Your Top Ten Games

Ah, The Sims. Also known as Bigamy: The Game.

That. Is. A. Grand. Avatar!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I don't know if there are ten games I played I'd call "top", but I'll try... In no particular order, though what comes to mind first is put first, so maybe there's an order still :thumbsup:

• Planescape: Torment (no need or objective possibility to explain in short :ermm:)
  • Baldur's Gate (getting me hooked up to DnD-CRPGs)
  • Icewind Dale (most beautiful looking and probably sounding of the IE-games, kind of generic yet great narrative/narrator)
  • Outcast (loved it at the time for variety, world and music, but don't remember too much of it nowadays, so perhaps it's only nostalgia)
  • Vampire: Bloodlines (very intriguing, great moments, though not consistently)
  • NWN2 (some of the best moments in CRPGs, like the trial and the fortress) + MotB (original, nicely demanding at times)
  • Beyond good and Evil (original, cute yet serious)
  • Disciples II (consistent cool art, good pacing and addictive)
  • Baten Kaitos (original setting, cool story elements esp. in conjunction with baten kaitos origins)
  • Zelda: Ocarina of Time (did almost everything right for me at the time)

Others:

Omicron: The Nomad Sould (see Outcast)

IWD2 (for the rules and some areas)

BG2 (for some of the art and certain quests)

The Black Eye 3 (liked the setting, the fights and the music)

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic (spent and am spending hours with it)

Warcraft 3 (render movies and parts of the story)

Total Annihilation (being the first game bought from my own money, great music and strategies)

The Witcher (beautiful areas, partly original)

Thief Series (do I need reasons?)

etc.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I see a lot of the old games being mentioned here. How often do you play those?

Played in the last 5 years

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Planescape: Torment

Final Fantasy VI/III

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Katamari Damacy

Borrowed and played again in the last year

Phantasie

M.U.L.E.

Would play now if I had the systems up to play them on

Dragon Force

Arcus Odyssey

Shining Force II

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I always have Bloodlines and BG2 installed, and more often than not I have most, if not all, of the other games I mentioned. :grin:

Bold = Played in the last week:

Baldur's Gate w/ Tales of the Sword Coast

Baldur's Gate 2 w/ Throne of Bhaal

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Neverwinter Nights 2 w/ Mask of the Betrayer

Neverwinter Nights I w/ expansions and community modules

Fallout 2

Portal

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion w/ mods

Half Life 2

Sins of a Solar Empire

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Since all these games on my list are essentially equal to my heart, my list order is based on general number of hours spent playing.

If I actually looked at all my game boxes, I might alter the list a bit, but eh...off the top of my head...

Dungeon Keeper 1 --- (still play semi-regularly)

Caesar 3 --- (still play semi-regularly)

Diablo 1/2 --- (once in a very great while)

Baldurs Gate 1 --- (not in years)

Might & Magic 7 --- (not in years)

Kotor2 --- (still installed, waiting for that mod...)

Overlord --- (not in a while, still need to get expansion)

Lords of the Realm II --- (not for a few years)

Majesty --- (not for a couple years)

Honorable mentions:

Stronghold 1 --- (now and then)

Tombraider 1 --- (not in several years)

Summoner --- (once in a great while)

Snake Rattle N Roll --- (once in a great great great while, since we still have the NES)

Snake_Rattle_N_Roll_NES_ScreenShot2.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Tombraider 1 --- (not in several years)

;)

There is a mod, Advanced Tombraider Loader (or some such) on one of the fansites, I think it might have been Tombraidre Chronicles. It enables you to run the original Tombraider with WDM sound and Glide emulation in Windows XP Pro SP2. I am almost at the Atlantis levels, just good fun (and shows how much Anniversary missed it's mark IMO)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Lords of the Realm II --- (not for a few years)

I didn't think anyone other than myself even remembered that game. Pretty fun game, both in MP and SP. Nice blend of RT combat on the battlefield and the TB strategy aspects. Nothng more fun then sending your macemen crashing into the enemies archers. lol. I used to get killed in MP all the time. I was so bad. But it was fun.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

You know one game that I probably should have mentioned (and is still installed on my computer) is Freedom Force/Freedom Force vs The Third Reich.

I still occassionally make skins for it without any real plans of playing using the skin.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Um... My revised top 10...

1. Mass Effect

2. Fallout 1

3. Neverwinter Nights 2

4. Planescape Torment

5. Fallout 2

6. Baldur's Gate 1

7. Ultima 4

8. Baldur's Gate 2

9. Jade Empire

10. Ultima 7

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

How can Jade Empire end up in Top 10 if you've gamed long as Sand... :thumbsup:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Limited taste palette?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I dunno, I enjoyed Jade Empire myself. Replayed it a number of times as well, so if someone has it in their top ten I certainly couldn't complain...

These are not necessarily the best EVAR, but they are ones that I particularly liked.

Archipelagos

Civilization II

The Four Crystals of Trazere

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Impossible Mission

Pirates!

The Sims 2

Starflight

Torment

Zak McCracken and the Alien Mindbenders

I dunno, I enjoyed Jade Empire myself. Replayed it a number of times as well, so if someone has it in their top ten I certainly couldn't complain...

Oh it wasn't a complaint. I suffer from limited taste palette myself. It tends to make best of lists a little skewed since there are entire genres of games I don't even consider. After all these yeasr of posting alongside Sand, I;ve noticed his tastes tend to run in a somewhat one track sort of way. SLightly. Not an insult though, since Sand is fab whatever his curent alt.

TIE Fighter (iMuse > u)

Deus ****ing Ex

BG2/ToB - This one has an incredibly prolific mod community, great stuff out there

Fallout 2

Fallout TACTICS - if only you could play this baby co-op...

NWN2/MotB

KotOR2

UFO/TFTD

JK2/JA - piss-poor swordplay system, but fun MP action

Starfleet Command 2 - dynamic music + tactical space combat = win

I play many of those on a regular basis, too.

Honourable mentions for the PES series, Civ, and Rome:TW. I want my life back, dammit!

I like Jade Empire, damn it. I like it a lot.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

My favorites on computer and console:

1) Icewind Dale (plus expansions)

2) NHL 94

3) Age of Empires II (plus expansion)

4) Baldur's Gate (plus expansion)

5) Planescape: Torment

6) Super Mario World

7) Baldur's Gate II (plus expansion)

8) Neverwinter Nights 2

9) The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past

10) Mario Tennis

In no particular order (although Planescape: Torment is definitely number 1) :

Planescape: Torment

Thief: The Dark Project

NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer

Need for Speed: Porsche

Unreal Tournament 2004

Knights of the Old Republic II

Fallout

Fallout 2

System Shock 2

Age of Empires II + The Conquerors

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

More than any new games.

The newest games I'd consider worth replaying are:

Vampire: Bloodlines (2004)

KOTOR1 (2003)

Icewind Dale 2 (2002)

um...

Diablo 3 (One day)

Yeah that's it.

**** man, I really need some new games. I just realised Bloodlines is the newest new game I've played (ignoring the disgrace that was Deus Ex 2). I guess nothing has really taken my fancy (aside from NWN2 and The Witcher).

**** man, I really need some new games. I just realised Bloodlines is the newest new game I've played (ignoring the disgrace that was Deus Ex 2). I guess nothing has really taken my fancy (aside from NWN2 and The Witcher).

Lol, I realized the same thing when I made my list. I couldnt even pick 10 best! I dont have a lot of time for gaming so I like to focus my efforts on what I love (WoW) but its not like I havent bought new stuff either. Bought Arcanum but it came with two "Disk 2" so I couldnt even install. Played NWN2 until the bandit camp in chapter one before I ripped the CD out, defacated on it, then lit it ablaze. I dunno, Ive had some bad picks lately. :teehee:

I don't know how your regular life goes, but in my regular life, I've never managed to maintain 6 different sexual relationships, including a marriage, concurrently without all the utterly dedicated lovers ever finding out about it, even if I'm having sex upstairs with one of them, while the wife is downstairs playing chess with another lover of mine.

The role playing options in the Sims 2 are awesome.

One of my Sims had 30 different lovers.

... in a neighborhood with nearly 2000 Sims.

What I should do one of these days (for another neighborhood) is take the Bastila Sim from ModTheSims2.com, download the Leia from MTS2, and... :teehee:o:):lol:

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

How did you keep 30 lovers with the love bar maxed out?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

One of my Sims had 30 different lovers.

... in a neighborhood with nearly 2000 Sims.

What I should do one of these days (for another neighborhood) is take the Bastila Sim from ModTheSims2.com, download the Leia from MTS2, and... :brows::woot::lol:

And we wonder why the neo-cons loath this game... :shifty::thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot