NHL

Did they sign Rozsival? I thought he was an RFA.

I was pretty bummed Brian Campbell took off to Chicago. I see his reasoning, it's big money, a bigger contract, and it's closer to his family. Still, he's leaving a team that is a threat to go deep in the playoffs every year for one that is young and inexperienced. I'm not saying Chicago won't make the playoffs, I think they have a decent shot this year, but they are still building. So in essence he's taking the money over an immediate shot at the Cup.

But the real issue is that it leaves San Jose weaker than they were, and they need to address their defense before the season begins.

One move that really puzzles me is Washington letting Cristobal Huet go. Theodore seems like a huge gamble, and more of a downgrade. Plus, I just plain don't like him.

9:58PM Boston sign forward Michael Ryder to a 3-year deal worth $12 million

9:50PM New York Rangers re-signed goaltender Steve Valiquette (undisclosed)

8:06PM New York Islanders sign defenceman Mark Streit to a five-year contract worth $20.5 million

7:59PM Minnesota sign forward Craig Weller to a two-year contract worth $600,000 a season

7:44PM Tampa Bay Lightning sign forward David Koci to a one-year, two-way deal worth $525,000 in the NHL, $100,000 in the minors

7:37PM New York Rangers sign UFA defenceman Wade Redden to a six-year contract worth $39 million

7:18PM New Jersey Devils sign UFA forward Bobby Holik to a one-year contract worth $2.5 million

6:42PM Toronto Maple Leafs sign UFA forward Niklas Hagman to a four-year contract worth $12 million

6:42PM New York Rangers re-sign UFA defenceman Michal Rozsival to a four-year deal worth $20 million

6:34PM Vancouver Canucks sign UFA forward Darcy Hordichuk to a two-year deal

6:33PM Philadelphia Flyers sign UFA forward Nate Raduns to a one-year deal

6:32PM Philadelphia Flyers sign UFA forward Glen Metropolit to a two-year deal

6:24PM New Jersey signs UFA forward Brian Rolston to a four year deal worth $20.25-million

6:15PM New York Rangers sign UFA forward Patrick Rissmiller to an undisclosed deal

6:06PM Philadelphia signs UFA defenceman Ossi Vaananen to a one year deal worth $1-million

6:01PM Columbus signs UFA defenceman Mike Commodore to a 5 year deal worth $18.75-million

5:40PM Chicago signs UFA defenceman Brian Campbell to an 8 year deal worth $56.8-million

5:04PM Buffalo signs UFA goaltender Patrick Lalime to a 2 year deal worth $2-million

4:27PM Ottawa signs UFA goaltender Alex Auld to a 2 year deal worth $2-million

4:14PM Tampa Bay signs UFA goaltender Olaf Kolzig to a 1 year deal worth $1.5-million (plus bonuses).

4:02PM Colorado signs UFA forward Darcy Tucker to a 2 year deal worth $4.5-million

3:49PM St. Louis matches Vancouver's offer sheet to RFA forward David Backes at 3 years, $7.5-million.

3:43PM Chicago signs UFA goaltender Cristobal Huet to a 4-year, $16.875 million.

3:41PM Florida signs UFA forward Cory Stillman to a 3 year deal worth $10.6-million

3:40PM NY Rangers sign UFA forward Aaron Voros (undisclosed)

3:40PM Pittsburgh signs UFA forward Eric Godard to a 3 year deal $2.25 million

3:38PM Tampa Bay signs UFA forward Adam Hall to a 3 year deal worth $1.8-million

3:24PM Toronto signs UFA goaltender Curtis Joseph to a 1 year deal worth $700,000

3:24PM Toronto signs UFA defenceman Jeff Finger to a 4 year deal worth $3.5-million a season

3:09PM Phoenix signs UFA forward Todd Fedoruk to a 3 year deal worth $3.175 million

3:07PM Detroit signs UFA goaltender Ty Conklin to a 1 year deal worth $750,000

3:07PM Montreal re-signs RFA forward Andrei Kostitsyn to a 3 year deal worth $3.25-million a season

3:03PM Colorado signs UFA goaltender Andrew Raycroft to a 1 year deal worth $800,000

2:53PM Washington signs UFA goaltender Jose Theodore to a 2 year deal worth $9 million

2:50PM Phoenix signs UFA defenceman Kurt Sauer to a 4 year deal worth an average of $1.75-million a year

2:02PM Pittsburgh Penguins re-sign UFA defenceman Mark Eaton to a 2 year deal worth $4 million

1:58PM Minnesota Wild sign UFA forward Andrew Brunette to 3 year deal worth $7-million.

1:33PM Vancouver signs RFA forward Kyle Wellwood to a 1 year deal worth $997,500.

12:55PM Boston signs UFA forward Blake Wheeler to an entry-level contract.

12:52PM Tampa Bay sign UFA forward Radim Vrbata to a $9-million, three-year contract.

12:04PM Anaheim re-sign forward Corey Perry to a five-year deal worth $26.625-million which will average $5.325-million a year.

11:58AM Pittsburgh Penguins sign forward Pascal Dupuis to a three-year deal which will average $1.4-million per season.

11:58AM Detroit Red Wings and veteran defenseman Brad Stuart have agreed to terms on a 4 year contract that averages 3.75 per year.

11:35AM New Jersey re-signs forwards Jay Pandolfo (3 years, $7.5 million) David Clarkson (2 years, $1.675 million) and Barry Tallackson (undisclosed). Declines option on forward Sergei Brylin.

10:55AM Minnesota sign goaltender Barry Brust to a two-year, two-way deal worth $1.1 millions total in the NHL and in the minors.

10:45AM Carolina sign defenceman Anton Babchuk to a one-year deal worth $1 million.

10:21AM New Jersey agrees to terms with defenceman Bryce Salvador to a four-year deal worth $11.6 million (average of $2.9 million per season).

8:45AM Washington re-signs defenceman Mike Green to a four-year deal worth $21 million (average of $5.25 million per season).

At least today wasn't boring!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

One move that really puzzles me is Washington letting Cristobal Huet go. Theodore seems like a huge gamble, and more of a downgrade. Plus, I just plain don't like him.

Yeah, that was kinda surprising. Although at 5.6 or so, Huet is over paid. I can see 4 million, but not much more. :bat:

Yay. We got Niklas Hagman for $3 MILLION A YEAR!! WHO THE **** IS NIKLAS HAGMAN AND WHY IS HE MAKING MORE MONEY THAN ZETTERBERG?!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well, signing Campbell is definitely what the 'Hawks were looking for, plus not having to give up players and prospects to get him makes the deal all the more sweet. Likely he'll be paired with Seabrook, not too shabby. If Barker can atleast play his way on the third line we should be solid on the blue line for once in a great while.

I dunno, I guess signing Huet is sort of the writing on the 'Bulin wall.

Now if we could only get rid of our flaky czechs

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Hossa is foolish to go to Deetroit.. at least Pr wise. It's lose-lose in that regard.

they win the cup... well, they won it this year without him so they should win again.

they lose the cup... well.. he'll get blamed for 'ruining' their chemistry.

L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm more impressed with Avery signing with the Stars. They just added a ton of grit and just about the premiere agitator in the league. Who can chip in offensively as well. Sure, he's a ****, but what pro athelete isn't?

And I'm glad that Hossa didn't end up with the Oilers, because 10 million is just too much to pay. Now if we threw a two year, fifteen million dollar contract at Jagr I wouldn't mind... :thumbsup:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Yeah, I read that too. I read he'd gotten $10.5 million offers from somewhere. Either it was just a rumour or he turned it down to play with the reigning champs. I mean, $7.4 million isn't too shabby either. Guess Detroit impressed him during that final series.

And I love how Sundin doesn't care about the hysteria in the NHL right now. He's still in Sweden, fishing and golfing.. :)

I'm actually a bit surprised by the Hossa deal. Is he making more than Datsyuk and Zetterberg? How much is Lidstrom making? It just seems like they've got to be pretty close to the cap with that type of contract, and if they aren't, then someone is underpaid.

Just read up on it, he's making a tad less than Lidstrom.

This sounds like a deal that might tick off Datsyuk and Zetterberg, those guys deserve more than Hossa. They won the cup.

Edited by Hurlshot

Get over it, Burke. How's Pronger working out for you?

I'm not sure if Hossa will flounder or flourish in Detroit. Playing with Lidstrom should be a good time for him.

And I'm pretty sure that he signed for the seven and change as a concession to play in Detroit. Must be nice to buy three new houses in three years time.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

"How's Pronger working out for you?"

brought him a cup.

What have the Oilers done since Pronger left? Absolutely nothing.

Ducks 1million Oilers -1million

"How's Pronger working out for you?"

brought him a cup.

What have the Oilers done since Pronger left? Absolutely nothing.

Ducks 1million Oilers -1million

Then why is Burke still not letting it die? He's the one that keeps bringing up the Lowe drama from last season. Oilers and Kevin Lowe have moved on.

What you posted had nothing to do with what you quote din my post. I directed my comments on the Pronger stuff Kor mentioned; not the other crap.

More improtantly, STUPID RANGERS ARE IDIOTS WHO WANT TO MISS PLAYOFFS NEXT SEASON!

IT SEEMS THEY ARE WILLING TO LET JAGR GO SO THEY CNA PICK UP YESTERDAY'S TRASH LIKE NASLUND!!!!

:lol::x:x:x:x

Not according to our stupid GM. Plus, with all our FA sugnings, there won't be no money left. Our Gm is as impatient as a little kid.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Jagr is one of the two main reasons why the Rnagers have done well since the lockout. Bah.

And, people wonder why players don't feel loyalty to scumbag teams.

Notice how the Leafs are the only ones not picking up any big names? Well, except Finger of course.. and.. uh.. that other guy.. FOR $3 MILLION A YEAR.