Your Top Ten Games

How did you keep 30 lovers with the love bar maxed out?

Considering you can get a Sim to sleep with your Sim in about a day, it's not that tough. Cheats and hacks make it even easier.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

There are some games which are on my permanent replay pantheon. BG1/2 (I finished it over a dozen times without break in early high school days, with lots of time; since then, the last ~5 years, I've played it basically about once every six months.), Torment (again, once every year or so), Fallout 2 (same), Thief 2 and 3 (same). I've also come back time and time again to Icewind Dale 2 and Final Fantasy VI; I suspect I will also do the same with mask of the betrayer.

Hard for me to go back to Fallout because I got so used to the zanyness of FO2, which is also a bit more colourful; FO1 looks a lot more aged in comparison. There's good stuff in there, but I don't have the patience. Similar situation with IWD, and really, its only the 3rd Ed combat that keeps me through IWD2 anyway. For 2nd Ed, BG2's magefest really tickles me right. Arcanum I've played 3 times, probably will try it again next year or so.

Some games I really enjoyed the first time but couldn't stand to go back to were the KOTORs (probably a lot to do with my dislike of the setting though), Oblivion (you see it once...), anything on NWN1.

I own Bloodlines, but my comp couldn't handle it, the badly optimised engine was struggling and it was just really jerky and laggy everywhere, so I quit. I still haven't gone back to it, I probably will when I get a new PC nxt year. ToEE never interested me.

Not so long into gaming, so primarily newer titles here. RPG's isn't the favorite genre either, so alot of yet unmentioned titles.

In no particular order:

* Majesty

* The Curse of Monkey Island

* Deus Ex

* Kohan 2

* Dungeon Siege 2

* Midnight Club II

* Freelancer

* GTA 3/VC (SA was less)

* Painkiller

* C&C: Red Alert

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Yeah Dungeon Siege 2 was good.

Games on my permanent replay list:

Deus Ex 1

Fallout 1 & 2 (usually I play 1 and then I start 2, but they are slightly different atmospheres so depends on mood)

BG 1

IWD 1 & 2 (more 1)

PS:T

Half-Life 1

I don't play them as often any more as they no longer hold any secrets - I've played them too many times to count.

Games that I don't replay anymore because of lack of multiplayer opponents/allies:

Age of Empires (2 mainly)

Diablo 2

Jazz Jackrabbit 2

Kohan was so awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I see a lot of the old games being mentioned here. How often do you play those?

They're basically the only games worth playing any more. The games I still play are pre 2005.

Well, with a few exceptions, I agree with you - most of the games I play are older. :o

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I see a lot of the old games being mentioned here. How often do you play those?

They're basically the only games worth playing any more. The games I still play are pre 2005.

As todays games are primarily rehashes of games from 10-15 years ago...

Been there, done that...

:rolleyes:

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I don't really mind eye candy. I still think games like IWD's and BG's (and PS:T) were pleasant on the eye. Actually, I think they still are.

Problem is when you get the feel that you are playing a tech demo.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The 2D graphics of those old IE games are far superior to any 3D game IMO.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

lol no, Baldur's Gate has horrible character models

Backgrounds are damn pretty though (but ocasionally frustrating source of pixel hunt)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Well, that's not much of opinion question. Overall stories in games have become much better than in early years but amount of "top" stories per year is by far lesser as such great franchises like Ultimas are dead. Et cetera et cetera

I'd say the average quality is better nowadays but masterpieces are far fewer, thus Dark Raven in my opinion is partly right

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Well, that's not much of opinion question. Overall stories in games have become much better than in early years but amount of "top" stories per year is by far lesser as such great franchises like Ultimas are dead. Et cetera et cetera

I'd say the average quality is better nowadays but masterpieces are far fewer, thus Dark Raven in my opinion is partly right

You see here's the thing, IMO MEs story is better then any game before it and MoTB is right up there too. Both released last year, next on my lists would be JE and KotOR, then come the older games. I think the companies that want to write interesting stories(OB/Bio) are better at it. Companies like Crytek, or Epic just aren't interested in doing this, but were ID or 3D realms when they made their FPS?

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Oh you got to be ****ing kiddin' me. ME's story best ever? Ever heard of, uhh, Planescape Torment, Fallout, Ultimas, System Shocks, Sam&Max, Grim Fandango etc. etc?

As far as plot goes yes there has been considerable development from days of original Doom to days of Crysis when it comes to story

Edited by Xard

...next on my lists would be JE...

:sweat:

Am I really the only one that thought that JE's story were the biggest dissapointment in modern gaming? It was like they were drunk on the success of the KOTOR plot twist and thought it would work a second time if they just changed the character who changed midway, it probably could have worked better if they hadn't introduced the water dragon too early.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

You see here's the thing, IMO MEs story is better then any game before it and MoTB is right up there too.

Ok... Mass Effect has a better story than every other game that came before it? Why was its story so good when compared to the others -I have yet to play it as I do not own a 360-, and why are you so dismissive of past games? Have you played these classics, or are you making an attack et al without good reason? :sweat:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

You see here's the thing, IMO MEs story is better then any game before it and MoTB is right up there too.

Ok... Mass Effect has a better story than every other game that came before it? Why was its story so good when compared to the others -I have yet to play it as I do not own a 360-, and why are you so dismissive of past games? Have you played these classics, or are you making an attack et al without good reason? :ermm:

IMO the big difference between the Mass Effect story and say PS:T is accessibility. In PS:T you had to go through so much to get the full benefit of the game. Tons of sidequests and a huge amount of reading. For Mass Effect all you really have to do is sit back and watch TV between shooting things. Both had great stories for their own time and targeted genres. I do think that PS:T had far, far more depth to it. But for alot of people, it's too boring to work through now.

Not many people like to read anymore. :(

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Guess no-one told Obsidian. Especially with Kotor2's Convo "boss fights".

And the pinacle of FPS-Storywriting seems to have been reached in 2000 with Deus Ex, then got downhill for some reason from then on again.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee