NHL

Holmstom is insane. Someone should put a slideshow together of all the crazy deflections and stuff he has done in front of the net to create goals. They have to penalize him because he's just too much better at playing in front than anyone else.

God, I'm getting annoyed with the NASN commentators. They whine and whine and whine on Malkin and his performance.. But they don't mention the CAPTAIN of the same team, who is equally invisible and smothered, AND is playing on the first line with the best wingers the Penguins have! I know Crosby is the future of the NHL and Penguins franchise player, but still.. GEEZ! Yeah, Malkin is Russian and Crosby is Canadian, but the bias is disgusting.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

L0L Considering that people were trying to claim that malkin was actually bettere than Crosby when he actually isn't the backlash on him is good to see. Afterall, he's the MVP candidate. He should start acting like it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I was going to whine about the refs, but they're starting to even things out now. I still didn't like that they missed the stick in the mouth on Lidstr

I forgot to mention: Crosby has been great in this game! Not only because he's scored two goals, but this is also the first time he hasn't shied away from the physical game. He even had a great bone-crunching hit behind Osgood! He finally looks like a leader, although I still think it was pretty premature to give him the captaincy.

Crosby has been the leader of that team since his first game in the league. He's earned that C. Glad that he's showing everyone - once again - that he *is* the Penguins not that wannabe usurper Malkin.

Crosby has been the leader of that team since his first game in the league. He's earned that C. Glad that he's showing everyone - once again - that he *is* the Penguins not that wannabe usurper Malkin.

Right, the same wannabe that carried the Penguins during the captain's injury?

"..including 36 points in the 21 games Crosby was injured."

They'r ebetter with Crosby leading the charge. Simple as that. Malkin is, at best, the 6th best player in the league. At best. I'd say 10th.

They'r ebetter with Crosby leading the charge. Simple as that. Malkin is, at best, the 6th best player in the league. At best. I'd say 10th.

But you didn't say that they were better with Crosby in the line up, you said Malkin was a wannabe and that he is not a leader on the Penguins. Fact is Penguins wouldn't be in this position without Malkin, even if they had Crosby for all 82 games.

We were disucssing the fact that people actually think Malkin is better than Crosby. Nowhere did I make the argument that Malkin sucked outright. Afterall, this 'debate' started when I referred to him as a 'wannabe usurper' in response to the nonsense that 'Crosby didn't deserve the C' when he's deserved it from pretty much his first game in the league. Krookie took offense to that.

I think he's a baby.

Crosby IS a baby! It's easy to forget that he's only 20 years old. But that also means he does some questionable things on the ice because of his inexperience. His leadership skills aren't fully developed. He may fail to lead a team through the playoffs on the simple fact that he's never BEEN this deep into the playoffs before. Give him some time and I'm sure he'll be a great leader, but as it is now, it's just a show. One thing he definitely needs to stop doing is to show his emotion by whining to the refs. Constantly. All the time. He should harness that energy and wreak havoc on the ice in the next shift instead.

I think they made him the captain so early because Americans LOVE their stats and charts and ****, so they wanted him to be the youngest this and that in the history books. But it's OK. It doesn't always have to be the person wearing the C that leads in the locker room. I can guarantee you that Crosby didn't stand there in the dressing room, 19-20 year old and a rookie, and held speeches for the veteran players on the team.