Diablo 3 Officially Announced

Humodour

The whole griefing thing is one of the reasons I avoid playing on battle.net. I do not want to deal with some high level character or whatever deciding to screw me over non stop til I just give up.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Trophy hunting was fun :lol:

DIABLO 3 DIABLO 3 DIABLO 3 DIABLO 3 DIABLO 3 DIABLO 3 DIABLO 3 DIABLO 3 DIABLO 3 DIABLO 3

sorry about that :p

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Which is why we have Open Battlenet for those of us who like hacked games or Closed Battlenet for those who like to play legit and feel safe and secure with their comfy blanket. :)

You mean those of us who have enough skill to get to level 47 without hacking it in (and then bragging about it on a forum)? :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong - I've played Diablo with hacked chars and items. It was fun for a day or two until I grew up.

Which is why we have Open Battlenet for those of us who like hacked games or Closed Battlenet for those who like to play legit and feel safe and secure with their comfy blanket. :)

You mean those of us who have enough skill to get to level 47 without hacking it in (and then bragging about it on a forum)? :)

Don't get me wrong - I've played Diablo with hacked chars and items. It was fun for a day or two until I grew up.

Leaching off Secret Cow Level runs could get you over lvl 60 in under 30 minutes easily (all legit too :rolleyes:). I believe they made changes so it wasn't as viable to do though -- but I stopped playing before those changes happened.

Hah, yes, I remember following big 'uns around in Cow Level as level 30 or something. I was never very good at avoiding getting killed though (already died about 5 times in Act 1).

You mean those of us who have enough skill to get to level 47 without hacking it in (and then bragging about it on a forum)? :brows:

Bah. She ain't too hacked otherwise she wouldn't have got killed when it mattered. My characters are hacked to the point that I'm hard to kill, not impossible. God mode sucks. I need some risk to keep it interesting. Above all I hate to reload.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Funniest thing is, there's no freaking reload function. It's a persistent world as long as the game is online.

And I could have completely obliterated some lousy sorceress melee build back in the day. Then I started to realize how freaking crappy open bnet actually was, it was a lot more comfy and interesting to form a group that wouldn't backstab you at every moment and one that you'd know face to face in real life. It's always treat to brag to a real face, instead of AOL-speaking "lol intarwebs" anonymites.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 3 weeks later...

Michael Chu, ex-Obsidian designer(KotOR2, NWN2) is a quest designer on D3.

IGN: What do you do as the lead world designer, and what have you worked on in the past in that respect?

Leonard Boyarsky: As lead world designer I'm responsible for the lore of the game, the history, the story. I work with a quest designer named Michael Chu, who's had a lot of experience in the RPG industry. We make sure that through the quests the story's being conveyed to the player. We also work very closely with the art department to make sure - y'know, they'll come to us and say to us 'what's going on with this civilisation or that civilisation, what's the history?' Because there's a lot of ruins and building up on cities that have been around for a long time. So, building a world

I'm pretty excited for this classic to come back. I really like how Blizzard (now Acti/Vivendi/Blizzard :lol: ) is updating and adapting their older classics and coming out with sequels. This and starcraft 2 are going to log a lot of my time. Without hacks for sure on my first playthrough...