Mass Effect propaganda - sidequests?

I'm really quite confused how anyone who liked KotOR could hate ME, or vice-versa. I could understand being a fan of one and not the other, I'm just not sure where the differences are enough to hate one and love the other. They seem pretty dang similiar.

I just don't like the Star Wars setting.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Guest The Architect

Since I haven't finished a play through of Mass Effect yet, having to start over again as my brother deleted the previous game files, I'm going through the main quests as soon as possible. I've gotten Liara, completed Feros, now where should I take my bad ass stud of a character next, Virmire or Noveria? I want to do the better level last. I'm currently at level 22, would you recommend I be at a higher level before I undertake one of those quests or not?

Well, I not only do not have a console, but I also don't have a TV, which consoles, as far as I know, require to function.

I had my console hooked in through my PC, using my PC speakers and monitor for sound and display.

Yes, but I presume you have a desktop monitor and PC speakers, whereas I only have a notebook computer.

Well, I not only do not have a console, but I also don't have a TV, which consoles, as far as I know, require to function.

I had my console hooked in through my PC, using my PC speakers and monitor for sound and display.

Yes, but I presume you have a desktop monitor and PC speakers, whereas I only have a notebook computer.

If you want to PC game a Desktop is really the only way to go unless you can aford a $3000 laptop.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

If you want to PC game a Desktop is really the only way to go unless you can aford a $3000 laptop.

Well, so far Mass Effect has been the only game I have shown interest in that I cannot run, so my two and a half year old notebook (which cost about $1500 at the time of purchase) has not done too badly.

Minor spoiler question:

I tried asking this in the spoiler forums, but didn't get an answer - yes I'm impatient - heh.. They mentioned that you could relive the memories of a Cro-Magnom man on the Citadel - has anyone tried this and if so - how?

Fortune favors the bald.

Minor spoiler question:

I tried asking this in the spoiler forums, but didn't get an answer - yes I'm impatient - heh.. They mentioned that you could relive the memories of a Cro-Magnom man on the Citadel - has anyone tried this and if so - how?

Sent you a PM on it. Hope it helps. :ermm:

No problem. If you have any other Mass Effect questions, feel free to ask.

Noveria. Normally I do Noveria before Feros, but always do Virmire last. You will need the levels.

thanks for tuning in on Game-Talk-Time "GTT" on 118.3 FM.

Todays guest speaker is "Sand" who will be answering "Mass Effect" questions for frustrated gamers all over the world.

:)

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm really quite confused how anyone who liked KotOR could hate ME, or vice-versa. I could understand being a fan of one and not the other, I'm just not sure where the differences are enough to hate one and love the other. They seem pretty dang similiar.

They're nothing like each other. KOTOR had narrative and universe implemented into gameplay, great characters, great dialog,interesting story, interesting art design, a lot of variety, relatively open levels, and most importantly great quest design. ME has a cliched and nonsensical narrative, universe is hardly explored in game and is confined to reading the codex and the exposition of boring NPC's, party characters you talk to only 3-4 times, most of them boring, horrible repetitive and generic art design, the gameplay is mostly on rails and consists almost entirely of meaningless dialog/exposition alternating with shooting, the quest design ranges from mediocre to atrocious with only a couple of exceptions. Moreover the whole game feels shallow, threadbare and gives the impression of corners being cut everywhere.

Btw, I'm no Star Wars fan, I actively despised SW before playing KOTOR, but the game made the SW universe far more interesting and fleshed out than the movies.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Why is my thread being derailed? This pertains to Mass Effect and its sidequests, a very appropriate topic in this gaming section of the forums. Why is it now about people's preferences on sports or Star Wars?

Thanks again to those who contributed to my thread.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

"They're nothing like each other. KOTOR had narrative and universe implemented into gameplay, great characters, great dialog,interesting story, interesting art design, a lot of variety, relatively open levels, and most importantly great quest design. ME has a cliched and nonsensical narrative, universe is hardly explored in game and is confined to reading the codex and the exposition of boring NPC's, party characters you talk to only 3-4 times, most of them boring, horrible repetitive and generic art design, the gameplay is mostly on rails and consists almost entirely of meaningless dialog/exposition alternating with shooting, the quest design ranges from mediocre to atrocious with only a couple of exceptions. Moreover the whole game feels shallow, threadbare and gives the impression of corners being cut everywhere."

reverse this, and you'd be telling telling the truth.

ME > KOTOR

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

KOTOR had narrative and universe implemented into gameplay, great characters, great dialog,interesting story, interesting art design, a lot of variety, relatively open levels, and most importantly great quest design.

This is just not true, especially about the narrative and the universe being implemented into the gameplay.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

KOTOR had narrative and universe implemented into gameplay, great characters, great dialog,interesting story, interesting art design, a lot of variety, relatively open levels, and most importantly great quest design.

This is just not true, especially about the narrative and the universe being implemented into the gameplay.

Yes, it's true. You go to the Jedi academy and through quests learn about the Jedi, you go to the Sith academy and learn about the Sith, and have a chance to either follow their philosophy or reject it by your actions. You're not just told Czerka is evil, you see for yourself how evil they are. If you're told Taris consists of the rich upper city and the wretched lower city, you go there and see for yourself. You learn all kinds of things about the universe, and very little through exposition. If it was ME, all that stuff would just be written down in the Codex for you to read, instead of experience for yourself. That's the difference between a great game and a mediocre one, I'll never understand why so many people can't see that.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan