Movies you have seen lately

Gorth

So it was Wall-E? 11 times in 13 days? damn, that is obsessive... ;)

I know. It wasn't until the 10th showing that I started thinking that maybe I should see something else... Although now that you've hit 10 on Speed maybe I should got see Wall-E again. o:)

So it was Wall-E? 11 times in 13 days? damn, that is obsessive... ;)

I know. It wasn't until the 10th showing that I started thinking that maybe I should see something else... Although now that you've hit 10 on Speed maybe I should got see Wall-E again. o:)

Well, a couple of more weeks and it'll be in the cheap theaters!

I just found out that Speed will still be playing at one of the other cheap theaters in town next weekend... ;)

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

The new X-Files movie. Not as good as I had hoped. They are better off staying with the mythology ideas. The Aliens and their planned invasion are still out there and I think that needs to be addressed and laid to rest.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Saw the Dark Knight last night. I can really see why it has recieved so many excellent reviews. Heath Ledger's Joker has to be one of the best movie villains I've ever seen.

"Want to see a pencil disappear?" ;)

As for the X-Files movie: I used to be a HUGE X-Files fan, until about season 6 when the writing and style started a steady decline. I don't know if it was the change of filming location down in California, a change of writers, or having difficulty coming up with new ideas but the monsters of the week started getting ridiculous (puky sweet episode about a man who can control the weather, a giant slug worshipped as the second coming of christ, and a guy who crawls up people's bums and rolls around on a squeaky cart?) and the mythology episodes made as much sense as wearing your underwear in the North Pole.

I really don't know if I want to see the new X-Files movie at this point as I've heard/read wildly varying reviews on it. o:)

X-Files movie: as someone who's never watched a single X-Files episode in his life, this movie looks like it's going to blow.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Uhh, so you haven't watched it yet?

I for one am waiting for reviews. Trailer didn't impress me and they don't deal with year 2012 :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I'm STILL annoyed that the Radio 1 reviewer gave away the entire plot of the first X Files movie when it came out. What a total nob.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm STILL annoyed that the Radio 1 reviewer gave away the entire plot of the first X Files movie when it came out. What a total nob.

I have that DVD somewhere

It was rather good actually. Not brilliant but certainly good

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I have that DVD somewhere

It was rather good actually. Not brilliant but certainly good

:) I just realised that, ironically, I can't remember the plot now!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I just saw Dark Knight again. It was stll ****ing epic. Seriously, it's one of the best non-LoTR movies I've ever seen.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I just saw Dark Knight again. It was stll ****ing epic. Seriously, it's one of the best non-LoTR movies I've ever seen.

Might want to expand your horizons. just sayin

I know.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Downfall - Not understanding a owrd of german makes me unsure as to hwo good the actors were, but it was an amazing movie.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"The Bank Job" - with Jason Statham.

It was Jason, so I was expecting more of a mindlessly violent action picture - it's actually something a bit more akin to, say, Oceans Eleven...only less big-money Hollywood flashy. Except for Jason, not many people you'd easily recognize, especially to US audiences (British cast) which I think works in its favor. A caper movie based on some real-life robbery. I liked it more than Oceans Eleven, actually. The movie is a little slow/confusing at the start as they flip back and forth during the set up, but after that it was cool. Nice to see Jason in something that's a slight change from his usual smash 'em/punch 'em action picture. He did get to kick someone around a bit at the very end of the movie, but that was about it. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

T4 teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-aCwYhbDT8 ... might be good

In other news, I just noticed Christian Bale is rumored as Robin Hood in Ridley Scott's upcoming Nottingham. He's also in a Michael Mann movie with Johnny Depp (killer combo!).

Oh, and there's a new RoboCop coming in 2010, directed by Darren Aronofsky (Pi, Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain). I'm betting Bale in the lead role lol.

X-Files movie: as someone who's never watched a single X-Files episode in his life, this movie looks like it's going to blow.

I liked it, but it has a few problems. For one, it has lots of Mulder and Scully, but very little X-Files. It's not particularly scary, and there is very little supernatural about it. But it's a pretty good crime-thriller.

But I acknowledge that I'm obviously pretty alone with that opinion. 10.2 milllion in the opening weekend? Ouch!

First no KotOR3 and not it looks like no X-Files 3 movie either... :p:wacko:

they did already, duh

edit: in the final

Edited by Xard

As long as Gillian Anderson is in it, I'm seeing it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: