Yahtzee reviews

Darque

Yeah, the off color jokes are over the top and offensive. ....But that's what I think about every Zero Punctuation review. The menstrual humor didn't make me laugh, but a lot of the other stuff did. I especially thought the observation about wasting your time playing a game that forces you to use the restroom, sleep, converse, and go to work was timely. You know somethings wrong when you're jiggling your leg while sitting at your computer because you need to use the restroom but you want to make sure your sim finishes urinating first.

You know somethings wrong when you're jiggling your leg while sitting at your computer because you need to use the restroom but you want to make sure your sim finishes urinating first.

Been here too many times :o

Damn game being so oddly addictive.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I did find the misogyny a little off-putting. Particularly coming from a critic who has spent a not-insignificant amount of time mining humor out of the misogyny rampant in many of the games he reviews.

Edited by Enoch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I did find the misogyny a little off-putting. Particularly coming from a critic who has spent a not-insignificant amount of time mining humor out of the misogyny rampant in many of the games he reviews.

I think it was more a satire of himself real or fictional is another question.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Having played with Guerlla I've gotta say he kinda hit the nail on the head with the building physics. you can run around and knock out almost all the supports except for a pair of toothpicks and the building still won't come down. Or it'll be supported by one I beam in one corner of the building.

This can lead to some SERIOUS frustration on the demolition missions where you have to blow up a building with this many items and that much time.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Curse you, it was cleverly hidden this time!

If by cleverly hidden you mean placed in a big blue highlighted spot, then we agree. :*

I look at the little icons and not the big flashy banner-like ads on the side!

In all seriousness it was pretty funny, but nothing can beat his Sims 3 rant.

you better remove those links before gorth gets here, linking to profanity is forbidden

:sorcerer:

My supervisor at work likes Yahtzee too, actually...

I'm suprised. Honestly, it boggles my mind. Normally I would think of Zero Punctuation as the sort of crap that really turns off a stuffed shirt like me, but I've discovered I'm a real fan of his reviews. I mean, like I check here every time I come to the forum and I'm even thinking of bookmarking his webpage. *gasp*