BREAKING NEWS: NEW EXCLUSIVE FALLOUT 3 TRAILER

Llyranor

Still really waiting to see dialogues and quests. It might change so much of what we think about the game (or so little).

Agreed.

So far, much too much time has been spent on the action/combat sequences, and very little on the actual dialogue system, and how they affect the overall game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The one non-combat related preview I read was pretty promising, and it wasn't an obviously slavering sort of review in the first place.

I think I remember reading that too and it looked cool, but with combat going to figure into how people perceive the game overall, it really stinks if the combat does indeed stink. That's going to bring the game back down in terms of quality.

Dunno whether it's good 50's stuff or not, but talking deathclaws were pretty odd in FO2. It didn't make me go 'urgh', though - I thought it was discreet enough (or as discreet tlaking critters can be).

Maybe talking centaurs this time!

I am sick of seemingly dumbed down games.

Thank console developers for this trend.

Yeah, and only l33t pc gamers are actually stupid enough to believe that.

As long as there has been games, there has been dumbed down games.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I blame an increasingly apathetic audience who keeps buying dumbed down games.

Anyway, saw the trailer this weekend and it took whatever hope I had left of this game being good and swept it away.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Anyway, saw the trailer this weekend and it took whatever hope I had left of this game being good and swept it away.

It's really people who don't do their research before they buy something. Because as N'Gai Croal has said many times, no one sets out to make a bad game, but the end product may be bad. The problem is if that product is subpar, people who buy it feed the machine so to speak. Although who am I to talk, I bought Asassin's Creed... :)

It's really people who don't do their research before they buy something. Because as N'Gai Croal has said many times, no one sets out to make a bad game, but the end product may be bad. The problem is if that product is subpar, people who buy it feed the machine so to speak. Although who am I to talk, I bought Asassin's Creed... :thumbsup:

Me and a guy at work were discussing how if they want to make a perfect Batman game, combine GTA and Assassin's Creed and give it a Batman theme.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Me and a guy at work were discussing how if they want to make a perfect Batman game, combine GTA and Assassin's Creed and give it a Batman theme.

There has been a rumor around for ages that the Mercenaries guys (Pandemic?) are working on a Batman game.

Edited by Hell Kitty

Turn-based, yes. Isometric? Isometric is all over the place. Turn-based is a sensible (if, for some of us, sad) decision based on the economy... isometric might be, but its primarily a stylistic call.

I meant the two taken as a whole. As I understand it Diablo3 is still isometric and many others as well of course.

I agree it's partially economic. There are more games and gaming platforms now then ever and discretionary income only stretches so far.

Still really waiting to see dialogues and quests. It might change so much of what we think about the game (or so little).

"Fans of Oblivion will find the game's dialogue system immediately familiar", is the only reference to dialogue that the Fallout 3 preview article in today's local paper has. Says nothing about the quality of the writing, but still... take from that what you will, I suppose. Haven't been following the game closely for a long while now, but this is the first definitive (if vague) word I've heard on it, anyway.

...he doesn't work in Bethesda

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I meant the two taken as a whole. As I understand it Diablo3 is still isometric and many others as well of course.

Diablo 3 is not isometric. It's a fully 3d engine.

Doh. It's 3d isometric as opposed to 2d isometric which the original Fallout was. Isometric point of view has nothing to do with whether or not the engine is 2d/3d.

Diablo 3 is not isometric. It's a fully 3d engine.

Doh. It's 3d isometric as opposed to 2d isometric which the original Fallout was. Isometric point of view has nothing to do with whether or not the engine is 2d/3d.

Isometric projection is a method of creating an image in which there are no vanishing points. It's a simplification that allows 2d graphics to more easily appear 3d, because there's no need to scale the sprites as they're moved around the playfield.

With 3d graphics, there's no need for it. The engine automatically handles perspective and produces vanishing points for everything.