What are you playing now?

Gorth

I just started a Dwarf Guardian and he's now Lvl 4 so I can't really say if I like it or not. It's very similar to WoW in terms of controls and mechanics but the setting is truly awesome.

Even now at very low level I'm already immersed in the world and it "feels" Tolkienesque.

The only gripe I have with it so far is that my system matche the minimum requirements and no more. I wish I could crank up the eye candy more because it seems to be a beautiful game.

That's a shame. I was in your boat for awhile, but I upgraded last Fall. DirectX 10 makes the game look unbelievable. The visuals are just jaw dropping. I upgraded for The Witcher and CoD4, but those games haven't impressed me nearly as much as LotR Online.

Lord of the Rings Online

How do you like it? I just hit level 39 with my captain and I've been having a blast. I also just saved enough for a horse. I've been really impressed with the rate that Turbine has been adding new content. I've yet to really feel like I'm grinding away at experience, the quests and traits really keep it engaging.

I am thinking of giving this a shot. A 14 day free trial. However it looks like it will take me almost 8 hours to download it :thumbsup:

One thing positive I can say about WOW, you can start playing your free trial immediately.

Lord of the Rings Online

How do you like it? I just hit level 39 with my captain and I've been having a blast. I also just saved enough for a horse. I've been really impressed with the rate that Turbine has been adding new content. I've yet to really feel like I'm grinding away at experience, the quests and traits really keep it engaging.

I am thinking of giving this a shot. A 14 day free trial. However it looks like it will take me almost 8 hours to download it :thumbsup:

One thing positive I can say about WOW, you can start playing your free trial immediately.

After you download and install all the updates...

Lord of the Rings Online

After you download and install all the updates...

That's what happened the first time I tried to install it. The most recent time, I was up and running in about 15 minutes or less. They must have updated the system, all of the updates, where running in the background while I was busy playing. I was running with a friend who has reached 70th level and he was surprised as well. Edited by Kelverin

uncharted: drake's fortune on the PS3. pretty cool, though from what i'm reading, it is short. oh well. there are replay options to go back and find all the goodies.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Fallout 2, I installed that restoration mod. I am currently at Klamath.

That restoration mod is neat. Did most of the quests in the Primitive Village (new area). Cassidy has a talking head but he doesn't have any sound.

I am now in Modoc doing the quests there.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Fallout 1

Just made it to Junktown, helped Killian Darkwater fighting off the assassin o:)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I was supposed to be playing more Persona 3 FES, but stupid Sneaking mode in the MGO beta got to me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Oh wow, an Obsidian dev playing FFXI. I played that since the NA launch, and quit I guess about two years ago. What server do you play on?

I played on NA PS2 launch, pretty solid with a 9 month hiatus somewhere near the beginning. I'm on Unicorn Server with a 75 Corsair, 75 Summoner and 72 White mage and spend most of my time doing endgame activities and collecting rare gear :p

One of our QA guys plays FFXI too, but not sure which server off the top of my head.

Cool, I started with the PC version and stuck with that. My main job was a 75 Beastmaster, mostly because it allowed me to solo well because of my pain-in-the-butt schedule back then. I was mostly into crafting and stuff like that though, I actually got to 100 Fishing (no botting!), that was before they updated the fishing system if I recall correctly. Nnd also nearly capped out Chocobo digging. Had 100 Cooking, and had the other crafts at 60 except for Goldsmithing. Not sure why I enjoyed that particular part of the game so much.

Don't really miss the game as such, but I do admit I miss the world of Vana'Diel a lot. It's a very charming setting, with many beautiful places to see. The early days is still some of my finest gaming memories, exploring the different places and everything felt so "fresh". I think that's what drove me away from the game eventually, it felt to "stagnant" in lack of a better word, it was becoming to much of a routine for me I guess. :p

/ramble off

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Playing GTA4 with Roman annoying Niko.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Damn, I hauled a RPG launcher around only to waste the ammunition. Looks like I'll have to go back to an earlier save or drop the thing. :)

I found an RPG in the Dark Valley and hauled it to my stash in Rostok, I then proceeded to never find a logical place to use it and as such it was a waste of time. :(

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Fallout 1

Just made it to Junktown, helped Killian Darkwater fighting off the assassin :shifty:

You're not going to work for Gizmo?

I've never tried that :blush10:

How does that work? Do you have to help the assassin, or do you just accept the offer from Gizmo when you go there with the bug/listening equipment (and shoot Killian instead of telling him you've got the evidence)?

Come to think of it... I never tried siding with the Skullz for real either :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Cool, I started with the PC version and stuck with that. My main job was a 75 Beastmaster, mostly because it allowed me to solo well because of my pain-in-the-butt schedule back then. I was mostly into crafting and stuff like that though, I actually got to 100 Fishing (no botting!), that was before they updated the fishing system if I recall correctly. Nnd also nearly capped out Chocobo digging. Had 100 Cooking, and had the other crafts at 60 except for Goldsmithing. Not sure why I enjoyed that particular part of the game so much.

Don't really miss the game as such, but I do admit I miss the world of Vana'Diel a lot. It's a very charming setting, with many beautiful places to see. The early days is still some of my finest gaming memories, exploring the different places and everything felt so "fresh". I think that's what drove me away from the game eventually, it felt to "stagnant" in lack of a better word, it was becoming to much of a routine for me I guess. :shifty:

/ramble off

Endgame has gotten pretty fun though, being such an old RPG I guess that's to be expected. I don't really plan on grinding another 75, but I definitely enjoy all the various endgame stuff they've added in the recent expansions/patches for sure.

But the world itself is probably why I keep coming back. It's so lifelike and beautiful :shifty:

It really is.

The only time I dabbled in the endgame stuff was way back when the first NA people got high levels for the first time. It was pretty fun (and sad at the same time I suppose) to try and those lesser HNMs like Roc or whatever they were called for the first time.

The last expansion pack I played was Treasures of Aht Urhgan which I thought was very good and added a very nice mix of different features and things to do, and I generally liked it a lot more than Chains of Promathia.

How is the latest expansion pack?

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

TF2 - Valve ****ed up and you can get all of the achievements via the console without being VAC banned. It is "achievement_unlock_all," and so far it seems that it has not been fixed. I'll tell you if anything negative happens. :blink:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Why would you get VAC banned? That's not what VAC is for.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."