Procrastination

Walsingham

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2309735/Ti...-to-expert.html

Fascinating. It claims that some people procrastinate to cause crises just to get kicks. It occurs to me that I might well fall into that category, or have done in the past.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I can sympathize with that too. I work better when the pressure is on because in those situations I know that I actually have to do the work otherwise I'm screwed. I don't think i shoot myself in the foot on purpose but I do bide my time until I cannot wait any longer. Maybe that is shooting myself in the foot..ha, must be subconscious :( .

Oh yay, another "medical" condition. Maybe we can call it punctually challenged?

Anywho, Im usually the opposite. Id much rather get a task done and over then have it hanging over my head. I will occasionally drag my feet on a project that seems especially difficult or time consuming, but not often.

Fascinating. It claims that some people procrastinate to cause crises just to get kicks.
Um, that's not quite what I understood from the article. What you are describing is another well documented disorder, though.

It occurs to me that I might well fall into that category, or have done in the past.
Bad stuff man. The depression analogy in the article is pretty good.

I still can't imagine going to your average shrink and going like, "well, I'm fine and all, I'm simply lazy beyond belief is all"...

I'm just waiting for laziness to become a mental disorder. :sorcerer:

I don't doubt that some procrastinators do count as mentally something-or-other but most people are mentally sound. I would say that people have a disorder if they can't stop procrastinating no matter what, and that could indeed be quite serious.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Well, I always assumed tourettes sufferers were just matelots, but there we are...

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I was about to post in this thread yesterday, but I wound up being distracted by something slightly more interesting or something...

Apparently I'm one of those people who procrastinates dull and routine tasks...

Which is entirely obvious by the state of my laundry.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

So, because I would rather do omething other than what I'm supposed to do, I'm crazy? Don't you love science? :lol; (I do, actually)

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Egad. You're right.

-Elwood Blues

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Fascinating. It claims that some people procrastinate to cause crises just to get kicks.

Would that be...procrasturbation?

:wacko:

-Elwood Blues