NHL

Hmm, that is not good. Maurice was not the fault of this organization. Keep Toskala, Sundin, Kaberle and Maurice and build from there, I say. At least something's happening though. If only we could get a positive sign from the captain..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think Maurice would be a great fit for the Sharks. He'd probably **** his pants at having at least two talented lines to play with.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Well, there is the potential for Paul Maurice to go to San Jose. The two organizations have had a lot of dealings with eachother over the last few years, so Sharks management should be pretty familiar with Maurice and vice versa. I can't imagine him turning down the offer, thats for sure.

It just all hinges on whether they are willing to cut Ron Wilson loose. Yes, he's 8th all time on wins and he's kept the Sharks very competitive, but 5 years of yelling at the same guys is a lot. Eventually players need to here a different voice. As a teacher, I couldn't imagine trying to motivate my students for multiple years. It's tough enough to keep them listening for 1 year.

Looking pretty good for the Red Wings tonight. Turco has been solid, but it doesn't seem to be enough against Detroit. At least not in this game.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

If the more skilled team won every hockey game, it would be a pretty boring sport to watch. That's the fantastic thing about hockey, really. Hard work can beat talent on a consistent basis. It's relatively rare in Football and Basketball, but hockey is filled with upsets.

I agree that Detroit is a more skilled team, and Holmstrom being in front of the net was huge, but I think it's pretty reasonable to say there were more factors at work in that game than simple skill.

Poor Olaf. Where will he end up? Toronto? His numbers are down, but playing for the Caps can't help that much, can they?

Colorado says bye bye to Joel Quenville today. This is like the whole sound of a tree falling in the forest situation, I think.

This could be a busy offseason in the NHL.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Is Kolzig comfortable being a backup? I can't think of any team where he'd be able to start. He is pretty far along in his years, and his best hockey is unfortunately probably behind him.

Everything in the news about him since the trade deadline has been about how he isn't really happy in a back up role. As for teams where he would be able to get a starter role, how about LA? They went through what 5 goalies this year?

I think he should call it quits unless he gets a starting position. He's pretty old for an NHL player and he's got a family and stuff (I think). It's probably not worth it to travel so much with the team if he's not going to be playing much, especially if he goes somewhere like the Devils/Rangers/Sharks/Penguins who are so over dependent on their starting goalie that they rarely take them out.

Phew, I was worried they would keep him on. It was definitely time for a new system. The Sharks spent a lot of time sitting back in the defensive zone. I understand the strategy is to get in the shooting and passing lanes, but the Sharks have big fast forwards that should be aggressively pursuing the puck carrier. I think a new coach will work to change that, and maybe try to mix up the powerplay a bit.

So we've got Paul Maurice and Joel Quenevile (sp?)? Any other big names out there?

I've hear good things about the coach of the Chicago Wolves in the AHL as well, at least on the radio. It's obviously tough to take a guy without NHL experience, but maybe that's the best idea. The Sharks need a fresh approach if they are going to get over the playoff hump.