What are you playing now?

Gorth

I played two PSN demos today. Here's my opinions.

Heavenly Sword: Don't blink, you'll miss it. Whatever promise the game has, the demo has no showing of it. There's not even enough demo to give you a brief rundown of the controls so that you can play it better than badly.

Stranglehold: By His Holy Noodley Appendage that was bad. PS2 graphics, controls that were worthless (with my character sliding over everything he bumped into every 5 seconds) and horribly designed action. Enemies constantly come at you from all directions and the only indicator you have that you're getting shot is a white arrow that will not catch your attention. You probably won't even notice the guy in front of you shooting at you, let alone the guy from behind. Thankfully it's not hard enough for that to matter.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I got 134!

Hah!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You can get more with a kind word and a gun, than you can with just a kind word.

QFT.

There are two kinds of people in this world: Those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Great one liners never go out of style.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I was "stuck" at that point at my first attempts.

There is a button in one of the lower levels that you must as well press to open the stairs.

I also reached the 188 record. :*

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

Currently playing TA:Spring (which is basically free Total Anhiliation with 3d camera). It's a lot of fun, since I lost my Original TA CD a goo while ago and now I can play again.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Currently playing the Witcher. I am in the 2nd chapter in the city of Vicina (I was never good with names)

searching for the killer of the prisoner who was connected with salamander.

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Who only thinks he's me?

Finished Assassin's Creed. Loved it, can't wait for a sequel.

I decided to blow money I don't particularly have and bought Hotel Dusk: Room 215

My now playing list is:

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (DS)

Killer 7 (Gamecube)

Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)

Gears of War (PC) *on hiatus*

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP)

Hmm, I have nothing in my PS2.

I'm playing a newish NWN module called Enigma Island - it's pretty good, not spectacularly original but solid, well-designed, relatively bug-free and generally a very enjoyable experience. I'm approaching (I think) the end of part one, with part two still to go. :thumbsup:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Finished Overlord twice (it's not a long game, even for a slowpoke like myself).

Very slowly working my way through the Orange Box (Portal is cool ... HL2 is ok for a FPS) and Hellgate:London.

Hellgate's main problem, imo, is the dreary gunmetal and brown colors and sameness in construction of most of its levels. It doesn't take long at all before you enter a new area and say to yourself "Haven't I been here already?" Sure, the dungeons are 'randomly generated', but it all looks the same nonetheless. Also, the skill trees seem a bit lacking.

The rest of the game is pretty much Diablo2 in 3D but with a sci-fi/gun-tech theme - and the ability of a 1st person perspective if you wish it. You have 'mods' instead of gems and runes, you have 'analyers' instead of ID scrolls, similar class skills, and so on. So the game is playable and semi-addictive just because it has the D2 feel in terms of items and simple monster-bashing, but the design makes the entire game feel like you're doing nothing but Countess or Baal runs over and over the entire time. Short bursts of play, fine, long-term addiction - I doubt it.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just finished The Witcher. The ending was better than the rest of the game, but it was a great let-down for me (the game not the ending). Maybe I will ask some stuff and say my thoughts in the spoiler forum/thread later. All in all a good game but not anything special as a lot of people presented it.

Edited by Istima Loke

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Who only thinks he's me?

I am playing VtM Bloodlines. Trying out the Tremere. I was going to go for a Gangrel, but perhaps next time.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Replaying KOTOR (and am gonna replay KOTOR2 as well after that most likely).

Remembered how much I hate Taris from the Undercity and onward, blech. Just made it outta there thankfully.

Is there any list for recommended mods for KOTOR2, haven't looked through the forums yet?

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0