Which Fallout was the greatest?

Bokishi

poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which Fallout was the greatest?

• Fallout 1
    • Fallout 2
    • Fallout 3

Fallout and Fallout 2 have long been in my top ten of all time... but Fallout 3 beats them both for me personally. I don't think I'll live long enough to see everything Fallout 3 has to offer, and I am totally addicted to it. As much as I loved its predecessors, I was never driven to start a new game the moment I finished the last one. With Fallout 3, I will create a new character and immediately start the journey again.

"The numbers just show that all three games are very good."

How does that prove any of the sort? There's three games. It asks which of the three is your favorite. Heck, someone could love all 3 games or hate all 3 and they would still likely have a 'favorite'.

"I'd be interested in seeing what would happen if we removed the votes of people who haven't played all three titles."

Not much. Since, outside of me, I'm sure 99% of the people who voted have played FO3, and I'm sure most everyone on the Obsidian boards have played FO1, and FO2. Them being old Interplay/BIS games.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Fallout 1 [ 22 ] ** [39.29%]

Fallout 2 [ 21 ] ** [37.50%]

Fallout 3 [ 13 ] ** [23.21%]

Looks like the fights not over yet. :blush:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I can't believe anyone voted for FO3, because..

"FO3 is a Bethesda game, and by nature, that means it sucks. "

That was my initial assessment as well, before I started playing FO3 and as I much as I hoped to be proven wrong - I wasn't. It took me about 3 days to finish FO3 and afterwards I've spend about two weeks trying to prove myself wrong again, but it's a really ungrateful game and actually quite off-topic.

I played FO2 first for months soon after it was released. Playing the smart, playing the dumb, the good and the evil and variations it was all very rewarding with and without followers (evil was kinda lonesome in the end). The first Fallout I played a few years later and I was ready for at least a whole weekend of fun and gaming for the first run.. but it only took me little more than a day.. to finish Fallout?! Huh?! I was shocked.. I remember that quite clearly.

I voted for FO2.. of course.

(Signatures: disabled) 

You finished the game. It means you like it.

no

i haven't voted, coz i'm yet to get round to trying out the 3rd one, but out of the first 2, Fallout 2 would be my favourite

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

You finished the game. It means you like it.

DR: No. FOT would not win the poll. It's simply not that good.

Of course it wouldn't. I meant even that would be above F3.

Nope. I suppose we could take another poll with FO:T included, but I doubt it's necessary. I voted for Fallout 3. I enjoyed FO:T, but I wouldn't change my vote. FO:T is very much a niche product, moreso than the first two Fallouts. Great for niche players, but not for the mainstream audience that game companies need to thrive.

I don't think anyone can argue against the fact the Fallout 3 is superior when it comes to story, but it is of course easier to build on something existing than to start from scratch.

here's my take on the graphics and gameplay part

GRAPHICS

Fallout 1; a complete joke. Looks at least 10 years old. It's like Bards Tale with bigger pixels. Makes the game unplayable in my book.

Falolout2; pretty much like Fallout 1. Maybe slightly worse I can't really tell. Still unplaybale.

Fallout 3; very nice. Feels almost like you're there.

GAMEPLAY:

Fallout1; it's hard to see beyond the bugs and the weird topdown view. It's like youre walking around in Legoland and there are some serious balancing issues as well.

Fallout2; the time it takes to actually load a save makes the whole game unplayable after a few hours. Also the number of bugs is staggering.

Fallout3; quite nice, good balance and a nice feel to it.

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

^Sarcasm?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

^Sarcasm?

no not really, have you played the first two? tell me where i'm wrong

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

Well Fallout 1's graphics were quite good for their time, and the game wasn't all that buggy, at least compared to all of Bethesda's games. Everything else is just unjustified opinion.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well Fallout 1's graphics were quite good for their time, and the game wasn't all that buggy, at least compared to all of Bethesda's games. Everything else is just unjustified opinion.

Ditto. The so many ways a character can die in a gruesome deaths is pretty much incredible and on par with EA's Crusader series. It was so amazing and details for its time, for graphically and the animations it has.

As for the vote, Fallout 1 for me though I really really hate the day limit restriction imposed as part of the gameplay. It does help to maintain a sharp focus though on the player's objective unlike Fallout 2. The writing and C&C choices in Fallout 1 is far more better in terms of execution and originality. I agreed with an observation back then that Fallout 2 depends too heavily on pop culture reference to feel to be completely immersed.

As for Fallout 3? Seeing that the game is always being constantly compared with Oblivion rather than the 2 prequels as well as being claimed by some people its a comparison between apples and oranges, I feel Fallout 3 does not even deserved to be compared with the first 2 at all since its no longer the Fallout I know.

Edited by Zoma