What are you playing now?

Gorth

After beating Pool of Radiance, Hillsfar & Curse of the Azure Bonds I'm now playing Secret of the Silver Blades. SotSB is a bit different than previous games in the Radiance series in that there is no overland map. The whole game seems to take place in towns, ruins, mines and dungeons of the Dragonspine Moutains with no overland travel.

On the plus side, after all my adventures in the previous games my characters are finally getting a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T as actual heroes. Everyone in the town loves my chars, offers half price off, free beer at the tavern and free training to level up. Wish I had recieved a little of this respect for clearing the ruins of Phlan! The Gold Box engine is a big improvement over previous Radiance games as well. I can finally use the mouse to click menues instead of having to rely completly on the keyboard.

I've just completed a huge 10 level mining system and have found my way into a dungeon where a crazy clown spirit is asking my party riddles... so things are getting kind of interesting. ;)

Carmageddon 1

Best racing game ever :grin:

When I've completed that, I am going to install my Splat Pack expansion for it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

After looking at it on the corner of my desk for a week, I got around to installing BioShock this evening. Played for about an hour, then went to watch something on TV. By the time the show was over, I had had too much wine to boot the game back up. I'm not very good at shooters, and it was just getting to the point where the game sends more than one enemy at you at a time.

So far, it's a very pretty game, and the setting and backstory certainly has my interest.

hehe carmageddon was fun

my sister used to always get angry with me for running over dogs, so naturally, i'd run down any of the suckers i saw

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

My Metal Gear Solid Essentials Collection finally arrived, so I'm starting up Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance. Sucks that my Sons of Liberty saves don't work with it, all those dog tags lost.

Also got my HDMI-DVI cable, so I'm playing a bit of Condemned 2 on the side. Don't like moving my monitor between my computer and my PS3, so it's strictly an on the side project.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just hit level 36 with my captain in LotR Online. I'm extremely happy with the amount of content Turbine has been adding in the year since release, and now they've announced an expansion will hit in the fall. The graphics also look stunning with DirectX 10.

I finished Oblivion after +70 hours the month it came out, but never have been able to go back to it since. The comp is still too slow to run it smoothly, but the maturation of mods that fix the incredibly lazy UI and the stupid, stupid level scaling might mean I can stomach a second run, maybe.

I'm still going to cheat through the idiotic oblivion gates, the world is uninspired and the story is crap; but hey, it looks alright and it's pretty fun to just run around and do stuff.

I started to reinstall Oblivion yesterday, only to discover that the downloads I had bought were incompatible with Windows Vista. So, back on the shelf it goes. Great going, Bethesda! :thumbsup:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

On my first playthrough Sarevok was a bitch to kill. He was too fast and always killed one of my fighters before I could off him. I eventually did it, but only with the luck of the rolls on my side.

Ah, the days when dead party member meant reload. None of this auto-resurrect crap.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Kangaxx was a piece of piss compared to Sarevok.

Heja Sverige!!

On my first playthrough Sarevok was a bitch to kill. He was too fast and always killed one of my fighters before I could off him. I eventually did it, but only with the luck of the rolls on my side.

Ah, the days when dead party member meant reload. None of this auto-resurrect crap.

Well, Sarevok is overpowered (for a party that level, has crazy HP and THAC0), but it's more Angelo and Semaj that really ruin my day. Angelo has those insane fire arrows (that for some unexplained reason don't affect his allies that much), and Semaj is just a pain in the ass, dispelling my buffs all the time. I cannot seem to win the fight unless I resort to cheesing through (spam Chaos while outside visual range) or taking advantage of the AI shortcomings.

Sarevok isn't too bad, but that ****ing Kangaxx in BG2 still annoys the hell outta me >_<
Um. Protection from magic + ring of the ram make short work of him. Protection from Undead also makes him unable to target you. Also, you are immune to Imprisonment while in the Slayer form. Korgan and Minsc are immune while enraged, too. Cheese, but it's one of the worst designed monsters in all of the IE games. I mean, a demilich that ONLY casts Imprisonment, regardless of its efficacy? Devs please!

Thanks to the awesome AI, you don't really have to deal with Semaj and Angelo. >_

Heja Sverige!!

Well, Sarevok is overpowered (for a party that level, has crazy HP and THAC0), but it's more Angelo and Semaj that really ruin my day. Angelo has those insane fire arrows (that for some unexplained reason don't affect his allies that much), and Semaj is just a pain in the ass, dispelling my buffs all the time. I cannot seem to win the fight unless I resort to cheesing through (spam Chaos while outside visual range) or taking advantage of the AI shortcomings.

Sarevok isn't too bad, but that ****ing Kangaxx in BG2 still annoys the hell outta me >_<
Um. Protection from magic + ring of the ram make short work of him. Protection from Undead also makes him unable to target you. Also, you are immune to Imprisonment while in the Slayer form. Korgan and Minsc are immune while enraged, too. Cheese, but it's one of the worst designed monsters in all of the IE games. I mean, a demilich that ONLY casts Imprisonment, regardless of its efficacy? Devs please!

everytime i've used their beserker rage thing they still get imprisoned straight away :wub:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I wasn't too sure about Korgan so I just checked to make sure, and both are immune to Imprisonment while enraged. Demilich Howl still kills them fairly often, tho. Maybe their rage wore off?

I do have a number of mods installed (including tactics, which brings Kangaxx more in line with what's expected from a demilich), but I don't think any of them changes the properties of either rage effect (Minsc and Korgan's are different).