What are you playing now?

Gorth

Audiosurf ID is thepopstalinist, as far as I know.

Just beat Crysis. I liked it. One of those rare FPSes whose back end is much more satisfying than the front end. Which surprised me, since Far Cry was exactly the opposite. Justified a new computer purchase? Not at all. But I got a new computer for STALKER, mostly.

Finished Condemned 2 yesterday. With my computer still wonky, I've gone back to playing Rogue Galaxy a little instead of what I should really be playing, Kane's Wrath.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Audiosurf.

Damage Inc. and Shout were great.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Whenever I replay Deus Ex, I get bored after Paris.

That said, I've successfully gotten that far so with the following methods:

Stealth + Melee. Did you know this is 100% doable without the nano-sword? A normal sword is still very lethal, especially with skill points and augmentations spent in this area.

Stealth + Pistols. Very fun. Helps that stealth pistol is semi-automatic, but I also carry the normal pistol for sniping purposes.

Rambo + Big Guns. Interestingly, the rocket launcher and plasma rifle effectively replace most weapons. Flamethrower is nice for the start of the game but the plasma rifle pretty much replaces it later on.

Rambo + SMGs and rifles/shotguns. Yeah, fairly stock-standard but still pretty fun. Lots of variety.

Stealth + sniper rifle and silenced SMG. Nothing better than randomly unloading a bunch of silenced rounds into a guy's chest. Headshot? Pfft. I bet can one hit kill you if unload half a clip.

I'll be honest. My latest play-through was technically a mix of big guns and melee, but it worked very well; a good complement. I played on hard and used the medicine skill for once. It was great.

Try this song on Audiosurf. Holy mother of God.

Heja Sverige!!

After reading the Butchering Pathologic series of articles at RPS I felt an urge to replay this gem again. The game can be harsh to the player at times, but because of it Pathologic is one of the most rewarding games I've ever played. Not sure if I can recommend it to anyone here, however, since I heard that the English translation from Russian was atrocious, which is a major issue for such a story-heavy (And how awesome the story is!) game. Check my favorite

from it I uploaded on YouTube if you are interested: the scene just oozes atmosphere and style.
20795.jpg

Guest The Hero of 1001 Faces

...still playing Team Fortress 2 on both 360 and PC. I've still yet to play Assassin's Creed all the way through, so I may get into that next.

My riches for a good RPG.

...still playing Team Fortress 2 on both 360 and PC.

So you enjoy wasting your money?

Spare a coin, good sir?

COD4 multiplayer, Gothic 2, Tiberian sun, Jagged Alliance 2 and DOW: Soulstorm for me, I need to finish one before I start a new one.

I'll have to add a Europa Universalis 3 game as an indian minor to that list, as well as Company of Heroes.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I'm currently playing Anachronox, for the first time. I'm really impressed with this game, it's so enjoyable. And I'm almost done with Still Life. It's a good adventure game with a good story, but nothing ground-breaking in terms of game mechanics.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Guest The Hero of 1001 Faces
...still playing Team Fortress 2 on both 360 and PC.

So you enjoy wasting your money?

Spare a coin, good sir?

If I enjoy them both, how is it a waste? When I want to get competitive and play with people who care I jump on PC. When I want to get drunk (or already am), and accuse people of being communists, I jump on 360. I just wish the 360 version would get an update or two. I want to hear the sizzle when I incinerate people!

Try this song on Audiosurf. Holy mother of God.

I've been trying to find a Slayer song thats thoroughly impossible, but I really don't have too much of their catalog.

I've been trying to navigate Radiohead Treefingers without total suckage, no real luck so far.

My tag is Laozi114

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

What I would like to see would be a portable MP3 player version of Audiosurf. Just put it on random and race away.

Heja Sverige!!

I'd like to see some way to control my blinding rage when I pick up a gray square early in a track

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I've been trying to beat you at baking bread and failing.

Heja Sverige!!

mono?

Oh and my Steam group deal is the Holy Jalape

Edited by Laozi

Yep, mono.

I don't have TF. Yet.

Heja Sverige!!

Trying out the single player campaign of supreme commander. It sucks pretty hard honestly. The game itself is fun and I enjoy it a great deal but the mission designs take all that and makes it bad. Hopefully the expansion pack, Forged Alliance, will be an improvement.

Played Kane's Wrath campaign, was pretty meh IMO. I like the new sub-factions and the super units, unfortunately whenever I try to play on a LAN with friends the game desync's 3/4 of the time. WTB patch!

Gone back to C&C Generals: Zero Hour over the LAN, it's still quite fun playing with a couple other people and some AI, graphics are a bit dated though.

That's it mostly, I keep meaning to pick up a copy of The Witcher so I can get some RPG goodness but my DVDrom is down and I am too busy to try and fix it at the moment.

Edited by tripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.