Which Fallout was the greatest?

Bokishi

poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which Fallout was the greatest?

• Fallout 1
    • Fallout 2
    • Fallout 3

Nope. I'm having a blast with NHL 09, and getting pumped for SOZ. I'm not losing anything. I play games to have fun, and I'm currently playing games and having fun. I WIN.

Anyways, back on topic: FO2 is the best FO game.

Yes Volo, that's it suckle on the breast of EA, drink down the toxic juice of perhaps one of the most obscene, disgusting, arrogant companies on the planet... YEEEEAAAHHH, Suckle on satans tities, man, SUCKLE!

Ignorant germ of a man, I think part of the WHOLE reason you're even responding to folk about WHY you're not even going to check out FO3 is based purely on the fact that you love the attention.

Your opinion isn't even valid...

P.S.

Suckle!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

It's funny that the only ones saying negative stuff about Fallout 3 are the folks that haven't even played it.

It's pretty much an overwhelming success for anyone who has played it on these forums. Even folks who expected to dislike it have come out fairly positive. I think I've only heard one person who wasn't impressed, and they were more 'meh' than actual dislike.

It's a very good game, an excellent sequel to the Fallout series. All three games have a lot of positives. I don't see why we need to tear one down to celebrate the others, we are lucky that all three titles are excellent games.

comparing Fallout with Fallout3 is like comparing Pong with Virtua Tennis 3

that being said, Pong is still a good game

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

It's funny that the only ones saying negative stuff about Fallout 3 are the folks that haven't even played it.

It's pretty much an overwhelming success for anyone who has played it on these forums. Even folks who expected to dislike it have come out fairly positive. I think I've only heard one person who wasn't impressed, and they were more 'meh' than actual dislike.

It's a very good game, an excellent sequel to the Fallout series. All three games have a lot of positives. I don't see why we need to tear one down to celebrate the others, we are lucky that all three titles are excellent games.

Thing is, the game is an excellent improvement upon Bethesdas Elder Scrolls series, not on the Fallouts. As a stand-alone game I'm liking it more than I thought I would but as a Fallout sequel I think it's pretty bad, with many older plot elements/factions forced into this game to try and tie them together (which was pretty much what I expected before the game came out as well).

I would never blindly recommend it to someone wanting a similar experience to Fallout 1 or 2, which I think is a shame considering it's a sequel. But I would heartily recommend it to someone wanting a good Post-Apocalyptic Elder Scrolls-ish experience.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Thing is, the game is an excellent improvement upon Bethesdas Elder Scrolls series, not on the Fallouts. As a stand-alone game I'm liking it more than I thought I would but as a Fallout sequel I think it's pretty bad, with many older plot elements/factions forced into this game to try and tie them together (which was pretty much what I expected before the game came out as well).

I would never blindly recommend it to someone wanting a similar experience to Fallout 1 or 2, which I think is a shame considering it's a sequel. But I would heartily recommend it to someone wanting a good Post-Apocalyptic Elder Scrolls-ish experience.

Cheers, that's basically the information I was looking for.

Actually, I disagree with Starwars. Its has more roleplaying options than I ever remembered in the previous games with plenty of choice about how to complete the quests. It obviously has references to previous games and factions but it is no worse than what Fallout 2 did with those references and factions.

The only big thing I can see to complain about is the transition from top down turn-based combat to real time fps mode and I personally don't mind the transition at all, but it is a matter of taste.

It does NOT feel like the elder scrolls with guns. It feels more like the classic Fallouts, Bioware or Black Isle game combined with the full explorable landscape of an elder scrolls game.

"Cheers, that's basically the information I was looking for."

Or the only information you would accept? :lol:

The irony is I was prepared to have a similar opinion as Volourn but I actually gave the game a chance. When Fallout 3 was announced, I couldn't think of WORSE developer than Bethesda to develop it. Now I can't imagine any other developer doing a better job.

Or the only information you would accept? :lol:

I've heard others describe it as you have, but overall I'd say Starwars's assessment is the most prevalent one (of people who have actually played the game).

It pushes it to the bottom of my "games to buy list", which is meaningful when there are plenty of super important games on that list already, such as STALKER and MotB. If I have an inbuilt disposition towards not spending money on games I'm not sure I'll appreciate, sue me. :lol:

"Well, if the name is the real reason you don't like Fallout 3 that's a different matter. Don't get too hung up on it. Just think of Fallout 3 as Fallout Action, or something and you can enjoy it too. "

Huh?

The real reason I'm not touching FO3 has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the name Bethesda. I simply don't trust them.

"Yes Volo, that's it suckle on the breast of EA, drink down the toxic juice of perhaps one of the most obscene, disgusting, arrogant companies on the planet... YEEEEAAAHHH, Suckle on satans tities, man, SUCKLE!"

First of, no company is evil. I suckle on the breat of EA because their games are fun. Bethesda's aren't. I wonder while you whine about me avoiding Bethesda game if you and your allies avoid EA games. And, oh, Bethesda are one of the most arrogant companies in the gaming industry. Then again, don't blame them, or EA. Successful companies should eb arrogant as they know what they are doing.

"Ignorant germ of a man, I think part of the WHOLE reason you're even responding to folk about WHY you're not even going to check out FO3 is based purely on the fact that you love the attention"

You seem to be the igorant one as well as a troll. I'm responding because people asked me questions. Look at my first first post in this thread. I answered the thread topic than people asked me questions. The problem with FO3 fanboys is that they ask questions they don't really want the answer to. The only responses you guys would accept from me on the issue of FO3 is me agreeing to buy it. Mya dvice is don't ask questions when you really don't want the answer. Tool.

"Your opinion isn't even valid..."

Then why do people keep asking for it? Don't like my answers don't ask the questions. Besdies, anyone who thinks a company is 'evil' shouldn't be taken seriously.

"It's funny that the only ones saying negative stuff about Fallout 3 are the folks that haven't even played it."

I've played Bethesda games. I've read up on FO3, seen the videos, read the opinions, and nothing has convinced me to give it a chance. I have limited gaming dollars, and I'm only gonna spend it on games I'm sure I'll enjoy.

"Even folks who expected to dislike it have come out fairly positive. I think I've only heard one person who wasn't impressed, and they were more 'meh' than actual dislike."

You mean the same folks who consider KOTOR2 a masterpiece? L0L Won't take their word for it that's for sure.

"I don't see why we need to tear one down to celebrate the others, we are lucky that all three titles are excellent games."

Yeah, oh gosh, we're lucky that not everyone thinks a like. FO1, and FO2 are awesome games. FO3 is not. Why? Bethesda does not make good games that I enjoy. It's that simply, and I see no reason to give them more of my money just because YOU say FO3 is good.

"Actually, I disagree with Starwars. Its has more roleplaying options than I ever remembered in the previous games with plenty of choice about how to complete the quests. It obviously has references to previous games and factions but it is no worse than what Fallout 2 did with those references and factions."

L0L

"Cheers, that's basically the information I was looking for."

Or the only information you would accept?

Yeah, kind of reminds me of people aksing me questions on WHY I have no interest in buying FO3 at full price, and then fee4ling personally insulted because I gave an opinion they cannot accept so they start attacking and flaming. My question is why bother asking a question you really don't want the answer to, and that you won't accept. Plus, why do people in this thread care if I don't buy FO3.

I bet everybody here has judged a game before playing it. In fact, I KNOW everyone has. If they didn't, they'd buy bevery single game released just to give it a chance.

FO3 is a Bethesda game, and by nature, that means it sucks.

Period.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Period.

Agreed :shifty:

Time to play nice again.

(aimed at no single troll in particular)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"I don't see why we need to tear one down to celebrate the others, we are lucky that all three titles are excellent games."

Yeah, oh gosh, we're lucky that not everyone thinks a like. FO1, and FO2 are awesome games. FO3 is not. Why? Bethesda does not make good games that I enjoy. It's that simply, and I see no reason to give them more of my money just because YOU say FO3 is good.

Volologic strikes again! Nobody actually requested your opinion after it became clear you didn't own the game. You just keep posting your opinions about Bethesda. If it makes you feel any better Volo, your cartoonish caricature is entertaining as ever. You haven't lost an ounce of silliness over the years.

"Volologic strikes again! Nobody actually requested your opinion after it became clear you didn't own the game."

Did you read the entire thread? I posted my response to the actual thread title, and then others kept bugging me about FO3. When people ask me a question diretcly, I'm (usually) polite enough to reply. Don't blame me if you don't like reply. *shrug*

Go buy an EA game. Afterall, you gotta give a company you hate your money, right, just ebcause others like them? L0L

Actually I don't hate any game company. I don't really see the reasoning behind that. I buy games because I think I will like them. I'm not going to go into a thread on RTS games and say the company that made the game sucks because I don't like RTS games. You seem to dislike the Bethesda style of game, that's very understandable and nobody wants you to rush out and buy it. But saying the game sucks and the company sucks is sophomoric. It's not a style of game you like, leave it at that.

"I'm not going to go into a thread on RTS games and say the company that made the game sucks because I don't like RTS games. You seem to dislike the Bethesda style of game, that's very understandable and nobody wants you to rush out and buy it. But saying the game sucks and the company sucks is sophomoric. It's not a style of game you like, leave it at that."

Yeah, 'cause I'm going into every FO3 thread and spamming how I hate it. Og yeah, I'm not. This thread asked a question: Which FO is the best. I answered it. People took it as a personal assault on them. And, it's funny you call me 'sophomoric' even though that's exactly what youa re doing with you flimsy flames of me.

And, btw, you don't speak for others. Others in this threa dhave made it clear that by me not buying FO3 I'm making them cry, and I'm a big meanie.

Again, people aksed me questions, and I answered. Don't balme me if YOU don't like the answer.

Read the entire thread next time as all i did was reply to the thread topic and then people decided to go nuts.

And, I won't apologize for disliking Bethesda or FO3, and people ask me about it I will tell them and I won't apologize for it. BNut, nor do I go spamming every FO3 thread about it.

LOLZ poor Biodrone.

Biodrone?

;):x:lol:

Bio = Bioware

Drone = spend in dull or monotonous activity

Quite right.

Biodrone AKA Volo.

Why is F1 surpassing F2? That's just not right.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I've heard others describe it as you have, but overall I'd say Starwars's assessment is the most prevalent one (of people who have actually played the game).
The most prevalent, you say? As in some sort of general consensus? I think you may have been spending too much time on NMA, because otherwise, the word is it's a solid, overall fun game, and a worthy sequel. I mean, just read the threads here and elsewhere - only folks who were already bashing the game with all their heart before knowing jack about it make those "assessments". And they are, for the most part, a rehash of the arguments used when bashing the game beforehand, possibly in an attempt to save face. Prejudice not necessarily clouding judgement, but influencing it rather plainly.

Mind you, I'm not trying to sell it to you... I simply find your eagerness to accept opinions that only reassure your preconceptions a bit shortsighted.

The real reason I'm not touching FO3 has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the name Bethesda. I simply don't trust them.
I thought you had "researched". It's becoming increasingly obvious though that "research" doesn't mean what you think it means.

I have limited gaming dollars, and I'm only gonna spend it on games I'm sure I'll enjoy.
That's really the only argument you need. So why are you trying to disguise yourself as an informed buyer?

I bet everybody here has judged a game before playing it. In fact, I KNOW everyone has.
Really? And tell us, did you arrive to this "knowledge" by means of your "research", as well?

Because, you see, stuff like rental, demo, lending, etc do exist... many ways you can try a game without shelling out the dough.

FO3 is a Bethesda game, and by nature, that means it sucks.
That's essentially the same as saying that any post by you is nonsense by default. Not entirely fair, eh?

I'm not trying to make any personal attacks and frankly, you dismissing one of my statements with a 'lol' is pretty damn arrogant for not having played the game. Then again if you had told me that Fallout 3, from the makers of Oblivion, featured tons of roleplay options and some actual consequences to choice before I bought it I probably would have said 'lol' too.

I probably was a sucker for getting Fallout 3 considering my expectations were pretty low. I was desperate for a semi decent Fallout RPG. Pretty much blew my mind and expectations away when I realized I was having as much fun as I had with Fallout 2 and in some cases Fallout 1.

I think some of the fans of the originals are so furious at Bethesda getting the rights to Fallout 3 (I know I was) that they've reached a point of cynicism that they actually wouldn't be able to enjoy Fallout 3. They ignore the 3+ dialogue options from a stat, skill and perk in a single dialogue option or stare at the dirt and lament that it doesn't look as dirty as it did in Fallout 1.