What you did today

Gorth

Long freaking day today. Wrote about 1500 words of a report, then realised that I'm not a student any more, and less words is good. :thumbsup: I forget this periodically.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Tomorrow's my last day at work for a while. I have to meet with the FAA rep tomorrow then work out a training schedule for the techs in the Lexington KY market for the new becon controller. Then I'm off for two beautiful weeks to work on the house. I orderd a kit to build a gazebo down near the stream in the magnolia trees. I'm going to make a stone path down to it. Actually, I'll probably go buy the enhnaced Witcher and spend the whole two weeks in front of my computer. We'll see.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Today I purchased four new t-shirts and a new pair of jeans. It was truly glorious.

Oh clothes shopping, how I've missed thee.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I had an exam today. I'm confident I didn't fail it but I kind of doubt I got an A or perhaps even a B. It's a tough one, I know I got quite a few of the questions right but there were a handful of questions I had to guess on so it's kind of scary.

In other news Halo 3 angered me greatly. I play one match setting and one match setting only and that's team doubles. I'm good at team doubles, you could even say I'm great at team doubles since I was only 2 levels away from level 50 which is the highest you can go and kind of hard to get since you have to win like 10 games in a row after you are 49, and to get to 49 you need to win like 8 games in a row, and so on and so forth down the line. Bungie ruined all that by requiring all map packs being downloaded to play doubles. And seeing as some maps aren't free I can't play since I don't use a credit card, nor would I, becuase I think dlc is bs and totally not cool in my opinion. I'm angry.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'm accomplishing nothing at work today. Every time I go to do something I get paged to the office because they caught someone shoplifting. The first guy was a real ****, giving me attitude and whatnot. He didn't seem so feisty when the cops showed up, however...

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Went to school and had pretty crappy day until i Went to a gun range and did some trap shooting.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I slept in till 3:45 today. I probably would have slept longer, but I figured that when I heard my brother get home from school that I should probably get up. Had some leftovers from last night (cold pizza) and then did some homework for my management accounting course before I headed off to class. Ran into a friend that I hadn't seen in about 6 months. Got bored in my economics lecture and skipped out on the last 45 minutes of a three hour lecture. Now I'm home and that's all I've done today.

I slept in till 3:45 today. I probably would have slept longer, but I figured that when I heard my brother get home from school that I should probably get up. Had some leftovers from last night (cold pizza) and then did some homework for my management accounting course before I headed off to class. Ran into a friend that I hadn't seen in about 6 months. Got bored in my economics lecture and skipped out on the last 45 minutes of a three hour lecture. Now I'm home and that's all I've done today.

How is your management accounting class going? I wish my school would have offered it on campus becuase on line and alone with a book with only accounting 101 under your belt is psychological torture. So ridiculously frustrating.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

How is your management accounting class going? I wish my school would have offered it on campus becuase on line and alone with a book with only accounting 101 under your belt is psychological torture. So ridiculously frustrating.

It's going well enough so far I guess. So far we've covered some basics with job-order costing and process costing. I can't say I'm getting much out of the lectures. I have a little trouble understanding what he's saying, because of his thick accent. It's not so bad if I can get to the class early to stake out a seat up front so that I can hear a little better, but that class fills up quickly. What book are you using?

Edited by Deraldin

I extracted all of the data files for The Witcher into another file -I accidentally copied them into the data folder and thus had to re-install the first time I used the tool- and made my first few mods. Fun, fun, fun... :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Decided to buy Battlefield 2142 and The Orange Box because I miss the old online FPS times.

Both are cool, but Team Fortress 2 is a blast.. I played the first one alot and I had the day off yesterday to play the sequel - and I loved it. I've been trippin' all day at work today to go home and play it some more :sorcerer:

Fortune favors the bald.

today is the 9th anniversary of my marriage to michele. that we have made it this far and neither of us has offed (or attempted to) the other is amazing. i bought michele the new everlast CD (came out on the 23rd) and got myself death magnetic by metallica. we're going to dinner somewhere tonight, probably for a steak. i want something high-end so i'm looking at either of these two places:

http://www.thewarehouserestaurant.com/

http://www.waltersbistro.com/

both are apparently kid friendly, though my son is not necessarily good in a restaurant. hopefully they have spaghetti for him. :)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

today is the 9th anniversary of my marriage to michele. that we have made it this far and neither of us has offed (or attempted to) the other is amazing. i bought michele the new everlast CD (came out on the 23rd) and got myself death magnetic by metallica. we're going to dinner somewhere tonight, probably for a steak. i want something high-end so i'm looking at either of these two places:

both are apparently kid friendly, though my son is not necessarily good in a restaurant. hopefully they have spaghetti for him. :)

taks

This is a tough one. The bistro has Lobster bisque which is fantastically delicious if done right and the Filet Migon seems nice. However The Warehouse's Ribeye sounds better and cream of exotic mushroom sounds like win sauce incarnate. My vote goes for The Warehouse, it looks a lot snazzier too.

Today I got my first pay check. 302.64 big ones. I think I'm going to cash in $50 of it to gamble on some sports. Supposedly my friend knows a guy whose a real pro.

I'm hungry. And tired. And sore. And work sucked today. And I have a headache. And I have school tonight and there's a crazy old dude who is substituting and I think I'm the only person who finds him hilarious. I suppose that's what happens when you put 20 or so aspiring accountants in one room. Just a buzzkill vortex.

taks

Grats taks, 9 years is a good mark.

taks

Congratulations taks :)

both are apparently kid friendly, though my son is not necessarily good in a restaurant. hopefully they have spaghetti for him. o:)

taks

Congrats Taks! They say if you make it past 7 years you are in good shape.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I extracted all of the data files for The Witcher into another file -I accidentally copied them into the data folder and thus had to re-install the first time I used the tool- and made my first few mods. Fun, fun, fun... o:)

Links please! I'm buying The Witcher this weekend. I figured it's finally time I gave it a look.

Thomas Sowell

Slept too much. Housework. Fiddled around w/Spore. Played with cat. Dinner. Watched Ugly Betty. Now the internet. Pay bills. Then more Spore before I snore.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

we ended up doing neither and going to saltgrass (not sure of exact name). it's a chain of some sort with relatively good food. i had a good ribeye and baked potatoe. spinach/artichoke dip appetizer, ooh, they also had sweet tea, which is a rarity around here. cheaper, of course, only $80 with tip for all three. would have been well over $100 at either of the other two places.

thanks, btw. of course, michele and i aren't talking to each other right now. woman logic. i'll never understand that oxymoron.

taks

btw, the warehouse is getting good reviews but i don't know anyone that has gone there yet. walter's is quite famous in the springs, and i've never met anyone that didn't like it. both are on the other side of town, and we opted for close to home, which mean nothing but chains (or places we didn't want to go).

taks