NHL

If they're both swept, that would be the first time I've ever seen both Conference finals being sweeps.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I've watched a lot of games from this years play-offs, and you know what's missing? Those really bone-crunching hits! Maybe I was spoiled by always having to watch Stevens steamroll over my Leafs every year, but it really feels like the NHL is missing those great hitters of yesteryear. I mean, I know Phaneuf can lay out anyone in the league, but.. He didn't seem to step it up at all in the play-offs. And sure, lots of series have been physical, but I am talking about those EXTRA special hits, the ones that send a shiver down your spine when you watch them. Anyone remember

?

I've also been watching the World Championship of hockey and I must say that some of those games have been way more physical than the NHL play-offs! Isn't that weird? It might be because the difference between the best players on the best teams and the worst players on the worst teams is so much bigger, but still.. Murray levels Morozov (Yes, that is Kovalchuk beating up young Anton Str

Phaneuf was pretty impressive in his seven game series, as was Iginla. He managed 7 points I believe, 3 of which were goals, and he had some big hits. He just didn't have a supporting cast. They still managed to go seven games.

3-0 for Detroit after one period. Looking good for the Swedes!

Although nothing is certain yet. Dallas has looked very sharp whenever they've had the puck in the offensive zone.

This one is tough to call. One the one hand you have the offensive juggernaut known as Pittsburgh. On the other, you have a balanced team plus the best defenceman in the league.

I'm going to go with the Pens. Only because Gonchar was robbed of a cup playing for Washington all those years.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Pens in 6.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I think it'll be a tough series since both teams are so good. It's difficult to predict who will win since their playing styles are so different, with Detroit's machine-like puck possession game and Pittsburgh's individual-skill based offensive game.

I suspect the series will go like the Detroit - Dallas series though: even series, Detroit goes up 3-2 and finishes it in the sixth game.

I also suspect the difference maker might be the goalie in a series like this. Fleury has played amazing and Osgood too, but Fleury has looked somewhat sharper to me. He is what worries me in my prediction. We'll see.

If Detroit wins, it'll be the first time ever a team led by a European-born captain has hoisted the Cup! Go Lidstr

Great game by the Red Wings! Apparently their puck possession game was a bit stronger than Pittsburgh's game. Three Swedish goals too :D