Mass Effect propaganda - sidequests?

Uh, considering you're one of the people who constantly talks about how obvious the KOTOR revelation was, due to tons of foreshadowing, I'm surprised you didn't pick up on the fact there was more to Sovereign than met the eye after, about, Eden Prime. :cat:

I have more posts than GoA! Finally...oh wait...****.

Anyway, I didn't see the revelation coming, or indeed any twist, because Sovereign didn't really steal the stage from mister Metalface and Boobsie. Each time Sovereign zapped in and dropped armatures on you, I tended to concentrate on the freaking walkers instead of sometihng flying away really fast. As a result, the ship was, to me, under-presented enough to lull me into forgetting it entirely until Virmire. Sure, the game dropped enough hints to sink a ship about there being something odd about Sovereign, but I never expected it to call judgment upon me, have a personality. I thought it would be more of a Leviathan(edit:thanks qt!) deal, where it's just based on the big bad guy technology and not an actual presence.

I liked that twist, especially because it wasn't vital, but was there to add to the experience, set the apocalyptic mood in.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I thought it would be more of a Ravager(iirc, the KotOR 1 ship) deal, where it's just based on the big bad guy technology and not an actual presence.

Leviathan was the KotOR1 ship, Ravager was the KotOR 2 ship...

As far as ME goes, while I didn't suspect that Sovereign was anything other than a ship, when it was revealed it was just another piece of information, not a twist or a surprise... at least to me.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

As far as ME goes, while I didn't suspect that Sovereign was anything other than a ship, when it was revealed it was just another piece of information, not a twist or a surprise... at least to me.

This, also, is what I sort of meant when I asked Hades what shocked him so much. Even if you didn't suspect Sovereign, when it was revealed, it seemed more of a "oh, I see now" moment, rather than a "OMG I DIDN"T SEE THAT COMING!?!!? THAT ALTERS THE STORY IMMENSELY!" moment.

But, overall, they dropped enough hints leading up to Virmire, that even if you couldn't predict the exact details of what/who Sovereign was, you'd at least realize it wasn't simply a Star Destroyer clone.

Edited by GhostofAnakin

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The big surprise for me in ME was what Vigil revealed about a certain location. Even there I kind of suspected something already. As far as nature of the Sovereign, that was discussed on Bio forums long before the game came out.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Isn't ME's plot twist about an "ancienter" race instead of just the ancient race that usually appears in Bioware games?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Don't get me wrong, I liked the story in ME. There just wasn't any moment along the way, where I sat back after a revelation and said, "Wow. Just wow."

Finding out about Sovereign was no more shocking, than finding out about Ashley's past, or finding out about Saren.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

With spoiler tags. Meaning tags which say "spoiler".

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

No, I meant how do you see what it says, it always stays black for me. I guess quoting the post would be one way.

You highlight the text by holding down the left mouse button and moving it over the black space. :)

n00b! :(

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Paint the box with your cursor, as if you were about to copy-paste it. It's just black letters on a black background.

I'm so glad we got spoiler boxes back then, Rot13ing everything was kind of retarded, albeit funny.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Dude, ME dethroned frickin' Fallout as Hades's favourite game

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Guest The Architect

Aha.

So do I. I finished it today. Can't wait for the sequel.

I imagine we'll be playing as a new character, with Shepard relegated to a KotOR2 Revan role, off somewhere in the unknown, looking for a way to stop the Reapers, while the galaxy is faced with a less potent, nevertheless potent threat of some sort, left for the new PC to deal with. I've only played through the game once, but if there isn't much diversity in the 4 different endings, I imagine the sequel will be about the humans struggling to maintain political power in the galaxy.

Sand LIKES Mass Effect??

Why do you sound so surprised? :)

Actually, Archie, Bioware has stated that we will be playing Shepherd through ME2 and ME3. You will be able to transfer your character over to the next two games and the decisions you made in the previous game will effect story aspects in the sequels.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"