What you did today

Gorth

Wellington's awesome. I figure I will either spend my final years down here, or somewhere in regional France. But it's undeniable that in many ways it's a small city with a small town mentality, and you need a balance of experience.

Also, I'll never get married if I stay here because of your love monopoly.

I think I'm going to choose a different parking space from now on. I used to park in a plaza across the street but after a semester and a half I finally got a little flyer thing that warns of being towed away so I just followed what everyone else does and park throughout the streets nearby.

My college parking pass used to be more expensive than just getting a couple parking tickets every semester.

Also, I'll never get married if I stay here because of your love monopoly.

tell you what - you can have the horrible drunken courtney place girls :(

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I wonder what would happen if Tigraines and Shyrke met.....I would assume their meeting would cause a massive surge in the cosmic energies leading to a profound change in the electromagnetic spectrum which in turn allows me to get laid....or perhaps I should just stick to Walsausages.

Through Walsausages, even the impossibly improbable becomes slightly attainable.

Sounds like a great slogan for Wals's friend's new company.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Through Walsausages, even the impossibly improbable becomes slightly attainable.

Sounds like a great slogan for Wals's friend's new company.

Nonsense! The people don't want slightly attainable. They want mildly unreachable.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

tell you what - you can have the horrible drunken courtney place girls kiss.gif

I can probably get them to work on a mine or something.

I suppose today and yesterday have been my experiments in what it's like to be a big-law associate-- get up, go to the office, work a 12 hour day, come home, drink scotch, and sleep.

The scotch part is nice. (I overpoured a bit this evening, not realizing that the bottle I picked was a "cask strength" selection with a 57% alc content rather than the more typical 40%.) I normally take it neat, which is why I have 4 partially empty bottles of the stuff-- you appreciate the flavor more, but it's too potent to drink straight in any quantity. Lately, though I've been going over the rocks, which leads to drinking more.

(By the way, the deadline-overworking is a result of my own procrastination more than it is a result of my job giving me too much work to do. I'm just paying for all the time last week I spend leisurely flipping through treatises in the library when I should've been getting started on the drafting.)

What? Walsausages - the slightly attainable cure for a broken heart?

It has originality, if nothing else. And of course, they have to be very cheap sausages in quality, so big profits for us. Sluggo can be chief accountant.

Enoch: on no accuont are you to drink malt whisky over ice. You insane bastard. Once you get that sorted you can use some of your insanely massive salary to hire all of us forum goons as your winged monkeys.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Is there a way to make the eaves of your house unattractive to yellow jackets and paper wasps? I've tried the little plastic container thingies with yellow jacket attractants, and it kinda worked, but paper wasps don't care about those.

They show up in the Spring and hover over the lawn and around the eaves in front of the sliding glass door and build little nests. You can spray the nests later and then they're gone, but until then it's a worry that one will fly into the house whenever you open the door. Never had to deal with them before like this. Urgh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Never had a problem with them before. For some reason this one wasp always tries to build a nest inside our barbecue every spring. He leaves real quick when it starts to warm up. I've never seen more than the one wasp though. He likes chewing on the wooden lattice that rings our small deck and he's damn noisy about it too.

Is there a way to make the eaves of your house unattractive to yellow jackets and paper wasps? I've tried the little plastic container thingies with yellow jacket attractants, and it kinda worked, but paper wasps don't care about those.

They show up in the Spring and hover over the lawn and around the eaves in front of the sliding glass door and build little nests. You can spray the nests later and then they're gone, but until then it's a worry that one will fly into the house whenever you open the door. Never had to deal with them before like this. Urgh.

I went to a boy scout camp where we spent most of dinner killing wasp after wasp after wasp... and this was AFTER they'd smoke bombed every nest they could find.

One of the older boys would eat everything except for a slab of ham... then just sit there and kill any wasp that landed on the meat to eat.... then when we were told to clear our plates he'd get up and put the 60 or 70 carcasses into the dishwater with his plate (much to the chagrin of the dishwashing troop)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

went out for big birthday dinner for a friend last night and chowed down on heaps of epically awesome lebanese food

was supposed to go to a party afterwards but i was too full of yummy food and waddled home to go to sleep

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Went bowling for my dad's birthday. Lots of fun and pretty good exercise.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Trying to decide if I should buy the Ubisoft deal off Steam, considering I really only want Beyond Good and Evil -I already have Dark Messiah-, or if I should buy it off Good Old Games and get a DRM-free version. Or I might just wait and get it later... :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Trying to decide if I should buy the Ubisoft deal off Steam, considering I really only want Beyond Good and Evil -I already have Dark Messiah-, or if I should buy it off Good Old Games and get a DRM-free version. Or I might just wait and get it later... :)

Heh, I just got BG&E from GOG.com yesterday. If it's any help, it works flawlessly. And it comes with a free soundtrack and a bit of nice artwork, if you're interested in extras.

Anyway, what I did today... it's only 1:00 PM over here, which is usually the hour I get out of bed on Sundays. :lol: But they aired the first Formula 1 race at 9:00 AM, since it took place in Australia, so I got up earlier. The race was pretty entertaining, specially watching Lewis Hamilton fight his way through the pack. He came in 4th, after starting 18th. Also, Jesus Christ, the new F1 cars are butt ugly! They look like they did in 1997.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

I bought Far Cry 2 on teh special offer. A couple of thoughts:

- It's all very PC, but why are there so many white mercenaries. You would almost think there weren't any black people in Africa.

- Why does everyone shoot on sight? It's too hot to take that attitude in Africa during the day. Why can't you establish a reputation as a professional, and they'll look the other way in exchange for beer and help? Maybe a mission per checkpoint?

- Guns break very fast. I'm just glad I don't own a real one. It would go exploding every 200 rounds.

- Two things about Africa: colours, and smells. i know they can't encode the smell of an open sewer, or hot grass, or the rich red eath after a storm, but they could get the colours right. Everything looks washed out.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Did some sitting around... then went to friends and was able to dominate some computers on CIV IV, then came back and looked at the March Maddness that Escapist magazine is putting on. It looks like Relic has been beating the odds left and right knocking out Insomniac, Infinity Ward and Activision/Blizzard in the first three rounds (relic was seeded 12th to start out... Activision/Blizz was seeded first and actually went into overtime to figure out the victor) Their current opponent (or rather the one they will face in the next round) is harmonix.

Talk about an underdog.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Today I did a whole lot of nothing. Much like yesterday. I got my grade back for my accounting exam. Another crappy grade (78) even though I thought I did really good. Also had my finance exam which sucked really hardcore becuase it was really tough and I know I got a bunch of stuff wrong. To make it worse I was looking through my pile of school stuff on my desktop to see what I had to do and double clicked something I didn't recognize. Oh hey its a practice exam with pretty much the exact same questions on the test with solutions and how to get those answers. Amazing.

I'm angry. Luckily I believe he allows you to go back to questions you missed and rework them for extra credit.

I also got my haircut which is an activity I really enjoy to be honest. I love the feel of hair being cut and my head being man handled by a woman. Plus I always wait so long that I end up looking like a new and much improved person.

Tomorrow I go to work and the cycle beings a new. However, next week is spring break at my university so I get 3 whole consecutive days during the week off. It's going to be amazing. Except for the fact that I'll be starting and finishing a huge accounting project, doing regular weekly assignments for my other two classes, and doing a research project for my management class as well as a project for my other accounting class. Awesome-o.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Today was a wonderful day! I went to work which is always a blast. Then I got home and as I was exiting my vehicle the door handle broke off. And I don't mean broke off like last time when I was able to jury rig it by removing the broken plastic and what not, nope entire thing clear off with just a hook of steel left. Luckily I figured out I could just use my key ring to leverage it open. HI-larious. Thanks God. And then to top things off, I walk in the door and what do I find? Well, it's ravioli monday which means various cans of tomatoes and premade sauce strewn together served over store bought raviolis, not to mention I get to hear how it's been homemade and made from scratch. My favorite. Yum. I never get tired of this stuff even if we've had it 5 consecutive monday's in a row and each time the majority of it sits in the refrigerator until I throw it away mid way through the week.

There's about 5 hours left in the day for me before I head to sleepy time. I can only imagine what other miracles can happen today. Maybe my computer will catch fire and explode causing shards of aluminum to fly into my junk. I cannot think of any other way to end the night. It just wouldn't be right to stop the good times coming. Maybe that's asking for too much though, perhaps a stroke or hard drive failure would be more probable. I mean those aren't too much to ask for right, God?

Good talk.

@Gorgon: How dare you sir. The Japanese should be respected by all. Where would the world get our wonderfully drawn delicious cake from? I ask you that, friend, where?!?! It's not just that either. They have plenty of other things too that don't involve young girls and pantsu, like samurais or ninjas or something. I mean not as cool as the former but they are legitimate I suppose.

Today was a wonderful day! I went to work which is always a blast. Then I got home and as I was exiting my vehicle the door handle broke off. And I don't mean broke off like last time when I was able to jury rig it by removing the broken plastic and what not, nope entire thing clear off with just a hook of steel left. Luckily I figured out I could just use my key ring to leverage it open. HI-larious. Thanks God. And then to top things off, I walk in the door and what do I find? Well, it's ravioli monday which means various cans of tomatoes and premade sauce strewn together served over store bought raviolis, not to mention I get to hear how it's been homemade and made from scratch. My favorite. Yum. I never get tired of this stuff even if we've had it 5 consecutive monday's in a row and each time the majority of it sits in the refrigerator until I throw it away mid way through the week.

There's about 5 hours left in the day for me before I head to sleepy time. I can only imagine what other miracles can happen today. Maybe my computer will catch fire and explode causing shards of aluminum to fly into my junk. I cannot think of any other way to end the night. It just wouldn't be right to stop the good times coming. Maybe that's asking for too much though, perhaps a stroke or hard drive failure would be more probable. I mean those aren't too much to ask for right, God?

Good talk.

I heard a story once about a man who was driving along a cliffside highway. His car blew out a tire and his car went sprawling over the cliff. He said a quick prayer for help then he narrowly jumped free just as it went over. He walked over to the edge to look at the flaming wreckage of his car, far below when the cliff crumbles and he nearly falls. He says another quick prayer, begging God for help, then he jumps back just making it to solid ground. As he is looking at where the cliff broke a huge gust of wind blows up and pushes him over again. This time he manages to grab a small tree branch as he goes over but he feels it breaking with his weight. The man prayed out loud again "God please help me". God finally answered him ans said "You know, I don't know what it is exactly, but... I just don't like you boy."

Sounds like the day YOU are having Slug.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I finally broke down and ordered Fallout 3. It just got here today. Installing it now. Hopefully this will rekindle my dying interest in gaming.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It could, or it could poison your heart... FOREVER.

All the games I'm waiting for will take at least 6 months from now. :)