Yahtzee reviews

Darque

I'm suprised. Honestly, it boggles my mind. Normally I would think of Zero Punctuation as the sort of crap that really turns off a stuffed shirt like me, but I've discovered I'm a real fan of his reviews. I mean, like I check here every time I come to the forum and I'm even thinking of bookmarking his webpage. *gasp*

His trick is that he mixes the crazy comedy with real criticisms that are spot on. Even if the game is mostly good he manages to bring out the bad things in a hilarious way.

You could think of him as a monkey who makes beautiful art by throwing poo.

I'm suprised. Honestly, it boggles my mind. Normally I would think of Zero Punctuation as the sort of crap that really turns off a stuffed shirt like me, but I've discovered I'm a real fan of his reviews. I mean, like I check here every time I come to the forum and I'm even thinking of bookmarking his webpage. *gasp*

I feel the same way about the Angry Video Game Nerd.

I have to thank Yatzee for saving me a lot of money the last 1,5 years.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Nice reviews, but not for RPG's, they arent his genre obviously.

Nope. FOr the most part he doesn't like them. He's pretty straightforward about that.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

He did put up Torment and Deus Ex as examples of good games in an episode long ago.

Remeber his Witcher review. One of his all time classics.

edit: That review all his classic Painkiller intro voice over at the end. lol I had forgotten about that.

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

You know, I was chuckling at his review of Silent Hill 2 when he got into explaining why it was such a great game. I wish I had played it, but unless it comes out on the PC, I doubt I ever will. :( still a funny review.

What the hell? It's been out on the PC since 2002.

Edited by Purkake

He did put up Torment and Deus Ex as examples of good games in an episode long ago.

Remeber his Witcher review. One of his all time classics.

Its a funny review, but he has no clue what he's playing. :)

He uses criteria for third person action games, to rate an RPG :lol:

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Yahtzee ruined my first playthrough of Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood by wrongly stating that Thomas is the only brother to be. Which is completely retarded, Ray McCall has all the cool sh*t like dual-wielding all pistols, shotgun&rifle, dynamite grenades and so on.. if you play as Thomas all you get are throwing knives... which are almost completely useless and boring as hell to play with.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Err.. But it is true? As Thomas you stand back and headshot the tangos with rifle while Ray charges and kills the rest. Or in more cramped areas you try to headshot while ray cleans the place :(. Besides Bow&Arrows, and Knifes are only useful on (some) solo parts.

Ps. Ray also sucks becouse it takes ages to reload those Prime Rangers while Thomas does not need reloading :p

Pps. Thomas does need to rest after stubbing his toe every other step but anyway i like rifles :p

Ppps. Thomas has the cooler weapon trick

Pppps. Thomas also

gets the girl

Edited by cronicler

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

Thought CMI was just as good as the first two. Was a pretty...dull video, I guess the Irish accent was supposed to be funny ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra