What are you playing now?

Gorth

Hypothetically speaking, if I were to, say... install Morrowind and its expansions could anyone recommend me some mods to, well... make it better?

Found one. It's called "Uninstall Morrowind" and it's great.

Also, my 360s red ringed on me. For serious this time. :p

Edited by Tel Aviv

Just finished PS:T once again

What can change the nature of man? :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I'm playing Mass Effect, Oblivion, and Soul Calibur 4. Oh, and K1, of course. :)

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Just finished PS:T once again

What can change the nature of man? :bat:

Answer: One great game.

I'm currently working through a list, a backlog of sorts:

Puzzle Quest as a Druid, it's refreshingly less intuitive than all the "RED MANA IS GOOOOOD" classes I played previously-

Dungeon Siege 2 as a multiclassy character, relying less on healing magic. Then on the the expansion finally.

Dark Messiah is just about to end and my warrior/thief has been a fairly successful character build, despite complete lack of magic. I'll totally do a second playthrough as a mage after this.

Ninja Gaiden 2 ends today, hopefully(second form of Archfiend without healing items is a bitch) then it's on to Warrior difficulty.

I sometimes do sudden stints on GoW 1 co-op as well, ever since my friend lost his saves.

Oh, and Yuris' Revenge is ****ing awesome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I just remembered I have never played the game with Ignus in the party :o

Should give it yet another go I guess :)

Still best game ending ever (oh, and game too)

Oh, and Yuris' Revenge is ****ing awesome.

That it is. Soviet moon mission FTW :bat:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

oh, btw, for MC's benefit, i'm starting another round of the BG saga. granted, as i recall, MC only plays a heavily modded BG2, but the spirit is the same and i will carry these buggers into BG2. i'm going for overkill 18/100 STR fighter with a 19 CON and 18 DEX i think. oooh, maybe i'll even do a f/m/t multi-class (which means only an 18 CON since i have to do a human). i've never done that before. i just have to roll till i have the uber stat monster (which takes a while). 90+ is my goal since i hate min-maxing. i just want to max-max. :thumbsup:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Getting stats over 90 is a real chore. You should aim for 85-90.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

yeah, but i have not time limits and i'm patient enough that i can sit down there and roll all freaking day if necessary. recall, i have a wife and a 5-year old son. 4 hours in the man cave hitting "reroll" is no sweat. heck, 4 hours with a pair of pliers to my left nipple is no sweat, for that matter. :thumbsup:

i hit 90 last night with a dwarf but he had only an 18/90 STR. i want someone that doesn't need gauntlets of ogre power.

taks

oh, btw, for MC's benefit, i'm starting another round of the BG saga. granted, as i recall, MC only plays a heavily modded BG2, but the spirit is the same and i will carry these buggers into BG2. i'm going for overkill 18/100 STR fighter with a 19 CON and 18 DEX i think. oooh, maybe i'll even do a f/m/t multi-class (which means only an 18 CON since i have to do a human). i've never done that before. i just have to roll till i have the uber stat monster (which takes a while). 90+ is my goal since i hate min-maxing. i just want to max-max. :thumbsup:

taks

"Debug Mode = 1"

*Ctrl+Shift+8*

that gives all 18s, right? no, not all 18s, just all 18s in the stats that i need with average scores everywhere else (so not max-maxing, but avg-max i suppose).

besides, if i cheat in my stats then i didn't "earn" them, hehe. give a man a sense of honor, please!

taks

'm continuing my second Bloodlines playthrough. I'm about to visit the house in King's Way (or something like that - I suck at names) at Hollywood. Playing a Malkavian is awesome. It's actually better than awesome. Is there even a word for that?

Edited by Istima Loke

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

'm continuing my second Bloodlines playthrough. I'm about to visit the house in King's Way (or something like that - I suck at names) at Hollywood. Playing a Malkavian is awesome. It's actually better than awesome. Is there even a word for that?

Uberly awesome!

BL rules! Malkavians rule! :thumbsup:

Still playing FoT. I am getting close to the end. I just moved my party to the last base.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

btw, i decided it was better to "earn" the 18/00, then simply cheat in the books to raise my stats as i saw necessary after i started. that way, i at least got to roll for a while, pretending that i got what i deserved. f/m/t requires some good stats, you know... o:)

i may dual imoen immediately. not sure how i want to play my other party members yet.

taks

Halo 3's ending still brings a smile to my face. You know, when you find out

he's still alive

. I still love this game.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

btw, i decided it was better to "earn" the 18/00, then simply cheat in the books to raise my stats as i saw necessary after i started. that way, i at least got to roll for a while, pretending that i got what i deserved. f/m/t requires some good stats, you know... o:)

i may dual imoen immediately. not sure how i want to play my other party members yet.

taks

pocket plane group gots all kinda mods... including h4x0rz kinda stuff... why re-roll when you can simply give appropriate stats to a character? 2 minutes v. hours? never understood the re-roll thing when so many mod programs is available.

HA! Good Fun!

quick check results: is something called gate keeper and shadow keeper mods. lets you quick and easy gives whatever stats, spells, equip, etc. to your bg or bg2 character. re-roll til get acceptable numbers, or simply cut to chase and build as desired?

is some kooky people who seem to enjoy the re-roll process... but Gromnir thinks those people is broken in the head.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

it's a feel-good thing to convince my kooky broken head that i actually played by the roolz. o:)

i know about the mod programs, just don't feel like getting 'em.

taks

pocket plane group gots all kinda mods... including h4x0rz kinda stuff... why re-roll when you can simply give appropriate stats to a character? 2 minutes v. hours? never understood the re-roll thing when so many mod programs is available.

HA! Good Fun!

quick check results: is something called gate keeper and shadow keeper mods. lets you quick and easy gives whatever stats, spells, equip, etc. to your bg or bg2 character. re-roll til get acceptable numbers, or simply cut to chase and build as desired?

is some kooky people who seem to enjoy the re-roll process... but Gromnir thinks those people is broken in the head.

Or you can just add Debug Mode=1 to baldur.ini under program options and press ctrl+shift+8 in the char creation screen to get all stats to 18, and assign what stats you want.

edit: My game of choice right now is Team Fortress 2. It's almost perfect, only thing it needs is achievements for all classes and more maps. Haven't had this much fun with an FPS since the original CS betas.

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

it's a feel-good thing to convince my kooky broken head that i actually played by the roolz. :)

there ain't a dm on the planet that would ever allow you to re-roll for literally hundreds o' times. is no different than using infinite xp glitches or limitless gold exploits. am seeing the smiley in taks post... but am always baffled by the peoples who sees some distinction 'tween shadowkeeper and 4 hours o' re-rolling. only difference Gromnir can see is that 'stead o' playing bg2 for 4 hours, you mindless hit re-roll for 4 hours.

maybe Gromnir is too rational, but this kinda imaginary difference 'tween shadowkeeper and a thousand rerolls smacks o' wacky self-delusion... or temporarey insanity.

then again, if game is more fun for you 'cause o' the self-delusion, then game IS more fun. do whatever makes more fun. still seem wacky-nutty to Gromnir.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Or you can just add Debug Mode=1 to baldur.ini under program options and press ctrl+shift+8 in the char creation screen to get all stats to 18, and assign what stats you want.

uh, no. it's "Cheats=1", not "Debug Mode=1". :) the latter works with NWN/NWN2. it is different for the IWD games, too, and maybe even BG2 (not there yet, so i haven't hunted it back down).

there ain't a dm on the planet that would ever allow you to re-roll for literally hundreds o' times. is no different than using infinite xp glitches or limitless gold exploits. am seeing the smiley in taks post...

not D&D roolz, silly, BG roolz. :) it only took about 50 re-rolls, btw, since all i was shooting for was 18/00. i like to see what comes up randomly, particularly given my stats background. 90 and above (stat totals) is quite rare. the BG random number generator is borked, however, and i'm not even sure it implements 3d6 for the rolls anyway. it seems more uniform, though i've never tried to determine if there exists a bell-shape or not. besides, i've never had luck hacking into my characters or saved games with the shadowkeeper type programs. they always seem to screw something up.

keep in mind, i've probably played through BG1/2 more times than the sum total of all the times the damned games have ever been played by everyone that has ever played them (try to figure out what's so wrong about this statement!). really, i've probably played BG1 30, perhaps even 50 times. i can no longer say for sure since it has been over 10 years since i started. ugh. i blame MC.

taks

uh, no. it's "Cheats=1", not "Debug Mode=1". :) the latter works with NWN/NWN2. it is different for the IWD games, too, and maybe even BG2 (not there yet, so i haven't hunted it back down).

You're not playing Tutu? If not, why?

[really, i've probably played BG1 30, perhaps even 50 times. i can no longer say for sure since it has been over 10 years since i started. ugh. i blame MC.

taks

Yeah, that's right, blame me. It's all my fault, using my PLAY BG AGAIN! mind ray.

I've got a new computer and I've yet to properly tweak my optimally modded BG2 for yet another game. And in the past 12 months some interesting mods have come out for me to try, I'll be playing a hacked dual-class Barbarian / Cleric next time round. Last run through was protagonist Ftr/Thf, Minsc, Imoen (hacked to sorcerer) and Valygar (swapped out for Sarevok in ToB).

Shadowkeeper is my friend. I shamelessly add a point to emulate the BG1 tomes and give myself excellent scores. Then again, I will only take what I consider to be 'core' NPCs (maximum four character party) and play all the uber-silly tactical challenge mods (I've yet to beat improved Firkraag, for example, because I eschew lots of magic users).

IWD2 also demands my attention, it's pretty underrated in my humble. Gromnir's recent musings on bad guys led me to think how interesting the baddies in IWD2 are, and the McGuyvered IE into 3E thing is good fun. Undead Targos gives a small taste of what the IE modding community could do with this little gem given time and encouragement :lol:

sonsofgygax.JPG