NHL

what a game. i'm so glad i have the day off wednesday and will be able to see game six. if the pens don't play an inspired game back in pittsburgh after tonight's win, then detroit deserves the cup. while i disagree with calling any penalties in overtime in the playoffs, let alone the finals, it's hard to disagree with any of those called, except for maybe the hooking one on...who was it, kennedy? i do have to say though, that a high stick that draws blood just brings back bitter thoughts of the '93 semi-final. Leafs/Kings, game six, overtime, and a certain fella named gretzky talking his way out of a similar penalty. sigh.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

The first period has been exactly like all the periods in exactly every game between Wings - Penguins so far: Detroit holding the puck and seemingly dominating the game, but the scoreboard says it's a one goal game. And last game proved that it's possible to win against the Wings despite being horribly outshot, outmuscled and outsmarted.

Bring on the second period!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Haha, I called it! Ok, so it wasn't exactly a tough call to make, but still :bat:

GO ZETTERBERG!

Dan Cleary wins a Stanley Cup Ring. Manomanomanoman. Congratulations Detroit. 4 cups in 11 years. That's an insane record.

May all your defencemen be poached on offer sheets this year. :bat:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Dan Cleary wins a Stanley Cup Ring. Manomanomanoman. Congratulations Detroit. 4 cups in 11 years. That's an insane record.

May all your defencemen be poached on offer sheets this year. o:)

I like 5 in 7 better. ;)

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

I have NHL playoff withdrawal symptoms :shifty:

I keep waking up at night at the same time the games used to start! It's annoying.

I'm glad the playoffs are over. Before you know it the draft will be upon us, then a little while after that training camp will start gearing up.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm surprised we haven't talked about Ron Wilson going to Toronto. An American coach in Canada! And Brian Burke might not be too far behind. I actually see this as a decent turn for Toronto. Wilson will get them back into the playoffs fairly soon. It also will help Toskala to have a familiar face behind the bench, and it removes any doubt about him being the number 1 guy.

If they can get Burke, the Leafs will officially be righting the ship. :)

I don't think that Wilson is going to be a quick fix for the Buds. Toronto's problems are rooted far deeper than coaching.

I'm glad Hasek retired as well!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Hasek is awesome. I know Osgood is greta, and he hlped the Wings the cup; but he got screwed. He got yanked because he had an off game or so. Big friggin' hoo. All goalies do. Not like Osgood was perfect in the playoffs. And, heck, if the pens had thrown Fleury in the trash 'cause of one not so good game, he never would have finished game 1 versus the Rangers.

Anyways. Hasek. One of the best goalies ever. No doubt about it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hasek is about 43 or 44, I believe. I think he did an amazing job considering his age, and he shouldn't feel any embarrasment over being replaced by a very solid Osgood in the playoff run.

I've never felt he was as good of an NHL goalie as he was internationally. On an international level, he was easily the best goalie of the 90's.

They had an interesting poll with Brodeur, Roy, and Hasek being compared on TSN. I don't think he's necessarily in the same class as those two. Those guys have really won the cup all alone on occassion, Hasek never managed that in Buffalo.

But Brett Hull's foot was in the crease when he scored the cup winning goal! Hahahahahahahaha!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

"Those guys have really won the cup all alone on occassion, Hasek never managed that in Buffalo."

You could make that argument with Roy in Montreal; but not with Broduer who had a Scott Stevens fellow patroling his crease and crippling anyone who dared to score against Broduer. IIRC, Broduer didn't win a cup sans Stevens. And, Hasek had absolute crap in Buffalo. Was he there with Lafontaine (overrated but still solid player) at all? Also, while Detroit was a talented team back when Hasek first went there, they were basically throwing their goalies (including Osgood) in the trahs because they felt they were holding them back from another cup win.. and, lo, Hasek led them to the promise land...

Hasek definitely deserves to be with those two. Afterall, he won 6 vezinas mostly against those two along with guys Belfour and Richter as his competition. Not exactly easy.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.