What are you playing now?

but for now I'm going to move on to Pool of Radiance II: Ruins of Myth Drannor. I found a downloadable hack/patch that allows me to speed up or slow down the game so battle sequences wont end up lasting hours as each enemy takes a turn.

I would be careful with that, it's still a dangerous product. It wiped out my hard drive years ago. I recently tried playing it again and it just messed with my computer, like no game ever has, I finally broke the CD's so I would not be tempted to play it again, what I was able to play sucked anyway.

Diablo - Currently on the 6th floor about to enter THE CHAMBER OF BONE. Currently level 13 and it has gotten a bit easier.

chamber of bone is easy

just clear out the side passages, then when you open the doorway for the main room just stand in the doorway and take the skellies one at a time (or have some fun with firewall)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

but for now I'm going to move on to Pool of Radiance II: Ruins of Myth Drannor. I found a downloadable hack/patch that allows me to speed up or slow down the game so battle sequences wont end up lasting hours as each enemy takes a turn.

I would be careful with that, it's still a dangerous product. It wiped out my hard drive years ago. I recently tried playing it again and it just messed with my computer, like no game ever has, I finally broke the CD's so I would not be tempted to play it again, what I was able to play sucked anyway.

Diablo - Currently on the 6th floor about to enter THE CHAMBER OF BONE. Currently level 13 and it has gotten a bit easier.

Hmm, I've read that once patched RomD is fairly stable and doesn't have the wipe problem. :)

Hmm, I've read that once patched RomD is fairly stable and doesn't have the wipe problem. :)
It was not the wipe problem. My computer just started acting weird, I uninstalled it and it went back to normal.

I would just advise extreme caution

Thanks for the heads up. I just finished the tutorial and created a new party. Haven't noticed any odd computer behavior but I'll keep an eye out.

though it was ridiculously easy to beat Diablo himself

pretty much any weapon with knockback = dead Prime Evil

That didn't work for a sorcerer so much. :lol: But if your fireball was good enough, you could pretty much spam it to death and it wouldn't take too long.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

though it was ridiculously easy to beat Diablo himself

pretty much any weapon with knockback = dead Prime Evil

That didn't work for a sorcerer so much. :lol: But if your fireball was good enough, you could pretty much spam it to death and it wouldn't take too long.

hmm quite possible

i could never quite get into playing a sorcerer

too much hassle trying to find books all the time

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

My computer forgot that it was fixed, again.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

time to get a console huh? :lol:

Already have a few.

It's more time to scream. And talk over options with my system builder. Given the history of this particular problem, it might not be a bad idea to see about going with both a different motherboard and graphics card just to be safe. As the graphics card has been replaced 2 times already (plus a third which didn't have any problems, but was so low spec playing games was not much of an option), and the motherboard and memory have also been changed. The fact that the temp card seemed to work with fewer problems than this makes me think it might be some absurd negative interaction between the board and this make of card. Get rid of them both just to be safe.

Edited by Tale

What kind of PSU do you have? Maybe it's too weak to supply the bigger GPU's with enough power.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

time to get a console huh? :p

Blasphemy! :)

EDIT: I'm still playing Fallout 2.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

What kind of PSU do you have? Maybe it's too weak to supply the bigger GPU's with enough power.

That was one of the first things replaced when the problem first arose! I'm good on that end. I don't remember specifically what it is, though.

I just reached Diablo. Was moving slowly through the level trying to kill as many enemies as I could before hitting the big guy. Cleared most of the level and then got just a little ****y running into a room to lure out all the melee guys and ended up getting half a dozen acolytes, half a dozen blood knights and the big guy come after me. Glad I opened a portal before exploring that section. Just made it back before I died.

Current Gear

The same stupid Fine Claymore I've been using since I hit the catacombs because no one has dropped/sold anything better for use in one hand.

Bow of the Heavens (+13 to all stats)

Shield of the Tiger (+18 Armour, +49 HP)

Ring of the Heavens (+12 to all stats)

Ring of Precision (+29 to Dex)

Jade Plate (+54 armour, +21% resist all)

Veil of Steel (+15 Str/Vit, -30 Mana, +50% resist all, -20% Light)

Lapis Amulet (+33% Resist Lightning)

Much better than last time. If only I could find another decent sword.

Edited by Deraldin

I just reached Diablo. Was moving slowly through the level trying to kill as many enemies as I could before hitting the big guy. Cleared most of the level and then got just a little ****y running into a room to lure out all the melee guys and ended up getting half a dozen acolytes, half a dozen blood knights and the big guy come after me. Glad I opened a portal before exploring that section. Just made it back before I died.

Current Gear

The same stupid Fine Claymore I've been using since I hit the catacombs because no one has dropped/sold anything better for use in one hand.

Bow of the Heavens (+13 to all stats)

Shield of the Tiger (+18 Armour, +49 HP)

Ring of the Heavens (+12 to all stats)

Ring of Precision (+29 to Dex)

Jade Plate (+54 armour, +21% resist all)

Veil of Steel (+15 Str/Vit, -30 Mana, +50% resist all, -20% Light)

Lapis Amulet (+33% Resist Lightning)

Much better than last time. If only I could find another decent sword.

http://www.ladyofthecake.com/diablo/swords.htm

look around for some of those babies.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Im playing Battlefield: Bad Company and its pure swedish awesomeness. Im surprised there hasnt been more of a buzz here about it, all 360 and PS3 owners shopuld rush out immediately and buy it, its that good.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Dark Messiah: Might & Magic

I always wanted to give that one a try, never got around to it though... Maybe because the local game pusher (EB Games) never had it on the shelves :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That's a pretty deep tactical plan you had there. Not like those mindless console games where you just pewpewpew yourself to the ending screen. Man, those shallow consoles. I hate them so much. Freaking consoles. WHy don't you just go die, stupid console games? Man, I love my PC.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

That's a pretty deep tactical plan you had there. Not like those mindless console games where you just pewpewpew yourself to the ending screen. Man, those shallow consoles. I hate them so much. Freaking consoles. WHy don't you just go die, stupid console games? Man, I love my PC.

Oh, so THAT's what you're playing now! For a moment there I thought you might have missed the point of the thread and gone trolling instead.

I've recently installed Driver: Parallel Lines after randomly happening upon a few positive reader reviews of the game online. The car handling is not near as good as in the GTA games, but otherwise it's actually very similar. Except Driver has better in-vehicle shooting and less side activities to participate in. Also, it's much more race oriented but I felt like playing a little racing games so it fits me fine. It's much better than I remember it to be, although I might have reviewed the PS2 version of it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Restarted Diablo in the vain attempt at getting some better gear than what I have already. I've hit level 8 and the only thing I've swapped out was Lapis Amulet for a Blue Amulet of Might. Less Lightning resist (still max) but it gives me an extra 9 Strength.

Edited by Deraldin

Sid Meiers "Pirates!"

Continuing the quest to test my game library for Vista 64 bit compatibility (it worked without a hitch).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein