Diablo 3 Officially Announced

Humodour

dual crossbows is not any sillier than a bow which shoots ten arrows in a spread pattern that freeze people solid for 2 seconds

its a little lamer though. oh well, no one is forcing you to use them, and I actually like the new class, hopefully they work in a javelin weapon...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

• 1 month later...

The one game that could pull me away from NV if it was released next week. Which it isn't...just saying. I have more and more reservations about D3 - not that it won't be good, but that I personally won't like it/tastes have changed - but I will still be grabbing it up into my greedy little hands.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

jeez, what's happening to Blizzard? first SC2 and now this... this awful... I can't even describe it. cliche after cliche, looks not like an AAA-whatever-title, but an indie-game. I hope it's humongous and has, like, 20 chapters compared to D2's 5 :p

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

well, naturally. same here, considering how many hours I poured into D2... I don't mind if the game is essentially the same but bigger.

but these awful cinematic trailers, the spoken lines, obviously written by a nitwit, the WoW-like style... gah! just doesn't connect with me

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Wow, that was like a machine gun full of bad cliches to the face. Maybe I'm just older now, but it seems like the more cinematics we have in games, the more terrible they are. :p

Gameplay please, Blizzard, Diablo wasn't that cool, it was fun.

Yep. But they also had the virtue of being few in number, making you want more, and knowing when to stop and shut up. They didn't go on and on. Of course, I don't know what pre-release trailers for D2 were like...

Dual-wielding mini-crossbows (such as those in Deus Ex) doesn't seem like a problem to me.

Why would it be difficult, if properly trained, to wield two of either of these?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...Crossbow122.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...ol_IMG_3841.jpg

Both are pistol crossbows.

Because you still need a free hand after every shot to reload?

More worrisome are other tendencies shown in the video.

It's very sad that even blizzard decided to forgo common sense and promote spiked armor.

And why was it necessary to drop helmets in favor of hoods?

At this rate chainmail bikini can't be far off.

Dual-wielding mini-crossbows (such as those in Deus Ex) doesn't seem like a problem to me.

Why would it be difficult, if properly trained, to wield two of either of these?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...Crossbow122.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...ol_IMG_3841.jpg

Both are pistol crossbows.

Because you still need a free hand after every shot to reload?

Never used one myself. Can't see it being difficult depending on the design.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

the original game was epic! also, the game's cinematic reminds me of Myth 2 :p

Walsingham said:

I remember Diablo being very gothic-themed. It's a shame this isn't nearly as present in Diablo 3.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I remember Diablo being very gothic-themed. It's a shame this isn't nearly as present in Diablo 3.

for some reason I was certain, Blizzard would make D3 exactly like D1, but in 3D and bigger. and they'd save the cartoony look for a Warcraft-themed action game.

but of course they had to spoil everything :ermm:

Walsingham said:

it is to me, go figure :ermm: but I should mention, that I last played WoW in 2005

Walsingham said:

Some of the areas they showed early on had similar color schemes to WoW....that is, a more pastel palette or something. I don't think the chrs. look like WoW chrs. or anything. But there's something about it that definitely reminds me of WoW...not to mention Titan Quest. Eh...they all look alike these days.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts