Yahtzee reviews

Darque

Thought CMI was just as good as the first two.

But wouldn't it be better if instead all this talent was spent on something as unique as Zak McKracken, Loom, The Dig or Grim Fandango?

20795.jpg

Maybe, although The Dig was pretty much all there should be, same with Grim Fandango (although that wasn't even done by the time CMI came out). Not much room left for sequels.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Potatoes and protestants were the only words that I understood of that irish accent of his :down:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Err.. But it is true? As Thomas you stand back and headshot the tangos with rifle while Ray charges and kills the rest. Or in more cramped areas you try to headshot while ray cleans the place :). Besides Bow&Arrows, and Knifes are only useful on (some) solo parts.

Ps. Ray also sucks becouse it takes ages to reload those Prime Rangers while Thomas does not need reloading >_<

Pps. Thomas does need to rest after stubbing his toe every other step but anyway i like rifles ;)

Ppps. Thomas has the cooler weapon trick

Pppps. Thomas also

gets the girl

With Ray, you can do anything Thomas does but your badass factor is multiplied by a thousand. And you dont sound like Hannah Montanas dad (Billy Ray Cyrus)

Ray has a rifle too, and you can use a gun like the quickshooter with faster reload (dual vulcan pistols are the shiznits)

As I pointed out, Ray uses rifles too and he is just as accurate.

True, but real men dont rely on tricks

Yeah, but he

dies horribly in the first game

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I liked Ray more and the best weapon combo was a prime shotgun or prime scoped rifle and dual prime rangers. Managing the reloading tactically was half the fun.

Just throwing it out there but the guns were totally incorrect for the dates given.

Did anyone else think they tried to make Thomas look like Christian Bale?

On Monkey Island:

For some reason the British love the first two but really hate CMI. I guess it kind of makes sense.

I do not care a silch about the new Wolfenstein, but i can listen to his limerick again and again.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Ha ha! Awesome review! :ermm:

Though I actually disagree with the review... the game was a blast. I guess I have my head up my ass. :)

I c what u did thar.

I also finally figured out why I liked Wolfenstein. It's because the game did everything that it wanted to do and did it well. It didn't try too much and fail, Raven played to their strengths and succeeded.

Ha ha! Awesome review! :lol:

Though I actually disagree with the review... the game was a blast. I guess I have my head up my ass. :p

I c what u did thar.

I also finally figured out why I liked Wolfenstein. It's because the game did everything that it wanted to do and did it well. It didn't try too much and fail, Raven played to their strengths and succeeded.

Im currently playing through it and while i'm enjoying it I have a few complaints:

1. The visual effect of the Veil mode is way too green. It should have been toned down A LOT. I have no idea how most of the maps look like since everything is the same shade of green with the Veil on.

2. A lot of the game feels like a rehash of Jedi Knight. For real, your Veil powers, the mine map and a lot of other subtle similarities makes the game feel like an unmade sequel to Jedi Knight, only with a different license and without what arguably made JK such a blast, lightsaber combat.

Overall the game is pretty fun. I love that occult nazi **** setting and the game while way too easy is strangely satisfying.

Im currently playing through it and while i'm enjoying it I have a few complaints:

1. The visual effect of the Veil mode is way too green. It should have been toned down A LOT. I have no idea how most of the maps look like since everything is the same shade of green with the Veil on.

2. A lot of the game feels like a rehash of Jedi Knight. For real, your Veil powers, the mine map and a lot of other subtle similarities makes the game feel like an unmade sequel to Jedi Knight, only with a different license and without what arguably made JK such a blast, lightsaber combat.

Overall the game is pretty fun. I love that occult nazi **** setting and the game while way too easy is strangely satisfying.

The veil stuff as a whole felt a bit underdeveloped. I would have liked something more scary than little fat floating bugs to come after you...

Not really seeing the JK angle. Keep playing, it manages to mix stuff up quite a bit.

The veil stuff as a whole felt a bit underdeveloped. I would have liked something more scary than little fat floating bugs to come after you...

Not really seeing the JK angle. Keep playing, it manages to mix stuff up quite a bit.

I don't know, maybe its just me. I just feel like Raven recycled some design from JK, like the level design of the mine map and some other stuff as well. I guess it just makes me wish for the game to have kickass melee combat and that it was designed around force (Veil) powers like the latter levels of JK.