Fallout 3

Gorth

Yeah, there is a slower levelling mod. I used it after level 8 and it's reduces the rate by a lot.

Thanks, Spider. That's awesome. I am going to try and track it down.

*Exerts google powers*

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

If anyone is interested here is a link to a slower leveling mod for FO3.

http://files.filefront.com/Slow+Level+Mod/...;/fileinfo.html

I don't know if it is exactly the one SPider is using, but it seems pretty good. COmes with 4 variations. I'm using the max XP reducer version. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm curious what level difficulty people play on? I've been playing on normal and it seems all right. SOme places are easier than others and some places are tougher. I go through a lot of stimpacks. But I hear a lot of people saying that FO3 is too easy and should be played on max difficulty. HAs anybody done this? What did you think?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

quite a few people complaining that the game was too easy.

I might be the only one that finds this funny. My nephew played (breezed) through Fallout 3 without asking any questions on how to get by a certain area or encounter. I stuck him on the PC to play Fallout 2. Two hours and 20 questions later he is still stuck in "The Temple of Trials" :lol:

Carry on

quite a few people complaining that the game was too easy.

I might be the only one that finds this funny. My nephew played (breezed) through Fallout 3 without asking any questions on how to get by a certain area or encounter. I stuck him on the PC to play Fallout 2. Two hours and 20 questions later he is still stuck in "The Temple of Trials" :lol:

Carry on

As someone who didn't play Fallout or Fallout 2 until a couple of years after FO2's release (around 2001, I believe) I can say that there are a lot of things in the game that aren't obvious.

I needed help to get out of the Temple of Trials first time through just simply because the graphics were visually muddy and I often couldn't tell where I was supposed to go or what thing I was supposed to click on to move forward.

EDIT: Then again it could just be me - I do remember spending about 5 frustrated minutes trying to figure out how to move the edges of the screen in Baldur's Gate...

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I think people are complaining specifically that the combat is too easy. Not the overall gameplay. Just my interpretation though.

dp

Edited by CrashGirl

Eh combat wasn't hard but when combat in games get too hard (or even too fidley) I start loosing interest.

I still got killed a number of times (typically due to my own stupidity or rocket launchers).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The above mod I linked doesn't work very well. It seems to reduce combat experience by about 10% but that is it.

Not enough to really make a difference. Will try looking for another one.

edit: After looking at the mod again, it appears to spread the levels further apart rather than reduce experience.

Normal FO3 requires 550 to get to level 3.

Using this mod under Very SLow require 750.

SO it does appear to be working, just somewhaty differently that I thought it was.

Edited by CrashGirl

Eh combat wasn't hard but when combat in games get too hard (or even too fidley) I start loosing interest.

Too easy has the same effect no? My character in FO 3 had like a 12% in Small Guns and I was wasting everything with critical head shots :lol:

Interesting. My experience is pretty opposite. I find guns pretty weak compared to melee.

One of my chars in a shooter and one is a melee-er, and the melee-er is much much tougher in combat. Even with a 80 small guns skill at around level 6, my shooter did not seem particularly devestating. My melee-er, otoh, smashes heads brutally with a much lower skill level.

Too easy has the same effect no? My character in FO 3 had like a 12% in Small Guns and I was wasting everything with critical head shots :lol:

Easy can effect my interest, but not as much as frustration.

Easy can effect my interest, but not as much as frustration.

Likw the fireball spell in WIz 8? :lol:

It's also a very, very poorly run site. I would never recommend it if I had a choice, but it's basically a monopoly when it comes to Fallout 3 mods. So, if you use it, I say instead: Do not ever, ever comment, rate, or otherwise post any opinion about a mods - be a good or bad. Nor should you use the forum. >_<

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I use the Ripper for dismemberment, but its condition goes down very fast and the body doesn't hold still. You can also use the combat shotgun, though it tends to pulp the head. If you want to cut off the head (say, for placing in the bed of their child), grab the body by the head with the drag button and then use a knife on it.

C00l.

I prefer just to maching gun them to pieces with an assault gun.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I like tossing a mine in their path.

Mines are awesome.

Also stopping the game in the middle of combat to open the pipboy and heal yourself, repair your weapons or switch between them, have a look at the map, read some books and have tea and biscuits... it's pretty silly.

They should have made weapon slots you could scroll through with with the mouse like in practically every shooter.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.