Your Top Ten Games

****, I forgot Alpha Centauri, Civ IV and freaking Pharaoh.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Also, Caesar III.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Whenever I sit down to write one of these, Torment, Fallout, and a smattering of Civ games are the only real constants. I'm also struck by the population of games out there that other people think are the BEST EVAR that I have never played. Some of this is genre-based (my current experience trying BioShock out has reminded me once again why I don't enjoy shooters not named "Portal"), and some of it is based on certain gaps in my awareness of the overall gaming community (Lucasarts made adventure games?!* Deus Ex isn't a pure shooter?! Who knew!)

I also get to thinking about some of the old games I used to play and how I would totally not enjoy them anymore. My tolerance for the grind has gone way down (I'm looking at you, Might & Magics 3-5, Icewind Dale, BG1, et al.); whenever a game starts getting the slightest bit repetitive these days, I start thinking that the game is wasting my time and the Devs should've cut more stuff. (One of the things I love about Portal is its brevity.) I really admire the heck out of what Obsidian has done with Mask of the Betrayer, but once the essential mystery was revealed at the beginning of Act III, I lost my motivation to keep grinding through boring epic-cheese D20 combat and stopped playing.

Anyhow, here's a list. It's in a rough order of preference, but I reserve the right to monkey with it.

PS:T

Fallout

Civ IV

Alpha Centauri

Fallout 2

Railroad Tycoon

The Fool's Errand

Portal

Quest for Glory I

BG 2

* (Lucasarts story not entirely true. I tried to play at least 1 of the Monkey Island games as well as IJ: Fate of Atlantis on a relative's PC, but got stuck on something ridiculously early in both games and gave up. Since I hadn't shelled out the cash for them, and this was before solutions were readily available on the internet, I never bothered trying them again.)

Mechwarrior 2

Tie Fighter

MGS2

Zone of the enders 2

Starcraft

FFVII

Suikoden V

Dawn of War

Freelancer

Call of Duties 1 & 4

in no real order.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

How'd you slip that thru the filter?

Professional secrets.

I completely forgot Worms 2, Settlers 2, Heretic 2(best combat ever) and Heroes of Might and Magic 3!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I also enjoy how you can tell how old a person is based on the games they put in their list. For example, thepixiesrock is clearly about 6 years old.

No way man, if I was six I'd have put Leaf Green, Fire Red, and Diamond on the list. Actually, the only reason Diamond isn't on the list is bbecause me and my friends got too competative with it, and we all used Action Replay to hack our games and give us pokemon with max IV's and already EV trained, and sweet movesets. I mean, the pokemon are legit in that you can get pokemon that good, you would just need ridiculous luck and a ton of time.

I mean, YOU're six years old!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

What are your favorite top ten games of all time?

hmmm, no way I could ever get a true list like that; changes too much.

So ten I really liked (and played a whole lot):

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Planescape: Torment

Dragon Force

Phantasie

M.U.L.E.

Arcus Odyssey

Final Fantasy VI/III

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Katamari Damacy

Shining Force II

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Phantasie

M.U.L.E.

:lol:

A reminder that EA once released a lot of different game genres...

*reminiscenses (sp?) the days of "Seven Cities of Gold", "Hard hat Mack", "Archon" & "Racing Destruction Set"*

I think I could use a remake of "Racing Destruction Set" :sad:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Phantasie

M.U.L.E.

A reminder that EA once released a lot of different game genres...

*reminiscenses (sp?) the days of "Seven Cities of Gold", "Hard hat Mack", "Archon" & "Racing Destruction Set"*

I think I could use a remake of "Racing Destruction Set" :sad:

A remake of Racing Destruction Set is an excellent idea. I remember Phantasie and M.U.L.E. as well. Great games.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

In no particular order:

Metal Gear Solid

Deus Ex

Caesar III

Simcity 3000

Dawn of War

Portal

Jagged Alliance 2

Baldurs Gate 2 (Honorable mention to 1 since it introduced me to CRPG gaming)

Europa Universalis 2 (3 is better but I've played this one a lot)

Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor

Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven

Fallout 2

Imperialism 2

The elder scrolls III: morrowind

Starcraft

Jazz jackrabbit 2

Unreal Tournament

Alpha Centauri

Legend (SNES game)

Heroes of Might and Magic III

Yeas I realize that there are too many games here, but I couldn't do something like a top ten without it being random and mood-based.

I guess Diablo 2 deserves an honorable mention for best co-op gamplay since the dawn of time (legend). Also Gothic 2. And No one lives forver.

Edit: Totally forgot about Outlaws.

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Invisible War!? WHAT!?

Yes in know it gets a lot of hating, but I just like it. Not as good as the first one, but still better then 99% of other shooters (IMO). Despite being very, very, very easy. In fact the only FPS I've got through more is..... Dues Ex.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I'm one of those people who consider Deus Ex as RPG instead of FPS and in RPG department DX:IW failed propably even more than in other areas

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

So ten I really liked (and played a whole lot):

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Planescape: Torment

Dragon Force

Phantasie

M.U.L.E.

Arcus Odyssey

Final Fantasy VI/III

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Katamari Damacy

Shining Force II

hell yeah :lol:

though that fight with the Kraken was a huge jump in the difficulty level

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I'd like to see Battlechess again.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: