NHL

Ok my picks are Dallas and Pittsburgh.

Dallas over Detroit - Turco is playing insanely good. Detroit will struggle with the physical game.

Pittsburgh over Philly - The Flyers have been a feel good story of the playoffs, but both Washington and Montreal had some big flaws. The Pens are rolling and have the offense to challenge Biron. This is the third matchup in which Philly has the clear advantage n goal, so maybe they have a better shot than I think they do. Still, the Pens beat the Rangers, so Philly should be do-able.

I went a horrible 1-3 in that round so the record stands at 7-5.

DET over DAL in 7 - Dallas is good. Detroit is better. However, turco could steal the series...

PIT over PHI in 5 - Pens are superior to Philly in every aspect.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm so freaking tired today. That game was over at 1:30 where I live and by the time I settled down from the game to fall asleep it was 3 and I wake up at 6 for work.

Anywho... I'll take the Redwings in 7 over my Stars. Red Wings have always had the Stars number... but then again we could never get out of the first round of the playoffs so I have no clue.

Pit over Pit in 6. I just think Penguins are flat out better than the Flyers.

Well, another sad year of hockey for Canada... 15th year with no Stanley Cup. This REALLY sucks.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Would be nice if the Habs won next year. Seeing as it'll be their 100th anniversy, for every 4 Stanley cups they would have won 1 :D

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm glad Canadian teams continue not to win. I laugh at my bigoted fellow Canadians who only cheer for Canadian teams simply because of that silly fact.

Many reasons, and I'll share a few.

1. Love the city of NY.

2. Mark Messier.

Those are the big 2 reasons. Country should be irrelevant to what teams you want to win the cup. Stick with your favorite be it American or Canadian team. Or in, the future, Russian or European. L0L

I'm loyal to the Oilers, and would cheer for the 'Nucks if they would have made the post season. Aside from that, I could really care less about the rest of the Canadian teams. Especially Toronto. And Calgary.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'm loyal to the Oilers, and would cheer for the 'Nucks if they would have made the post season. Aside from that, I could really care less about the rest of the Canadian teams. Especially Toronto. And Calgary.

Favourites here would have to be Montreal and Ottawa. The three western Canadian teams would be next (order of preference deleted to protect the poster). I was conditioned from an early age to dislike Toronto by a cousin and that's stuck pretty well. San Jose would be pretty close to the top among the American teams with Pittsburgh and Philly at the bottom.

"How is loving a city different than loving a country?"

i don't love or even like all NY teams, definitely not because of the city.

Afterall, i don't care about the Jets even thoguh they actually have closer ties with NY City than the Giants.

Nor do I care about the Islanders, and I useed to be a fan of the Knicks; but that organziation is so full of crap that only a blind lemon would follow them now, and not ebcause they simply suck on the ice (heck, I was fan of Rangers depsite them missing the playoffs a billion times in a row.

I don't love the Yankees even though I don't mind them as I believe people go overboard with the bashing of them.

So, no, I don't love a team simply because it's from NY. That would be the same.

Here's a little story about a certain coach of a just eliminated team. Ok, it's the Sharks. Keep in mind that the author has suffered from oxygen deprivation/is an idiot.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Ouch, 1 for 4 in round two. Okay, i'm gonna say detroit over dallas, in 7, and pittsburgh over philly in six.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

WOW! If even half of that story is true, Ron Wilson is a trashy human being. And, I don't care if his tatics, on occasion, may work. It shows a lack of character when you treat people with such disgust, and disrespect yet demand it.

Maurice Fired

Sigh. If Mats doesn't return to play next season, I may have to become a Canucks fan. :shudder:

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

That's too bad. I think Maurice is a decent coach. It's not like he had a lot to work with over the past few seasons, aside from Mats Sundin.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif