 360 anyway though.

It's the same game with more features, better graphics and better performance. What's there to decide?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: