NWN2: Storm of Zehir is out!

SteveThaiBinh

It's funny that they don't advertise the coop, because coop in this game is great.

Strange really. Maybe the marketing department at Atari weren't even aware of it?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

NWN2: Storm of Zehir is NOT out!...

Well, not down here. 11th of December said the guy at EB Games when I went to check today :p

Maybe they are shipping it on a raft, drifting on the Pacific currents >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

NWN2: Storm of Zehir is NOT out!...

Well, not down here. 11th of December said the guy at EB Games when I went to check today :(

Maybe they are shipping it on a raft, drifting on the Pacific currents :lol:

Oh for the ............... :down::)

Time to go get Left 4 Dead instead.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I tried to play it on my humble laptop (which had just about managed NWN2), but the rain in the opening scene defeated it. I guess I can wait until next week when I get my computer back. Creating a party was fun, though, and now I'm having lots of ideas for what I'll do. Just a quick question (please answer in spoiler tags) - does the game really respond to the choice of gods for your party - I mean, do your party members get speech options and other effects based on their choice of deity?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I tried to play it on my humble laptop (which had just about managed NWN2), but the rain in the opening scene defeated it. I guess I can wait until next week when I get my computer back. Creating a party was fun, though, and now I'm having lots of ideas for what I'll do. Just a quick question (please answer in spoiler tags) - does the game really respond to the choice of gods for your party - I mean, do your party members get speech options and other effects based on their choice of deity?

I haven't seen any yet, and it would really really surprise me if they did. With the ridiculous number of FR deities, it just doesn't make much sense to include custom content that such a small % of players are going to see. Maybe something for Kelemvor, since the Doomguide is the new PrC.

Edited by Enoch

I tried to play it on my humble laptop (which had just about managed NWN2

Out of curiosity, what are your laptop's specs? I'm also without a proper gaming PC at the moment, and avoided NWN2 because my laptop would probably cry itself to sleep if I tried it.

The problem with a high power setting like FR is that you're not sure who's a god. I mean, do you pray to this guy on mount Olympus? the kind? the innkeeper? that over sized rat who's actually a level 28392 assassin trained to garrotte you with his tail and pick locks with his left whisker?

I don't think spoiler tags are necessary for that question, Steve. It's not really so much a game hint as it is a feature they should push if they managed to include that much dialogue. Hell, if they wrote that much deity specific dialogue, they undoubtedly want folks to know!

I tried to play it on my humble laptop (which had just about managed NWN2

Out of curiosity, what are your laptop's specs? I'm also without a proper gaming PC at the moment, and avoided NWN2 because my laptop would probably cry itself to sleep if I tried it.

Intel T5750 Core 2 Duo Mobile (2.00 GHz)

2GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce 9300M GS 256MB Graphics

It wasn't bad until the rain came on - I suppose there might be a way to turn weather off, but I'd rather just wait.

I read somewhere (either during installation or the opening sequence) that deities, alignment, skills - everything in fact - had an impact. It sounded unlikely given the sheer number of different gods they'd need to cover. So basically, not much impact then.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Thanks. Mine is pretty much like yours, except it's a Core Duo at 1,83 GHz and a Mobile Intel 945 Chipset graphics card. The card seems to be the real offender on my side, though; sometimes the first NWN chugs, and that's with stuff like Grass disabled.

Bought yesterday. I also picked up a copy of NWN2 fora friend who *shock* didn't have it. Early christmas present.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yes, I had some extra dialogs with my fighter who worshipped Torm, some Kelemvor stuff from my cleric before she became a doomguide, and my moon elf jumped all over another character because of that character's choice of deity. It's really interesting what all you can find.

It's funny that they don't advertise the coop, because coop in this game is great.

Lies. Co-op is anus in NWN2. We tried to play it but half of us got separated and lost from the rest of the party, and the guys who werent lost got bored and went home.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Lies. Co-op is anus in NWN2. We tried to play it but half of us got separated and lost from the rest of the party, and the guys who werent lost got bored and went home.

Get seperated in SoZ.

Wut?

Is it the right game?

nwbajs.jpg

ZOMG NWN2 HASS GEWD GRAFICKS LOL!!!!1010101

...really, that is an appalingly bad piece of craftsmanship.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

i quite like SoZ, but i am also rather disappointed with many of the bugs and some of the design decisions.

there seems to be a variety of problems associated with the inclusion of tony k's AI. i was using it before with MotB and the OC, and never had the problems i'm having now. i'm glad i'm not using a dual-wield character.

taks

comrade taks... just because.