Diablo 3 Officially Announced

Humodour

I'd play that before Diablo 3.

Also, one would think that as Blizzard already has more money than God, they could actually use their time to release something new instead of another bleeding sequel.

If Blizzard was an independant company you'd be right about them having more money than God.

Blizzard makes $120 million dollars in gross revenue each month from WoW alone.

The idea of my post was that it's not Blizzards money -- rather it goes into their parent companie's coffers. If I'm wrong and they do keep the money please let me know :)

As far as I know Vivendi Games wants Blizzard to remain a cash cow, which means exploiting their current IPs. After all, they have to make up for the flops Sierra puts out :)

Edited by LostStraw

damn ... have to start saving for a new computer.

the game is looking sweet. I didn't get into D2, but what the heck I'll still get D3 and try it.

Some of those fights in the game trailer look like ball busters ... I wonder how hard single player will be as the last fight was shown in co-op and looked like they had a hell of a time (no pun intended). click fest 2009? can't wait

damn ... have to start saving for a new computer.

the game is looking sweet. I didn't get into D2, but what the heck I'll still get D3 and try it.

Some of those fights in the game trailer look like ball busters ... I wonder how hard single player will be as the last fight was shown in co-op and looked like they had a hell of a time (no pun intended). click fest 2009? can't wait

It's Blizzard, they make games run sweet on lower end machines

lol at PC gaming dying

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I played through Diablo once a very long time ago.. Bought Diablo 2 from a dorm mate, but never managed to get into it (I think I found Gothic at around the same time and going from Gothic to Diablo 2.. er..).

But I watched the gameplay video of Diablo 3 and it looked.. interesting. So now I've installed Diablo 2 and am currently trying to play through it. Not as bad as I remember it to be.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yup

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

But I watched the gameplay video of Diablo 3 and it looked.. interesting. So now I've installed Diablo 2 and am currently trying to play through it. Not as bad as I remember it to be.

I would suggest multiplayer as it is much more fun than singleplayer and what the game was made for.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Good news indeed. As long as they use what was successful in the first two games, game play, classes, etc, this should be something worth the wait.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

There will be a hardcore mode.

Confirmed where? I'm not seeing this anywhere.

I mean, I certainly hope there is. But I can't find any info on HC.

HC is a must. Nothing says sweaty balls like hardcore mode in Diablo. :thumbsup:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I want my secret cow level.

Except with taurens.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

They said it was going to be mostly Co-Op with some good PvP on Battle.net.

Don't worry, this is still Diablo.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I take back everything I said - it looks terrific, the concept art is excellent and the graphics seem to capture the spirit of the original completely.

I look forward to it tremendously.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

it's the class guessing game!

5 classes:

Barbarian

Witch doctor

_______

_______

_______

my guesses for the other three?

Rogue

Sorcerer

Necromancer

Rogue would be like the assasin but a few ranged abilities

Sorc I really don't need to explain do I?

and a Pet class.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Blizzard is today talking about how they're making Diablo III more interactive. Namely, dialogue is no longer about monologues, but personalised character-driven story. I.e. it seems there will be dialogue trees. They want to make the role-playing part of the game as strong as possible whilst maintaining the 'opt-out' ability of Diablo's quests and dialogue.

I think that's the best anybody could have hoped for in terms of story and dialogue, no?

They're also talking about how the core of the game is the horror genre, and Diablo 3 will stay true to that.

MC: There has to be a support class. I imagine a knight of some form will make an appearance.

Class types to cover (needn't all be independent):

Support/buffing

Cursing/debuffing

Ranged physical

Ranged magic

Melee tank

Melee damage dealer

Summoning

Traps

I reckon they've got a priest, archer and mage left to cover. Remember though, they seem keen on mixed classes these days (Assassin, Druid, Witch Doctor).

Edited by Krezack